Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iceage

Finally A Place To Call Our Home!

Good on you! :good: Maybe you may wanna mark out on a copy of your floor plan too? In case you yourself forget where the 25 points are. Heh. After a week, we almost forgot too. Coz there are/were just so many things to remember. This will come in handy when calculating your final bill. The masking tapes will come off at some stage.

Ah yes, thank you again for the tip. But there is a backup for me, coz as the man was writing on the masking tape, me being his PA was dutifully taking down notes on my hp which i whatsapp back to the man. That way both of us have the 25 points !!:rofl:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Zihui,

You are back to RT!!! *waves!!

Yes, hahaha..actually can't wait to get started on the cleaning. Yes, sounds crazy right? But i am sure i will be humming happily as I cleaned as it is finally a dream come true for us!! Now just kept :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

*waves back*

I pop in once in a while

loads of photos taken but no time to update yet... auditing period right now :help:

hahahah you're so cute!

I know exactly what you mean! I was humming happily and :dancingqueen::dancingqueen: as we were cleaning our new house for the first time.

Last weekend was our 1,536,082,2490th time cleaning our house. The happy humming has been replaced by silent cursing and the :dancingqueen: has been replaced by :curse:

:rofl:

Ah yes, thank you again for the tip. But there is a backup for me, coz as the man was writing on the masking tape, me being his PA was dutifully taking down notes on my hp which i whatsapp back to the man. That way both of us have the 25 points !!:rofl:

Woah very good. :good:

Last weekend was our 1,536,082,2490th time cleaning our house. The happy humming has been replaced by silent cursing and the :dancingqueen: has been replaced by :curse:

LOL, that's the price for staying in an EM. Been cleaning a 5rm and almost killed me. :help:

*waves back*

I pop in once in a while

loads of photos taken but no time to update yet... auditing period right now :help:

hahahah you're so cute!

I know exactly what you mean! I was humming happily and :dancingqueen::dancingqueen: as we were cleaning our new house for the first time.

:rofl:

LoL ~

I think everyone is quite the same as what Zihui just describe ~

The initial phase and after phase ...

Haha Zihui and Songz,

I am probably so lost in the initial phase that I could not appreciate what comes later.. :P But i do not think i will dislike cleaning as I think of it as a workout session for me :P

Loads of pictures to update!! :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

First up. Let's look at my beloved kitchen shall we??

This is my laundry area. I asked for this to be built and my contractor was giving me the puzzled look when I first brought this up to him. I learnt this from my mom who told me a laundry area is a must in the event we wana scrub some clothes. the pic below is showing the washing machine base and the boxed up pipes

gallery_57788_7_3222.jpg

When my contractor told me he will be fixing all my cupboard doors with soft close, I did not expect him to mean EVERY door. Even this boxed up pipes door is fitted with soft close! :thumbs up:

gallery_57788_7_30823.jpg

My dish rack! Love the grainy laminates!!

gallery_57788_7_23639.jpg

This is where my hood will be. I was quite surprised by this as I did not expect my contractor to literally box my hood up. But he told me he couldnt stand not boxing it up coz he finds it less desirable on the eyes :dunno:

Anyway, was pleasantly surprised to see him properly laminating the piece

gallery_57788_7_90224.jpg

My favourite unit in the kitchen!! My larder!!

gallery_57788_7_125572.jpg

My kitchen (island??) or whatever you term it. To me, its the closest thing i can get to an island..given the space that I have

gallery_57788_7_111070.jpg

Made a decision early in my renovation planning process that I would invest in blum drawers for my kitchen. I had bad experience in using shelves where experiences bad ache for trying to get my pan out from the inside of the lower cabinet, and my record in my entire life of breaking bowls came from this, I broke 6 BOWLS while opening my kitchen shelve door coz they were no stacked properly. So i told the man, I am investing in blum drawers. Proposal drawn and the paper was passed in the my family's parliament :bleah: So here they are!!

gallery_57788_7_17559.jpg

My kitchen sink

gallery_57788_7_2000.jpg

My contractor gave me live updates of the cabinets fixing in my place yesterday but was too busy to post them.

