Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iceage

Finally A Place To Call Our Home!

Thank you Songz for your kind words. I went to many lighting shops but could not find a similar one. However, gotta wait for about 2 weeks for it to arrive but no regrets here. The platform area was designed to be a cosy area for both of us and we just love it!!

How's your renovation progress? Hope everything is going smoothly for you :)

My first OTP is on 6th Feb and mostly getting the key only in Early April.

Now I am lurking around the forum for contacts and ideas for the house. Hahahaha ~

Not posting on my topic recently as want to review everything all over again and not to forget the work that need to clear before CNY.

Met a few IDs previously and the pricing for doing the whole house cost abt 40+K which kind of really make me wonder if I should cut down on some renovation and etc.

Reason being Renovation + Full house furnishing will cost about 60K I think

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congrats iceage!! Time passes by so quickly!

Before you know it, the 24th will be here and your reno will be more or less completed!

Sorry for the excessive use of exclamation marks but I'm so happy for you.... because after this comes the exciting part of packing, moving and the endless rounds of cleaning! hahahahahhaha :thumbs up:

Before you know it, the 24th will be here and your reno will be more or less completed!

Sorry for the excessive use of exclamation marks but I'm so happy for you.... because after this comes the exciting part of packing, moving and the endless rounds of cleaning! hahahahahhaha :thumbs up:

wahahahaha ~ endless round of cleaning

Continue from previous post

Dining lights connected

gallery_57788_8_39555.jpg

Our fan is also up although we did not take a photo of it. The man was commenting how he dislike our fan and it made me :jawdrop: I asked him why???? He said he din like the "black eye" in the middle of the fan :rolleyes: I told him, too bad..you choose the fans yourself. too late for regrets 8| .

Tracklights up!!

gallery_57788_8_46578.jpg

gallery_57788_8_28982.jpg

We badgered the lady boss in Best Lights to provide LED bulbs for us for this track lights as we tested both non-LED and the LED bulbs and non-LEDS bulbs are really hot when turned on even for awhile.

2-way lights. I think this is essential as we wouldnt want to grope our way in the dark after turning off the lights when we turn in for the night.

However, I hope others can learn from our mistake. When our contractor first asked me which points to have 2-way lights, I made the decision without consulting my man. In the end, he pointed out an additional light next to the kitchen which made sense to me but did not occurred to me before. The moral of the story is, always discuss everything together before making any decision 8| Sorry honey!! :P

Luckily, it can be rectified by our electrician but no doubt, additional costs will be incurred :unsure:

Our master bedroom lights. Added 2 more lights here too above our bed's head. This also came in last minute as the man was suddenly struck by inspiration :dunno: and wanted to add 2 downlights. Reason? We always have the habit of readin before sleeping but there is no more space for bedside lamps next to our bed hence, he suggested 2 downlights with individual switch, so that if one person wish to read while the other sleeps, can just turn on the light on one side only. You get the picture? :notti:

He initially wanted 2-way too for one of the lights in the room because he wanted to stop being my voice remote control :bleah: (I think all husbands out there can attest to this) as I always asked him to switch off the lights before sleeping hahaahaha

But too late and wiring has already been done so cant be added. Hopefully the other home owners can learn from us here. Think through the points carefully before deciding.

gallery_57788_8_41335.jpg

Oh, can you guys see the "black eye" that the man dislike here? :notti: It did not matter to me so...oh well.. just gotta live with it..

the "black eye" didnt look too bad. to me, it is not obvious,

Hi Zihui,

You are back to RT!!! *waves!!

Yes, hahaha..actually can't wait to get started on the cleaning. Yes, sounds crazy right? But i am sure i will be humming happily as I cleaned as it is finally a dream come true for us!! Now just kept :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

Bathroom look pretty sleek and bright. No piping? Concealed?

