Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chubbylobster

Home Sweet Home

Ok. Same story as some of the people here. Been hanging around here.. reading and reading. viewing and viewing, envy and envy.

Finally decided to create a blog to note down progress, and a page for me to save wonderful links. HEE.

So as usual, first thing, floor plan. and these are some requirement that i'm looking at, in my floor plan..gallery_56422_197_7139.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I have yet to collect my keys, probably dec or next jan.
but had contacted some ID/contractors...

1) MR K - due to the highly raved for trustworthy, fast hands fast legs and wow wow pics from renotalk, MR K was the 1st person i had contacted. However, his quote has exceeded my budget totally.
2) Defong - recommended by friend that if i close 1 eye, defong should be okay since the quote is v attractive. And truly, the quote is really attractive but i do not have so much time to 'deal' with people. ( did not meet up, thru email only)

3) hubby's game friend - met up, with high hope since he is hubby's so called friend. only to realise his quotation, not only high but material quoted were considered as so so yet his quote so high. during the meet up too, really cannot make it. BUT since he is hubby's friend i shall not name him. HE IS TOTALLY OUT PLEASE. ( after meeting him, i'm totally disappointed man. i do not feel like meeting anybody else seriously. coz it felt like i'm wasting my time)

SO.. i started to EMAIL.

4) DX - had tried to contact edmund but he had stated that it will be good to meet him in the office. Not really truly impressed, so after NO.3, i am way too lazy to meet people. So till date, i have yet to decide to meet him.

5) Summit interior Chris - email them, promptly reply. Quote is reasonable, and reviews of summit had all the while been gd too.

6) Custombox MR FOO - another renotalk legendary person. Seen June's, chocobanana ( mrs foo)'s blog.. Another wow wow! Met up, impressed. Currently awaiting for quote.

Was considering contacting MR ALAN too.. but decided not to.. since comments said u need lots of supervision on ur own.

By the time i reached no.5, i was on the verge of giving up and deciding summit or defong. BUT itchy eyes can't take off the projects of MR Foo.. and decided to try my luck..so I guess i will wait for MR Foo's quote and decide which to settle.

Thats all folks.

Will update when the time come.... ( HOPEFULLY QUICKKK!!!) :thumbs up:

Hello chubbylobster!

Great to see that you started your own t-blog! so sorry about the delay in replying u the other time. I was hesitant to post cos after reading about your compliments abt my husband, i was a bit shy! ;) (now I hope my husband is able to meet your standard!) Looking at your floorplan, seem like you already know what you want to do to your place? Any theme in mind? Cos I noticed that the clocks you shared are of different styles - cute, quirky, rustic. Have a smooth/happy renovation! :sport-smiley-018:

Hee. Thanks chocobanana! Its ok!

Theme ahh. I'm lookin at Scandinavian. But... all the clocks each have their own uniqueness that makes me go gaga! Maybe. It will juz be rojak theme! Wahhaa. Diff room diff style. *faint* whaahhaha

now.. i'm hesitating.
a standard 4 rm bto is so small, if i built in so many cabinet.. will it makes my house look more cramp??
and my kitchen.... style.. like. i decided to hack away the wall near bomb shelter, to make dining place bigger.. but what kind of door?? and.. the flooring of existing kitchen flooring and my living room tiles??

and we probably already knew who to engage but shall wait till we get keys and confirm with him.

reno thoughts have to stop for awhile since nothing we can do!

gallery_56422_197_7139.jpg

Nice floor plan. At least you have distinctive areas.

You can consider to place the wardrobe along the 4680mm MBR wall.

This way, you get at least 12ft of wardrobe.

Nice floor plan. At least you have distinctive areas.

You can consider to place the wardrobe along the 4680mm MBR wall.

This way, you get at least 12ft of wardrobe.

hmmm pardon my ignorance, then the bed and tv how ah? :P

hmmm pardon my ignorance, then the bed and tv how ah? :P

Base on estimation, the width is approx. 3000, takeaway the depth of a wardrobe 600, and a bed with frame of no more than 2000, left 400 gap to move.

Given the HDB layout nowadays, this is one common solution. The TV has to be sacrificed.

TV depends on personal life style, some like it, some feel MBR is a place to rest, and rather not have TV in room.

Overall cost save in hacking and combine rooms goes into the wardrobe. Be it pole system, off the shelves or carpentry.

No TV means no need DVD player, additional box set, no TV set etc. Also this adds on to initial cost.

In the long run, no rooms are sacrificed, more living space, easier to let go after MOP.

In this case, he can build a L wardrobe, shift the bed near to the window and still have some space opp for a wall mount 40inch perhaps.

IMO, wardrobe is more important than TV. Spaces are needed for clothing, beddings etc and you know the Missus.....

Most will not duplicate a living room sound system in the MBRthen why the effort and cost to do a half past six one in the MBR.

Better lump the cost and have a solid set up in living room.

My MBR is similar to yours in terms of size. Due to superstitions, my TV (42 inch :)) is hidden in the wardrobe. And you will definitely need to customise bed frame to maximise walking space.

The wardrobe area in front of the bed, you will need drawers because you definitely can't bend down to access the bottom.

Edited by MiracleSG

Ah... thanks Ocean for the suggestion.

I guess.. erm. after my fengshui review, many plans have changed. In fact i'm into scandi kind of style but after the review, the fs mentioned it would be good to have more metal in the home so... MISSION on hold currently, till further notice!

( I gotten my key last month, went twice. but had not done anything to it yet. :dunno: )

the above floor plan as wished has changed to no low cabinet in the living room.

and definityly can't have a 12ft warobe as bed has to be at that area as advised by fs master!

luckyhuathuat u've a T-blog too? would love to see!

Takashi, do u have a T-blog too? HEE. i would love to see diff designs especially same layout somemore!!!

miracleSG.. wah.. abit chim. any picture?

Edited by chubbylobster