Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iceage

Finally A Place To Call Our Home!

hi, can advice the addess for the lightings?

Hi Akademon,

The shop is in Jalan RosMerah in jb. Will need to dig out the receipt tonight and will try to pm you as soon as possible

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Akademon,

The shop is in Jalan RosMerah in jb. Will need to dig out the receipt tonight and will try to pm you as soon as possible

Thanks.... camping for more :sport-smiley-018:

Do you have picture of your kompactop to share?

Hi Gryffindor,

My countertop is not installed yet. Will take more pics when it is ready ya? For now, they are still doing tiling works and my plaster ceiling :sport-smiley-018:

Thanks.... camping for more :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Akademon,

Sorry that I have not sent you the address for the lighting shop. The shop name is Best Lighting and is located along Public Bank at Jalan Rosmerah. I keyed in Public Bank and selected the one located in Jalan Rosmerah to locate the shop :notti:

Went back to the shop over the weekend to purchase the remaining lights and gotten my fans from them too. Have done a few quick survey. The prices in this shop is still the lowest but the downside is you will need to pay in cash and needs LOTS of patience in buying from this shop as it is usually packed with customers and the lady boss will need to be a spiderwoman, to have many hands and to be everywhere at the same time.

Best to ask her the prices and to write down if you are there scouting for the first time. Noted that the prices that she quoted me the first time was different from last weekend when I returned to purchase the remaining lights from her. Luckily she wrote down in my first bill and I was able to show her some "proof" of price that she quoted.

All the best to you in your shopping!

For some reasons, I am not able to upload more photos into my album. Any experts here to help me? It kept giving me the error message "You are not permitted to load pics into this album" :dunno:

So, no pictures to share until i get this resolved :help:

Went over to JB again last weekend and hauled back my remaining lights,ceiling fans, wall mount fans and a whopping 25litre water tank storage. Yes, decided to go ahead with the water tank storage instead of the multi point instant heater based on recommendations from my colleague

Would love to share the pictures of the ceiling fans that we bought but sorry guys :dunno:

We initially wanted to purchase panasonic ceiling fans but at the shop when we were deciding on the fans, we saw 2 groups of customers bringing panasonic ceiling fans for exchange, stating problems with it :jawdrop: One of the customers is from Singapore as well and we were shocked as Panasonic is supposed to be one of the better quality fans in the market. Of course cannot be compared with the high end Haiku fan, which was wayyyyyy over our budget. So, decided to go ahead and purchase Deka ceiling fans instead as it was recommended by 3 different shops (when we were comparing the prices :bleah: )

We also got ourselves a Regis shower system which was on sale in one of the showrooms in JB, selling for only rm588!!!:jawdrop: Stainless steel somemore. Without much consideration, we decided to bite the bullet and went ahead to purchase it as it was too good a deal to pass.

Went over to our place to check out the renovation progress and was pleasantly surprise to see the plaster ceiling is already up and in progress.

Luckily heeded the advice of all the seniors here and went over to check on the progress regularly. Found the contractor missed out building my washing machine base and it could be rectified on time. So guys who are having their renovation, please do check your progress regularly. we are considered the slackers group who only checks on the progress during weekend :bleah:

Anyway, found something that I was not very comfortable with. The plaster ceiling men are urinating in my master bedroom, which has yet to have its toilet bowl fixed and hence, (sorry this really sounds gross) they urinated on my toilet floor!!!! Yucks!! Is this normal?

Pointed out to the man and he asked," If not where do you want them to relieve themselves?" However, did not voice it out to my contractor as I do not want to sound petty but is this normal? Its really gross. I know they will clean it up when they are done. Just.... YUCKS!! :wacko:

Went over to our place to check out the renovation progress and was pleasantly surprise to see the plaster ceiling is already up and in progress.

Luckily heeded the advice of all the seniors here and went over to check on the progress regularly. Found the contractor missed out building my washing machine base and it could be rectified on time. So guys who are having their renovation, please do check your progress regularly. we are considered the slackers group who only checks on the progress during weekend :bleah:

Anyway, found something that I was not very comfortable with. The plaster ceiling men are urinating in my master bedroom, which has yet to have its toilet bowl fixed and hence, (sorry this really sounds gross) they urinated on my toilet floor!!!! Yucks!! Is this normal?

Pointed out to the man and he asked," If not where do you want them to relieve themselves?" However, did not voice it out to my contractor as I do not want to sound petty but is this normal? Its really gross. I know they will clean it up when they are done. Just.... YUCKS!! :wacko:

I don't think it's normal for workers to pee on the toilet floor. At our place, they peed right into the hole. On good days I saw some cardboard funnel stuck in the hole, which I assumed they peed into, because it looked wet. :huh: When your WCs are being installed, you can ask the plumbers to seal off one for you, using plastic. May not be a good idea to seal off both WCs, in case the workers pee somewhere undesirable!

