Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iceage

Finally A Place To Call Our Home!

Ok, Finally able to load the pictures of my fans into another general album. For some reason, I am not able to load it into my own album :dunno:

This the fan that I choose for my living room

gallery_57788_7_20809.png

Choose black 'cause hopefully will be "blind" to the dust collected on the fan :bleah:

Wanted a black fan for my master as well but the shop has run out of black baby fan. Hence, got a white one instead

gallery_57788_7_17429.png

Finally, my KDK fans for the common rooms. I got it in black color

gallery_57788_7_2052.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My floor laminates are up!! :dancingqueen::sport-smiley-004:

Happy!!! its so amazing to see the transformation of my home and can't wait for it to be done!! Did not take any pictures as we went at night and had to use our handphone lights to look at my flooring. Well, since it was dark did not manage to find any fault with it, which i hope to stay that way :P

When we went there was surprised to find my contractor there with his brother-in-law. They were laying protective sheets on my flooring to prevent the workers from scratching it, which I am grateful I must say as it was already 9.30pm!!

Was informed that my windows were up yesterday but did not have a change to drop by the house. Will do so later and hopefully, I will be able to share more pics of the reno progress, provided it is bright enough for me to do so!!

Great progress on the renovation.

Will be looking forward on your pictures.

Saw a lot of blogs and everyone seem to have great taste and know their kitchen wares, bathroom stuff, appliances and etc well

Too much ideas flooding into my too limited brain space ~

I am starting to get stress over these as I see more and more :dunno: , esp when doing alone and totally new to this. Wahahaha ~

(*By the way great choice in the brand KDK for fan, always one of my favorite brand for fans in my house)

Edited by Songz

hi iceage,

sorry this is a little late as i read you already got your storage heater. shouldn't be a problem cos the bar pressure of HDB flats is sufficient for rain showers. i live on the 2nd floor currently and using joven storage heater, my hubby loves the rain shower and no problem. also ready in another t-blog that owner stay at 6th floor and another at 16th floor also no problem. now for the new house hubby wants to get city gas heater, i told him poor thing, later the children shower the water sometimes hot sometimes cold. he's not convinced because he says the storage heater is very bulky. and the discussion continues....

just to share something else about buying electrical stuff in JB. I went to Hwa Ann last Sunday, also another popular spot as I wanted to get the KDK fans which are half the price in JB vs Singapore. The allowance per person is SGD150 for every 48 hours (I'm not sure why it's not SGD400). wanted to get the downlights too but hubby only wants Philips and his friend owns a lighting shop so have given him another quote thus he want to review that first. if you tell the shopowner you are from Singapore, they will write an invoice for you so easier to pay GST if necessary. we ended up not buying anything cos they didn't have my KDK fans in white and the lights we wanted also no stock. also read somewhere that in case of fire (TOUCH WOOD!) house insurance will not cover if products not bought from Singapore. i'm dubious about this one to be honest but will not argue with it.

Hi sorry to hijack , but i just saw this post. Im staying on the 2nd floor and using the joven storage heater too. Pressure is not issue , but the hot water seems to be quite limited. For example if i am using the rain shower with hot water , it will run out of hot water in about 10 mins. And if the other shower is also being used at the same time , the hot water runs out even faster. If i don't use the rain shower and use the hand shower , the hot water lasts me about another 5 mins.

So i am a bit disappointed with the Joven storage

Hi sorry to hijack , but i just saw this post. Im staying on the 2nd floor and using the joven storage heater too. Pressure is not issue , but the hot water seems to be quite limited. For example if i am using the rain shower with hot water , it will run out of hot water in about 10 mins. And if the other shower is also being used at the same time , the hot water runs out even faster. If i don't use the rain shower and use the hand shower , the hot water lasts me about another 5 mins.