Hi OceanEleven,

Yep for master bathroom we concealed the piping as it was not too bad. But for common bathroom, the piping is quite bad and we did not bother to concealed it as first, it costs money and second, in the event HDB wana upgrade the pipes or whatever, we will have to tear it down :jawdrop:

Oh well, most of the time, we will just be using the master bathroom so not too a problem for us :P

wahahahaha ~ endless round of cleaning

Hi Songz,

Oh yes, can't wait *rubbing hands in anticipation. In fact, super excited now as my contractor just sent me some pictures on the installation of cabinets. Now its hard to keep my butt glued to my cubicle seat as inside I am doing indian dance all rounds :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

Can't wait for office hours to be over and will rush down to my place to see the progress :jammin::jammin:

HAhaha

Hi Songz,

Oh yes, can't wait *rubbing hands in anticipation. In fact, super excited now as my contractor just sent me some pictures on the installation of cabinets. Now its hard to keep my butt glued to my cubicle seat as inside I am doing indian dance all rounds :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

Can't wait for office hours to be over and will rush down to my place to see the progress :jammin::jammin:

From the lighting pics can tell why you are so excited. Hahahaha

Hope to see more pictures of the house when you are free. Looking very nice and bright ^^

the "black eye" didnt look too bad. to me, it is not obvious,

Yeah I do not find it an eyesore either.. Oh well,.. I guess the man just wanted to pull me back from Earth as i was tooo busy drooling over my place hahahaha

HAhaha

From the lighting pics can tell why you are so excited. Hahahaha

Hope to see more pictures of the house when you are free. Looking very nice and bright ^^

Thank you thank you!!!:rolleyes: Now trying to multi task at work hahaha

My contractor sent me the updates of the pictures. Made me so excited at work and cant help but grinned widely like an idiot :dancingqueen:

8| come back to earth!!!:P

Off we go!!!

gallery_57788_7_86856.jpg

gallery_57788_7_114894.jpg

Arriving at our new home!!!

gallery_57788_7_135969.jpg

Installation in progress :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

gallery_57788_7_48439.jpg

gallery_57788_7_68657.jpggallery_57788_7_40031.jpg

Had a meeting with my electrician on Monday to go through all the points that we had, as adviced by inthechouse, an advice which i greatly appreciates. To all home owners out there, it is really good to go through with your electrician personally than having to go through your contractor in the event some of the points got lost or misunderstood.

I think my meeting with my electrician came a bit too late as he has already laid out the wiring but luckily some of it can still be added or amended. We have to share some of the blame ourselves as some of the items that we wanted surfaced after the wiring is done.

So, a good point to note will be, try to visualise how you are going to stay in the house and your living lifestyle and go through EVERY rooms in the house (i.e where do you charge your hp at night? Do you really need a tv point in your bedroom? Do you read before you sleep etc?) My problem is i spent about 70% of my brain cells on my kitchen, which is the place i spent most of my time anyway :P so i neglected other parts of my home, such as master and living room

Anyway, armed with a roll of masking tape (those we can write on top of) and marker pen, we went through the entire house again and the man wrote down all the things to be rectified/added/removed while I dutifully took notes on my hp. The man accidentally left a few marks on our freshly painted walls :furious: but luckily the painters will be coming over to our place to touch up again once the cabinets are up.

We ended up with 25 points/remarks for our electrician and contractor!!!:rofl: Can you imagine their expressions when they marched into our home full of masking tapes? I did not take a picture of it coz was embarrassed by it hahaha :sport-smiley-004:

Anyway, the electrician is pretty friendly and gave some practical advice as well on our wants/needs on the points. He did tell us that all the additional/rectification works can only be done on Thursday hence it is to our pleasant surprise to find it done up last night when my contractor visited our place to ensure everything is in place for the cabinet installation today. :dancingqueen:

I think maybe he was afraid he may forget our 25 points/remarks so faster do it lest getting our requests wrong again :P

Ok, less words and more pictures!

My balcony light!! Love the small house light

gallery_57788_8_11185.jpg

gallery_57788_8_430.jpg

Balcony lights turned on

gallery_57788_8_12257.jpg

Living walkway lights with plastered wall. Previously this wall was uneven and had asked my contractor to even it out. Much better now :lol:

gallery_57788_8_13387.jpg

Additional power points and tv point moved.

gallery_57788_8_2817.jpg

Good on you! :good: Maybe you may wanna mark out on a copy of your floor plan too? In case you yourself forget where the 25 points are. Heh. After a week, we almost forgot too. Coz there are/were just so many things to remember. This will come in handy when calculating your final bill. The masking tapes will come off at some stage.