Can't believe he actually got his men to pose for the pics *roll eyes* :bleah:

Anyway, men at work!!

gallery_57788_7_57864.jpg

gallery_57788_7_8999.jpg

gallery_57788_7_71934.jpg

My study table!

gallery_57788_8_17221.jpg

Love the curvy side. I am a very clumsy person so have asked specifically not to have any square edges in my home designs especially in the bedroom and living area.

gallery_57788_8_6151.jpg

Kudos to my contractor for finding a similar wood laminate to match my laminated flooring. Loving the design of the seemingly continuous flow from my platform to my study

I brought an empty file to test the height of the cabinet because I have specifically told my contractor that my top shelves must be able to fit big files

Tried and tested!!

gallery_57788_8_39980.jpg

It really fits nicely.. anything higher than this will not be able to go in :good:

Next up...master bedroom!

Edited by iceage

Master bathroom sink

gallery_57788_8_57735.jpg

gallery_57788_8_4180.jpg

Now pending the doors, mirror and the top for my bathroom. Will give an update once my bathroom and kitchen tops are up!

Master wardrobe

gallery_57788_8_6470.jpg

This is the biggest size that we can afford given the limited space. Envy OceanEleven's 11 square feet (?) wardrobe.. Oh well, will just banish the lesser worn clothes to the other rooms since it will just be the 2 of us..

*Humming "Just the 2 of us" while I am typing this :bleah:

Close up of my wardrobe's laminates. Love the textured feel

gallery_57788_8_108221.jpg

gallery_57788_8_1316.jpg

Love how the drawers are fully extendable.

gallery_57788_8_64191.jpg

But found a tiny problem.. The doors will not be able to close if the keys are stuck at the key hole. Must remove them. Oh well, small price to pay for the workmanship.

Next up.. My roller blinds are up!!

Very nice tone of color for the wardrobe. :good:

My current parent house also have some wardrobe built last year, same with the key issue but not too big of a problem.

By the way the kitchen sink is from Teka and how big is it ??

Curtains and roller blinds

Both the man and I actually decided to hold back installing the curtains and blinds till a later date (after we have moved in) as we do not wish to burden ourselves financially but all of these change when we stepped into a curtain shop in jb

Was initially only planning to find out what the rough costs would be to get a curtain shop to install for us as we found that many of our friends paid above S$2k for their blinds and curtains. Of course the measurements, designs and materials differ between them but the average amount that they paid was S$2k

One fine weekend when we were shopping for our lights in JB, hubby saw this curtain shop and we made a U-turn to visit it

I was initially against it as we are running out of time and thought we wil just be wasting our time if we do not have the plans to install it first

First impression of the person serving us. She seemed quite the curt kind, giving short, to-the-point answers to our questions. However, she did give some good and practical suggestions, like the material that we choose.

Again, not knowing what our windows measurements are because it was not our planning at all, we just gave an "agak-ration" measurements of what our windows would be.

The price came out pretty ok for us (me think! :P ) and just decided to go ahead with it.

I have to say this is the fastest decision made by both us simultaneously and we finished choosing the materials in half and hour's time.

Arranged for a person to take measurement the following Tuesday and voila, 1 weeks later which was yesterday, they came and installed the roller blinds for us. The curtain for our living will have to come in after CNY, which we are fine with it given the short period that we have for the shop

So, here they are!! Opted for a simple ivory blackout blinds for all rooms to be in line with our theme. Simple and cosy

gallery_57788_8_29263.jpg

gallery_57788_8_2379.jpg

gallery_57788_8_15560.jpg

Had to turn on the lights to take this pic as it was too dark when the blinds are down :sport-smiley-004:

ok, thats about it for now. Time to work! 8|