So i am a bit disappointed with the Joven storage

Hi Jnohclee,

Thanks for dropping by! OMG, seriously?? I was initially considering the multipoint instant heater but as it was not that long in the market, decided to opt for the water tank instead. I even lug back the 25litre water tank from JB!! :jawdrop:

Oh well, no use crying over spilled milk. We will try using it first and see how from there. Thanks for highlighting!. By the way, do you have any tips to let the hot water run longer?? hahahah

Been some time since I updated the progress my our place. I remember someone in this forum once said that it was therapeutic to visit our homes during renovations and i find that true. Whenever I had a bad day at work, I would pop by my place during the evening to remind myself the reason why I am working so hard for. A place that i can call a home!

Now less thought and more pictures!

Plaster ceiling is up!

gallery_57788_8_87567.jpg

Laminates for my living room are done!! :dancingqueen:

gallery_57788_8_86362.jpg

After much pondering, decided to go for one color for the entire living room to keep it simple.

My platform! This is the area that I love best! Always wanted a platform for my home :jammin:

gallery_57788_8_77746.jpg

Continuing from my previous post.

Windows at balcony/platform area is up!

gallery_57788_8_75991.jpg

Dropped by my place yesterday and found that the ac are also up!! Yippee!!!:jammin:

Common room 1

gallery_57788_8_64339.jpg

Living hall ac. This ac is humongous!!

gallery_57788_8_63756.jpg

Master bedroom ac

gallery_57788_8_79970.jpg

Our contractor sent us a sneak preview of our cabinets in making.

Makes my pulse accelerates!! This makes it even more real that my dream is coming true!! Having a place of our own!!

Shoe cabinets

gallery_57788_8_28871.jpg

Choose black laminates for the inner layer. Inspired by Vanessa's shoe cabinets :P

gallery_57788_8_84793.jpg

I got my kitchen appliances from a fair in JB and these are some of the pics to share:

My kitchen faucet

gallery_57788_200_3383.jpg

Learnt from a blogger here that she bought her tap in similar design but forgot to measure her cabinets hence had to forgo the tap. So the first thing i did was to tell my contractor I had this type of tap so that he can accommodate it in his design :notti:

My kitchen sink.

gallery_57788_200_3061.jpg

Saw drunkenchivas kraus sink here and was tempted by it but unfortunately, I do not know how to read chinese so am unable to shop from TB. Hubby was pretty pleased with that fact :angry: that i was handicapped from shopping on TB!!

Anyway, did some :sport-smiley-003: bringing all these stuff in to Singapore

Hi Iceage,

I love your kitchen faucet. Whr u get it in jb? How much of it? We need to tell our contractor if we want to use this kitchen faucet? pls advice.

Thanks

Regards,

Tracy

Hi Iceage,

I love your kitchen faucet. Whr u get it in jb? How much of it? We need to tell our contractor if we want to use this kitchen faucet? pls advice.

Thanks

Regards,

Tracy

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for reading my blog. I got this faucet from a shop called KAC in JB. Address is as below:

69, Jalan Molek 3/10,

Taman Molek ,

81100 Johor Bahru,

Johor, Malaysia.

tel.jpg +607-3582388

fax.jpg +607-3582398

I got my kitchen appliances during a fair from this shop and got 30% off all Teka products, which I find is a pretty good deal. However, do take note that if you purchase from JB and bring it into Singapore, the warranty is void and this shop does not provide shipping services. i lugged everything back myself, item by item to minimise the costs to avoid GST and it is quite troublesome for me to ship in the oven as my car is not big enough to carry it back.

in the end, my contractor got his ppl to fetch in my oven :notti:

My contractor sent me these pictures a few days ago and frankly I was surprised as this is something extra which I did not pay for

3D drawings of my kitchen

gallery_57788_7_20989.jpg

This is the theme that I am going for my entire house. Woody-white!! :P Is this scandinavian??? not sure as not trained in design haha

gallery_57788_7_18358.jpg

Got some 3D pictures from my contractor prior to this but was not expecting much as he is afterall, a contractor and not an ID. Hence, really appreciate that he took the trouble to get someone to draw the 3D for me, although the first few pictures were all wrong (hence I did not bother to post those pictures here) Tiles were wrong, color scheme was wrong etc...

