Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iceage

Finally A Place To Call Our Home!

Hi iceage, I prefer the second option too, gives the resort kind of feel. :P

Hello Snowy 89 *waves*

Thanks for dropping by! Hmm, yes both my hubby and I felt that too.. But now am thinking should we use the common bathroom tiles selection for the master as well..

Sigh, that is the problem with not having an ID. Kept second guessing our choices :bangwall:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi iceage, I'm also trying to find a contractor for my 4rm resale. I'm only reno my MBR toliet and MBR with a tight budget as well.

Most IDs seems to be ingoring me, haizz.... maybe too small of a project to them.

Care to share your contractor to me? Thanks

Hi Ahhboi,

Yes, I do understand your feelings as well as I have gotten the "cold shoulder" treatment before as well..

I have not started my renovation yet hence I am not sure if I should recommend my contractor to you. Let me know if you will like to still have his contacts then I will pm you :)

Out of curiosity, is the extra area to the left of your bedroom 2 door big enough for a walk-in wardrobe?

Hi Makanology, *waves*

Finally we spoke! Have been a silent follower of your blog before finally deciding to start a blog on my own.

Thank you for the warm welcome! :D

I think the extra space in bedroom 2 can fit a L-shape wardrobe but unfortunately, due to tight budget, we have decided to leave both bedrooms bare for the moment. We will just be concentrating our efforts and $$ on the heavy traffic areas :P:P

Over the weekend, we went to Kronotex to choose our flooring laminates and we were quite overwhelmed by the choices that they have.

After many rounds of selection and eliminations, we finally decided on these final 2 contenders:

gallery_57788_200_406968.jpg

The middle darker will be used for our platform in the balcony while the lighter color ones will be used for our living room flooring. I am more inclined towards the whiter cleaner look p the left while hubby favors the greyish one on the right.

What do you think? Am concerned that choosing the greyish color will not go with my woody white theme. Hmm.. decisions decisions decisions... :dunno:

On a lighter note, we saw this tv console and coffee table and have shortlisted them for our selections!

gallery_57788_200_697275.jpg

gallery_57788_200_478209.jpg

Pardon my hubby's sexy hairy leg :bleah:

Love the nice white with wood. Goes with my theme! :jammin:

I love grey but for ur theme i think the whiter one will look better.. Goes well with the balcony colour too!

Thanks Redder! Finally someone who agrees with me! My man and the contractor both choose the grey laminates but am afraid will make the whole house looks duller

Need some advice from the experienced home owners here.

Am thinking of fixing rain shower for my bathrooms hence will be installing a water tank. Do I need to install a pump in my water tank to ensure bigger pressure on the rain shower?

The salesperson for the water tank told me no and the pressure is dependent on my home's water pressure. Not sure if this is true. Anyone has experience on this and can advice? will really appreciate it

I was shopping for storage tank and the boss of the shop also told me the same.... end up I bought a multi-point heater. but not installed yet and I do not know how is the pressure like.

I got my kitchen appliances from a fair in JB and these are some of the pics to share:

My kitchen faucet

gallery_57788_200_3383.jpg

Learnt from a blogger here that she bought her tap in similar design but forgot to measure her cabinets hence had to forgo the tap. So the first thing i did was to tell my contractor I had this type of tap so that he can accommodate it in his design :notti:

My kitchen sink.

gallery_57788_200_3061.jpg

Saw drunkenchivas kraus sink here and was tempted by it but unfortunately, I do not know how to read chinese so am unable to shop from TB. Hubby was pretty pleased with that fact :angry: that i was handicapped from shopping on TB!!

Anyway, did some :sport-smiley-003: bringing all these stuff in to Singapore

hahahhaha

i love your kitchen faucet

am i the blogger you're talking about? hahhahahahah

still very sad that i can't get to use my tap. thankfully i sold it off to a very nice guy here in RT so I guess somebody else will be able to get some use out of it.

hahahhaha

i love your kitchen faucet

am i the blogger you're talking about? hahhahahahah

still very sad that i can't get to use my tap. thankfully i sold it off to a very nice guy here in RT so I guess somebody else will be able to get some use out of it.

Hi Zihui,

yes you are the blogger I am talking about :P Told my contractor and even showed him the picture so he knows what I am talking about to avoid the same problem as you.

I love your place. And :good: on your blog. Love to read coz you are very funny and good in writing a blog. Always chuckled to myself when I read your blog and the man is always asking me,"What are you reading? You ok or not?" :D

Have you finally settled in? Love your puppy!! too bad my man doesnt like to have pets. The only pets he allowed is "one aquarium, 2 tortoises in it" :(

I love dogs so sad that I cant keep any pets in my place

I was shopping for storage tank and the boss of the shop also told me the same.... end up I bought a multi-point heater. but not installed yet and I do not know how is the pressure like.

Hi Linakua,

What is a multi point heater? Does it work the same as a water tank? Sorry ah am very new in this so do not know about all these :P

oh hi... it is just a instant heater for multi-point... means 1 instant heater for both bathroom....

hmmm let me try to find the picture....

Hi Zihui,

yes you are the blogger I am talking about :P Told my contractor and even showed him the picture so he knows what I am talking about to avoid the same problem as you.

I love your place. And :good: on your blog. Love to read coz you are very funny and good in writing a blog. Always chuckled to myself when I read your blog and the man is always asking me,"What are you reading? You ok or not?" :D

Have you finally settled in? Love your puppy!! too bad my man doesnt like to have pets. The only pets he allowed is "one aquarium, 2 tortoises in it" :(

I love dogs so sad that I cant keep any pets in my place

hahaha that explains why the situation sounds so familiar *blush*

Oh well, I'm just glad that the highlighting of my mistake can help others avoid this basic, simple error

wah.... i'm not worthy of your kind words.

been too busy of late unpacking, cleaning the place and to make things worse, I have exams this week so this will be the only day that i'm in the office (and hence able to come in here to chat a bit). After that, i'll be on study leave for the rest of the week. after my exams are done, i'm going to have to be a lot more diligent when it comes to cleaning the place (not to mention take more photos and come in here to chat)

we've more or less gotten used to sleeping in the place. the real acid test will come when the hubby goes for a business trip next week. i'm quite a scaredy cat so it's going to be a challenge, sleeping alone in the house. but this is something that i'll have to learn to get used to

hahahahah your comment about the "one aquarium, 2 tortoises" made me laugh

to be honest... i didn't want any pets in the house too. it was the hubby who insisted.

now, i'm in love with the little terror. can't believe i was so adamantly against pets in the house last time

maybe you can try to continue psycho-ing your husband?

he might come around to the idea.....

i'm really looking forward to following you on your reno journey! :thumbs up: