Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chubbylobster

Home Sweet Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have exact same layout.. YRW too. At 1st tot of hacking the kitchen wall but after view the exact small wall decided not to. To make it look bigger and save hacking cost ID suggest put mirror.Just remember to shift your washing machine drain pipe when doing the base.Good luck.

Ah... thanks Ocean for the suggestion.

I guess.. erm. after my fengshui review, many plans have changed. In fact i'm into scandi kind of style but after the review, the fs mentioned it would be good to have more metal in the home so... MISSION on hold currently, till further notice!

( I gotten my key last month, went twice. but had not done anything to it yet. :dunno: )

the above floor plan as wished has changed to no low cabinet in the living room.

and definityly can't have a 12ft warobe as bed has to be at that area as advised by fs master!

luckyhuathuat u've a T-blog too? would love to see!

Takashi, do u have a T-blog too? HEE. i would love to see diff designs especially same layout somemore!!!

miracleSG.. wah.. abit chim. any picture?

i don't have a T-blog hahaha but will post some of my reno pics on my own fb and RW fb gp. r u from 336C blk?? hehe

I have yet to collect my keys, probably dec or next jan.

but had contacted some ID/contractors...

1) MR K - due to the highly raved for trustworthy, fast hands fast legs and wow wow pics from renotalk, MR K was the 1st person i had contacted. However, his quote has exceeded my budget totally.

2) Defong - recommended by friend that if i close 1 eye, defong should be okay since the quote is v attractive. And truly, the quote is really attractive but i do not have so much time to 'deal' with people. ( did not meet up, thru email only)

3) hubby's game friend - met up, with high hope since he is hubby's so called friend. only to realise his quotation, not only high but material quoted were considered as so so yet his quote so high. during the meet up too, really cannot make it. BUT since he is hubby's friend i shall not name him. HE IS TOTALLY OUT PLEASE. ( after meeting him, i'm totally disappointed man. i do not feel like meeting anybody else seriously. coz it felt like i'm wasting my time)

SO.. i started to EMAIL.

4) DX - had tried to contact edmund but he had stated that it will be good to meet him in the office. Not really truly impressed, so after NO.3, i am way too lazy to meet people. So till date, i have yet to decide to meet him.

5) Summit interior Chris - email them, promptly reply. Quote is reasonable, and reviews of summit had all the while been gd too.

6) Custombox MR FOO - another renotalk legendary person. Seen June's, chocobanana ( mrs foo)'s blog.. Another wow wow! Met up, impressed. Currently awaiting for quote.

Was considering contacting MR ALAN too.. but decided not to.. since comments said u need lots of supervision on ur own.

By the time i reached no.5, i was on the verge of giving up and deciding summit or defong. BUT itchy eyes can't take off the projects of MR Foo.. and decided to try my luck..so I guess i will wait for MR Foo's quote and decide which to settle.

Thats all folks.

Will update when the time come.... ( HOPEFULLY QUICKKK!!!) :thumbs up:

Hi Mind pm me which Alan are you referring to

nothing better to do... lets.. just have some eye candy from taobao!

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a2106.m861.1000384.246.0FAIEp&id=21872215989&scm=1029.newlist-0.1.27&ppath=&sku=&ug=

nice eiffel tower clock!

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a2106.m861.1000384.75.0FAIEp&id=12222105497&scm=1029.newlist-0.1.27&ppath=&sku=&ug=

Fried egg in a pan.. cute for kitchen too~

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a2106.m861.1000384.625.0FAIEp&id=16215700472&scm=1029.newlist-0.1.27&ppath=&sku=&ug=

Love this 'LOVE' style too... can put **** room.... once u enter from entrance....

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a2106.m861.1000384.849.0FAIEp&id=7946875380&scm=1029.newlist-0.1.27&ppath=&sku=&ug=

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a2106.m861.1000384.803.0FAIEp&id=20514567448&scm=1029.newlist-0.1.27&ppath=&sku=&ug=

these 2 ..cute for kids' room!

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a2106.m861.1000384.1121.0FAIEp&id=26502508057&scm=1029.newlist-0.1.27&ppath=&sku=&ug=

and this one..so uniquely .. like harry potter train station kind of clock style!

argghh.... so many nice styles.. i wont know which to pick too... :wub:

Hi Chubbylobster,

I love your last clock. The white one. Are you getting that?

Hihi everyone! i'm another silent reader.. who.. just got her keys! love your floorplan @chubbylobster! esp the part where you can hack the kitchen entrance.. we hav the same floor plan except i cant hack mine! :S

Anyhoo, i just wanted to ask anyone who knows.. i just contacted Mr K.. and wondering if i got the right one. The guy i spoke to doesnt really speak english but comfortable in mandarin/malay. Correct?? This is my first house too so totally noobie!!

Is Foo's quote better than Mr K's quote?

M. Foo is very accommodating, flexible and down to earth but like all ID and contractors, dont expect instant answers/responses.

He will reply but will take time. I would say his quote is pretty similar to most, some may be cheaper and he allow you to source for own source after seeing his offer.

M. Foo is very accommodating, flexible and down to earth but like all ID and contractors, dont expect instant answers/responses.

He will reply but will take time. I would say his quote is pretty similar to most, some may be cheaper and he allow you to source for own source after seeing his offer.

Sometimes he is not fast in responding to queries because he is focused on current clients' reno, which means that when you engage him, you are assured of his full attention too (priority goes to clients rather than prospective clients). This is one of the things that set him apart from other IDs. Once my reno started, he was very hands on and replied to my endless questions quite promptly most of the time. Many other IDs are the opposite. They are very responsive when they are trying to get your business but once you sign on the contract, they are hard to contact.

Sometimes he is not fast in responding to queries because he is focused on current clients' reno, which means that when you engage him, you are assured of his full attention too (priority goes to clients rather than prospective clients). This is one of the things that set him apart from other IDs. Once my reno started, he was very hands on and replied to my endless questions quite promptly most of the time. Many other IDs are the opposite. They are very responsive when they are trying to get your business but once you sign on the contract, they are hard to contact.

Agree totally. When meeting with him, he will give you undivided attention. Kudos to MsChocobanana for being an understanding wife as well. :good:

12 feet of wardrobe! That is a nice thought! :D

Not only a thought, it's a doable plan. I am planning at least 15 ft for my place. :jammin:

yup. coz Mr K is malaysian if i'm not wrong. =)

Hihi everyone! i'm another silent reader.. who.. just got her keys! love your floorplan @chubbylobster! esp the part where you can hack the kitchen entrance.. we hav the same floor plan except i cant hack mine! :S

Anyhoo, i just wanted to ask anyone who knows.. i just contacted Mr K.. and wondering if i got the right one. The guy i spoke to doesnt really speak english but comfortable in mandarin/malay. Correct?? This is my first house too so totally noobie!!

Is Foo's quote better than Mr K's quote?

somehow i give the same idea but the diff of quote is 10K.

and then of coz Mr K do specific what he will be using like blum etc. which is considered as the more atas material.

So it will be gd if u do some homework too. Like certain things u want to specific and get a more specific quote.

anyway both have their own fans!

Hi Mind pm me which Alan are you referring to

hmm. the alan that makanlogy engaged, there was a mixed review from people who engaged with him.. So to save my trouble i decided to be lazy to meet another contractor. it seems like his quote is not bad =)