But, as they are FOC, not complaining :sport-smiley-004: These 2 pictures are the closest to what I have in mind though hence sharing it here.

Hi Jnohclee,

Thanks for dropping by! OMG, seriously?? I was initially considering the multipoint instant heater but as it was not that long in the market, decided to opt for the water tank instead. I even lug back the 25litre water tank from JB!! :jawdrop:

Oh well, no use crying over spilled milk. We will try using it first and see how from there. Thanks for highlighting!. By the way, do you have any tips to let the hot water run longer?? hahahah

Wah, thats a long way to lug it back from. haha . I hope it works better for you!

Hmm , the only way that worked so far is to not use the rainshower. The handshower seems to let the hot water last longer.

It has been a very exciting week albeit tiring for me and the man. Was told by our contractor that our electricity - Phase 1 is up and we hopped over right after work to check it out.

Happy that we need not bring a torchlight to view our house progress and was astounded by how big the transformation was!!

Our master bathroom! Lighting and fittings are up!! :dancingqueen:

gallery_57788_8_129604.jpg

The rain shower works fine and cant wait to shower in it!! (*rubbing hands in anticipation!! :thumbs up::bleah: )

Our common bedroom where the lights and fans are up!

gallery_57788_8_99309.jpg

However, I think the wiring for the fan has not been completed as I could not turn on the fan. Then again, after closer inspection, realised the wire was dangling out. Of course cannot on la.. 8|

Sorry to jump the gun a little. My water tank is up in my common bathroom!!

gallery_57788_8_59661.jpg

Our power points tv points switches. Love the silver color. Our contractor managed to negotiate with our electrician to install them for us, but with a price. Means no more discount from their original quotation. Oh well, might as well as buying the switches ourselves costs a bomb (after lots of research and comparing of prices) and end up we only pay $150. It's a steal!!!:good:

gallery_57788_8_109086.jpg

gallery_57788_8_45345.jpg

Continue from above posts.

Living room lights. Unable to take the full living room as some of the lights have yet to be connected. It is just Phase 1 of the electricity works :)

gallery_57788_8_39919.jpg

You see there is still wire dangling out?? Our contractor told us people always do not understand that these works will come in phases. Have a feeling that he was telling us that we do not understand as we kept shooting questions at him. "Why is this wire like tis? Why is there no point?" etc :sport-smiley-004:

gallery_57788_8_41779.jpg

Finally, my half done up half pending kitchen.

gallery_57788_8_85811.jpg

Finally the debris has been cleared that i can catch a glimpse of my kitchen tiles. They have been hidden from my view for a few weeks as debris and corrugated board covered it. Noticed that the right side of my kitchen is done up but my left side still left much to be done.

Been nagging my contractor for weeks why the wall tiles have not been hacked and he patiently just told me,"Mai worry, i will do it nice nice for you" :(

I think I have been :fire: lots of whatsapp to my contractor on a daily basis that when I tried to look for certain info that he has given me, I have to scrolled all the way up. Luckily my contractor has been super patient to me :sport-smiley-004:

But I told him I really cannot accept this old tiles hence pls hack it away, which he said it will be done today. Reminded him again and again to ask his guys to be careful with my laminated flooring which has been laid in the living room, Really do not understand why it was not hacked off in the first place. :dunno: Is this common with other renovation works?

Anyway, found that my some of my downlights are not fixed correctly. I have 4 3-light downlights, those that you get white light at first switch, warm light at second switch and white-warm light at 3rd switch? Well, those are intended for my master bedroom as I did not have cove lighting in it but they were installed in my hallway to my rooms and my common rooms :no:

Made an appointment with both my contractor and my electrician tonight to go through all the points with them to minimise any misunderstandings :thumbs up: