Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iceage

Finally A Place To Call Our Home!

Curtains and roller blinds

Both the man and I actually decided to hold back installing the curtains and blinds till a later date (after we have moved in) as we do not wish to burden ourselves financially but all of these change when we stepped into a curtain shop in jb

Was initially only planning to find out what the rough costs would be to get a curtain shop to install for us as we found that many of our friends paid above S$2k for their blinds and curtains. Of course the measurements, designs and materials differ between them but the average amount that they paid was S$2k

One fine weekend when we were shopping for our lights in JB, hubby saw this curtain shop and we made a U-turn to visit it

I was initially against it as we are running out of time and thought we wil just be wasting our time if we do not have the plans to install it first

First impression of the person serving us. She seemed quite the curt kind, giving short, to-the-point answers to our questions. However, she did give some good and practical suggestions, like the material that we choose.

Again, not knowing what our windows measurements are because it was not our planning at all, we just gave an "agak-ration" measurements of what our windows would be.

The price came out pretty ok for us (me think! :P ) and just decided to go ahead with it.

I have to say this is the fastest decision made by both us simultaneously and we finished choosing the materials in half and hour's time.

Arranged for a person to take measurement the following Tuesday and voila, 1 weeks later which was yesterday, they came and installed the roller blinds for us. The curtain for our living will have to come in after CNY, which we are fine with it given the short period that we have for the shop

So, here they are!! Opted for a simple ivory blackout blinds for all rooms to be in line with our theme. Simple and cosy

gallery_57788_8_29263.jpg

gallery_57788_8_2379.jpg

gallery_57788_8_15560.jpg

Had to turn on the lights to take this pic as it was too dark when the blinds are down :sport-smiley-004:

ok, thats about it for now. Time to work! 8|

For the roller bind bottom tube part, its good to paste rubber at the back part (Wall part) as sometimes constant knocking will cause some paint to drop or the tubing spoil. This happen to the one in my room (My parents house of cause)

*Note : If you do not understand due to my poor explaination, let me know and I will go home and take picture to show you.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Songz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Very nice tone of color for the wardrobe. :good:

My current parent house also have some wardrobe built last year, same with the key issue but not too big of a problem.

By the way the kitchen sink is from Teka and how big is it ??

Hi Songz,

Thank you for your kind words!! :thumbs up:

The sink is from Teka and it comes with a colander and a matching chopping board.

Erm..on the size of the sink.. will need to check it out and let you know again :notti:

WOW your carpentry is super chio. Jealous!! ;) Especially your blum drawers, those are super nice. We couldn't afford the drawers themselves, so we're only getting blum tracks.

Your carpenter really did an amazing job. Well done. :lol:

WOW your carpentry is super chio. Jealous!! ;) Especially your blum drawers, those are super nice. We couldn't afford the drawers themselves, so we're only getting blum tracks.

Your carpenter really did an amazing job. Well done. :lol:

Sorry for the newbie question but blum drawers and blum trackes got what difference ? :dunno:

i like the way yr roller binds cover the entire windows with no gaps...total blackout!

Yap. Great for those who cannot sleep well with lights ( Me of cause ) Hahaha ~

Master wardrobe

This is the biggest size that we can afford given the limited space. Envy OceanEleven's 11 square feet (?) wardrobe.. Oh well, will just banish the lesser worn clothes to the other rooms since it will just be the 2 of us..

*Humming "Just the 2 of us" while I am typing this :bleah:

Close up of my wardrobe's laminates. Love the textured feel

Ahem.....its min 15ft.....not 11ft..... :notti:

Things are looking good and all pieces are falling in bit by bit. I think this is the most enjoyable part of the reno. :jammin:

Cool blue stool! Which shop did u get it from? Your contractor seems quite good to be giving u 3d drawings n also good design. Can share the contact too? Thanks!

Sorry for the newbie question but blum drawers and blum trackes got what difference ? :dunno:

Correct me if I am wrong, trackers are the side tracks where the drawers slide in and out on.

Blum drawers are really a drawer BUT excluding the front panel (where the handle is) and the bottom of the drawers.

These, you have to ask your carpenter to make.

Hi iceage, I am really new to reno, saw ur Reno pics, look good!! I suppose u r happy with the work so far?do u mind sharing the contact of your ID or contractor? Do they help with the dope signing as well?? We just purchased a resale 5rm flat that needs total overall... Need someone experienced to do the Reno job... Would greatly appreciate any help from your and all in this forum! Thanks a lot!

Hi Songz,

Thank you for your kind words!! :thumbs up:

The sink is from Teka and it comes with a colander and a matching chopping board.

Erm..on the size of the sink.. will need to check it out and let you know again :notti:

Hi Songz,

Sorry for the super late reply. Has been real busy with moving in and Chinese New Year so have not been logging in for the longest time. The sink dimensions are 800 x 500 (mm). It came with both a matching chopping board and colander and I am loving it!!!:good: Really practical for a heavy user like me. I will upload more photos next week

Happy Chinese New YEar!! ;)

Thanks for the reply.

So hows CNY in the new house ??

My key collection will be on 27th March and I still have not a single idea of things :help:

Cool blue stool! Which shop did u get it from? Your contractor seems quite good to be giving u 3d drawings n also good design. Can share the contact too? Thanks!

Hi Juxstapose,

You've got mail!! :notti: