Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
EMinlove

Love In Em @ Jurong West

Hi,

Nice Design...Really looking forward to see your great transformation...

Any updates of the concrete railing...can you proceed with the hacking or got to live with it?

Hey Danny...

Sorry been so busy lately with looking for lighting etc.

We resubmitted for another approval, this time indicated that the original grill is metal and we want to switch back to metal. However due to the current state is concrete...they insisted that we still engage PE to BCA report that gonna cost a Bomb!

Trellis also cannot be done already. We wanted polycarbonate with chennai wood timber. HDB will only approve if we use laminated glass on metal frame that gonna cost double ($9K)!!! Faint...

So we just gonna leave use wall stairs and leave balcony area roofless for awhile till we figure out what to do :(

Edited by EMinlove

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

A little progress...

We are talking bout the main wrought iron gate. I love details but my ID said too much details very busy. She showed me some photos but none that I like. So she said I could draw up our own design...but with extra cost $$$

One afternoon during my free time,I took a paper and pen..and started drawing. Reference to other existing wrought iron gate design...I came up with this:

image_zps5451c8af.jpg

I wanted something more personalized , so this is the first try the gate man did up for us

image_zpscc72636a.jpg

I am delighted that this can be done. First sample looks alright but could be better...lets hope the next try looks nicer hehe

Went to JB for a day trip with my friend. Wow, you really can get good value for money there if you look hard enough...

Highlight of my loots:
Door knob for my main door
392BB1A5-DDBA-49A5-A66D-3288842791F1_zps

Matching door knobs for my bedrooms
5D8514AB-7717-4958-BF9B-12F09736D2D1_zps

Plus a stainless steel bronze coated safety door guard
348C8726-58BA-456B-91C7-AB8488B5B69F_zps

Total: RM705 ✌

I have checked out the price in SG, for this amount of details just the door knob for main door cost about S$200+.... I am super pleased with the purchase today

Edited by EMinlove

Some more updates: The furniture we bought...

After walking through like 20-30 shops at furniture mall and IMM, we finally decided to buy these pieces for our house.

The photo showed exactly what we bought, the white round coffee table, the round side table by the couch and we customized the couch size to be slightly smaller from 3.1M-> 2.7M to fit our living room ✌

2873410D-F7B2-4BBE-8F43-E4D6369D17C2_zps

For dining table, we got this glass table top with solid wood legs plus 6 pieces of chairs (the chair selected is the one that has fabric board). We decided to go with lime green to give some punch of colors into our dining area since everything is dark wood and black/white theme ☺

7BEF916E-3F45-43DD-8130-8FFAF8442F1A_zps

Here's the fabric for our dining room chair : Green fabric

E8612BC8-8BFB-4009-A5A4-568DA2D6EB75_zps

I saw this lighting at one of the show room and thought it is really cool looking. Price is a bout $450 (jaw dropped)...we are not too sure where to place it in the house. Probably one of those things you would buy on impulse haha so we KIV first

4135BB77-5D79-405B-BF2C-A949BCE133D6_zps

Edited by EMinlove

Hey Danny...

Sorry been so busy lately with looking for lighting etc.

We resubmitted for another approval, this time indicated that the original grill is metal and we want to switch back to metal. However due to the current state is concrete...they insisted that we still engage PE to BCA report that gonna cost a Bomb!

Trellis also cannot be done already. We wanted polycarbonate with chennai wood timber. HDB will only approve if we use laminated glass on metal frame that gonna cost double ($9K)!!! Faint...

So we just gonna leave use wall stairs and leave balcony area roofless for awhile till we figure out what to do :(

I think your ID should be able to propose some Design on the wall staircase to make it looks good...move on and looking forward to the great transformation.

Do you consider roller shutter for the balcony?

A little progress...

We are talking bout the main wrought iron gate. I love details but my ID said too much details very busy. She showed me some photos but none that I like. So she said I could draw up our own design...but with extra cost $$$

One afternoon during my free time,I took a paper and pen..and started drawing. Reference to other existing wrought iron gate design...I came up with this:

image_zps5451c8af.jpg

I wanted something more personalized , so this is the first try the gate man did up for us

image_zpscc72636a.jpg

I am delighted that this can be done. First sample looks alright but could be better...lets hope the next try looks nicer hehe

Nice :good: :good: and unique.

Some more updates: The furniture we bought...

After walking through like 20-30 shops at furniture mall and IMM, we finally decided to buy these pieces for our house.

The photo showed exactly what we bought, the white round coffee table, the round side table by the couch and we customized the couch size to be slightly smaller from 3.1M-> 2.7M to fit our living room ✌

2873410D-F7B2-4BBE-8F43-E4D6369D17C2_zps

For dining table, we got this glass table top with solid wood legs plus 6 pieces of chairs (the chair selected is the one that has fabric board). We decided to go with lime green to give some punch of colors into our dining area since everything is dark wood and black/white theme ☺

7BEF916E-3F45-43DD-8130-8FFAF8442F1A_zps

Here's the fabric for our dining room chair : Green fabric

E8612BC8-8BFB-4009-A5A4-568DA2D6EB75_zps

I saw this lighting at one of the show room and thought it is really cool looking. Price is a bout $450 (jaw dropped)...we are not too sure where to place it in the house. Probably one of those things you would buy on impulse haha so we KIV first

4135BB77-5D79-405B-BF2C-A949BCE133D6_zps

IMM....hmmm I bought mine from one of the shop too. Just be careful that there is a blacklisted shop here ...Mx Dxcxr ... so just be careful.