The tiling you choose are nice ^^

Love the lights which you have purchase, simple and clean look (Easy to clean too of cause which is the biggest plus point :P )

hi iceage,

sorry this is a little late as i read you already got your storage heater. shouldn't be a problem cos the bar pressure of HDB flats is sufficient for rain showers. i live on the 2nd floor currently and using joven storage heater, my hubby loves the rain shower and no problem. also ready in another t-blog that owner stay at 6th floor and another at 16th floor also no problem. now for the new house hubby wants to get city gas heater, i told him poor thing, later the children shower the water sometimes hot sometimes cold. he's not convinced because he says the storage heater is very bulky. and the discussion continues....

just to share something else about buying electrical stuff in JB. I went to Hwa Ann last Sunday, also another popular spot as I wanted to get the KDK fans which are half the price in JB vs Singapore. The allowance per person is SGD150 for every 48 hours (I'm not sure why it's not SGD400). wanted to get the downlights too but hubby only wants Philips and his friend owns a lighting shop so have given him another quote thus he want to review that first. if you tell the shopowner you are from Singapore, they will write an invoice for you so easier to pay GST if necessary. we ended up not buying anything cos they didn't have my KDK fans in white and the lights we wanted also no stock. also read somewhere that in case of fire (TOUCH WOOD!) house insurance will not cover if products not bought from Singapore. i'm dubious about this one to be honest but will not argue with it.

I don't think it's normal for workers to pee on the toilet floor. At our place, they peed right into the hole. On good days I saw some cardboard funnel stuck in the hole, which I assumed they peed into, because it looked wet. :huh: When your WCs are being installed, you can ask the plumbers to seal off one for you, using plastic. May not be a good idea to seal off both WCs, in case the workers pee somewhere undesirable!

Hi intehchouse,

The hole is soooooooo small.. I think the workers did not intentionally urine on the floor but I think its quite hard to "aim" given such a tiny hole hahaha

Anyway, pondered over it for the night and finally told my contractor bout it so he said he will hasten the installation of the fittings in my toilets to ease his workers and my mind! :bleah:

How's your renovation progress going on?

The tiling you choose are nice ^^

Love the lights which you have purchase, simple and clean look (Easy to clean too of cause which is the biggest plus point :P )

Hi Songz,

Thank you for your kind words. I do detest changing light bulbs hence when I selected the lights for my home, I kept asking the salesperson to recommend the easiest to maintain lights hehehe...

hi iceage,

sorry this is a little late as i read you already got your storage heater. shouldn't be a problem cos the bar pressure of HDB flats is sufficient for rain showers. i live on the 2nd floor currently and using joven storage heater, my hubby loves the rain shower and no problem. also ready in another t-blog that owner stay at 6th floor and another at 16th floor also no problem. now for the new house hubby wants to get city gas heater, i told him poor thing, later the children shower the water sometimes hot sometimes cold. he's not convinced because he says the storage heater is very bulky. and the discussion continues....

just to share something else about buying electrical stuff in JB. I went to Hwa Ann last Sunday, also another popular spot as I wanted to get the KDK fans which are half the price in JB vs Singapore. The allowance per person is SGD150 for every 48 hours (I'm not sure why it's not SGD400). wanted to get the downlights too but hubby only wants Philips and his friend owns a lighting shop so have given him another quote thus he want to review that first. if you tell the shopowner you are from Singapore, they will write an invoice for you so easier to pay GST if necessary. we ended up not buying anything cos they didn't have my KDK fans in white and the lights we wanted also no stock. also read somewhere that in case of fire (TOUCH WOOD!) house insurance will not cover if products not bought from Singapore. i'm dubious about this one to be honest but will not argue with it.

Hi Mellenur,

Thanks for sharing! It does ease my mind that the water storage tank is working nicely! Hmm, as for purchasing items in JB, so far there were no issues for me. I did hear my colleague telling me before that the insurance will not cover if the lights are not bought in singapore but the price difference is wayyyyyyy too great. Anyway, was thinking how would the officers know the lights are not bought in Singapore?? Hahaha, just pray hard nothing will happen to all our homes here in Singapore :P

Not sure about Hwa Ann as I have not been there before but you may want to check out Best Light where I go. The prices so far is the cheapest that I can find. Even the LED white lights for my common rooms and kitchen which I have surveyed all the way to Melaka, YES, Melaka coz I was there for a quick holiday :P proved to be more expensive!! hahahaha

But the KDK fan that I got is not white color. its black :D