Hey Danny,

Thank you for following my post...haha a lot of people here silent reader, no response de =(

Answering to your questions, we will just make do with a simple wall staircase *grrrr* but maybe improvise that area with some painting or something As for roller blind we not too sure yet, maybe just leave it empty for now until we move in then decide lo.

Ya I love the grill, hopefully it turns out something nice and personalized to us. Furniture we got it from Red Apple, the lady who serve us is very friendly and helpful. Luckily not Mx Dxcxr hehehe

Now another thing I need to source is a black door lock for my living room bi-fold doors. Not sure where to get it. My ID said spray it with black, but door handles you open close every day, it will sure discoloured. I am quite reluctant...so still looking :no:

Edited by EMinlove

Went to the house today and finally the house is coming together...

I finally understand the proud feeling of a new home owner, more so when you are doing major revamp and you get to see the weekly progress of the house :)

Entrance: added black tiles at the doorstep to prevent wash to damage the laminate

2082681E-84BF-45F8-80CD-AEA5E73E1578_zps

Dining: changed window to clear glass with two-panel black&white frame for wider opening

8E9475A0-86FB-48E9-906A-795F2D9C8848_zps

Kitchen: wall is hacked and entrance is remodeled. Wall tiles remove and smoothen, Floor tiles are done too

492CFB78-6D4F-4067-BC38-E3666628DE90_zps

Staircase: no choice we can't change to metal rail as it is too costly to engage a PE. So we fill up the gap of the concrete stairs

6CB7E05D-F0FA-43DA-B3E7-97E50F658218_zps

Balcony: tiles almost completed

A9B94711-E29D-41C3-BBCA-CD7E8743D907_zps

Upstairs:

Master room: windows are up, black & white frame too :)

FB73287F-4AC8-4958-AD36-139040A5EEFB_zps

Balcony view from master room

9253A88B-D17B-42EF-A76C-4C4E0FF4A5F3_zps

Master bathroom tiles are up

A47D903B-5E44-4D14-BC39-54C79E93A376_zps

Common bathroom

2DDBA4D6-62E9-42E0-A1E7-EF6E00B299F0_zps

Common bedrooms: door frame is ready, window panels are up too

3C25164D-9E31-47E6-83B5-9A894683E500_zps

Stairs: of course this part hard to be patched too

1379DFF7-D285-4DAE-868F-A4AA01D0444E_zps

Overall their work so far so good...except we may not meet the deadline to move in by cny sigh...oh we'll, some things just can't be rush I guess

Hey Danny,

Thank you for following my post...haha a lot of people here silent reader, no response de =(

Answering to your questions, we will just make do with a simple wall staircase *grrrr* but maybe improvise that area with some painting or something As for roller blind we not too sure yet, maybe just leave it empty for now until we move in then decide lo.

Ya I love the grill, hopefully it turns out something nice and personalized to us. Furniture we got it from Red Apple, the lady who serve us is very friendly and helpful. Luckily not Mx Dxcxr hehehe

Now another thing I need to source is a black door lock for my living room bi-fold doors. Not sure where to get it. My ID said spray it with black, but door handles you open close every day, it will sure discoloured. I am quite reluctant...so still looking :no:

There is alot of silence reader or maybe is feastive season and everyone so busy with decor and shopping.

My blog also invite mostly silence readers and less comments. Maybe mine not too drastic transformation like the rest of the EM owner.

Nevertheless, enjoy the process of updating your progress as it will benefits others in their journey of renovation and also a profile for your own reference...:-)

I peep into your house yesterday.... :notti: to look at your progress...I suggest you add alittle pressure to your ID to make things move a little quicker.

Don't forget most of the good carpenters, tilers or good skill workers are Malaysia and you know CNY is big thing for them and if they cannot do much in the next 1 month, you will probably have a week or 2 without any work done during the festive...

Did your ID give you a Schedule of Work?

I see that you change all your Windows to black frame and the push out type instead of sliding for upper floor....Nice :thumbs up:

Any grill you will be adding?

Hey Danny,

Yar I had been chasing them almost everyday...she said she is trying her best too coz this week is PH, christmas no one working, New year no one work, weekend cannot work...zzz

Don't plan to add grill at the moment, at most is the two windows for the corridoor ones, but I guess that could wait till later hehe

A lot of thingds happening, almost every day have some stuff to change or to discuss. Headache ah... =P

There is alot of silence reader or maybe is feastive season and everyone so busy with decor and shopping.

My blog also invite mostly silence readers and less comments. Maybe mine not too drastic transformation like the rest of the EM owner.

Nevertheless, enjoy the process of updating your progress as it will benefits others in their journey of renovation and also a profile for your own reference...:-)

I peep into your house yesterday.... :notti: to look at your progress...I suggest you add alittle pressure to your ID to make things move a little quicker.

Don't forget most of the good carpenters, tilers or good skill workers are Malaysia and you know CNY is big thing for them and if they cannot do much in the next 1 month, you will probably have a week or 2 without any work done during the festive...

Did your ID give you a Schedule of Work?

your readers are likely to be busy copying down your ideas ... :D

Hey Danny,

Yar I had been chasing them almost everyday...she said she is trying her best too coz this week is PH, christmas no one working, New year no one work, weekend cannot work...zzz

Don't plan to add grill at the moment, at most is the two windows for the corridoor ones, but I guess that could wait till later hehe

A lot of thingds happening, almost every day have some stuff to change or to discuss. Headache ah... =P

I suggest you put grill for the windows along the corridor for security reason. Else you can installed security alarm system. cheers.

Merry Christmas to all.