Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
inthechouse

A Canvas To Our Imagination: Thoreau

First of all its good that you check all these things rather than finding out at later stages.

For the bifold door contractor, at least the sales person is polite, did not shift the blame and will send the contractor to rectify the problem which I think is most important.

For princeton water heater my friend have the same problem of pressure and in the end he purchase another brand heater to replace it and shift the princeton heater to the common toilet. Anyway try contact princeton sales and see if they can fix it first when they send someone down.

Lastly nice idea of boxing the wall and what a cute little robot device Alan have.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

First of all its good that you check all these things rather than finding out at later stages.

For the bifold door contractor, at least the sales person is polite, did not shift the blame and will send the contractor to rectify the problem which I think is most important.

For princeton water heater my friend have the same problem of pressure and in the end he purchase another brand heater to replace it and shift the princeton heater to the common toilet. Anyway try contact princeton sales and see if they can fix it first when they send someone down.

Lastly nice idea of boxing the wall and what a cute little robot device Alan have.

One only gets smarter about these things towards the end when everything is almost done! Haha. Oh well, it's a learning experience. Better still, life experience.

Yes, thank goodness for that door salesman. I shall feel better about paying the remaining $400 (50%). Praying that they do a better job for my MBR door coz it would be installed after I've moved in! Imagine the potential mess if they were to misfire again...

Yes, I intend to give 707 a call. Thanks!

Well for the boxing up, I would advise the homeowner to be present. Alan did not give specific instructions, so the workers were briefed and supervised entirely by me. Just saying that if they had gone ahead to box up and for some reason I didn't like it, it would delay my move-in date should I need them to redo it. So, bottomline: Always, always be on site to supervise if your contractor can't.

A photo of part of my cement screed wall that my independent sub-con had patched up yesterday. He also fixed the pipe holes which Alan's workers had stuffed with cement, resulting in 2 big black patches. He used a similar coloured plaster material, or "shi gao". All this took just 15 mins. And the best part is, my sub-con scraped off the protruding bit of wall bracket at the edge of the wall, and patched it nicely. For weeks, Alan did not have these fixed. Since I am moving in real soon, I just had to get someone else to do it.

photo1_zps53bb5396.jpg

Once it's dry, he will sand the patches down to a similar shade. Finally, he will apply a layer of sealant to my preference.

I think this guy knows what he's doing. He's given me a lot of advice and tips regarding all sorts of things in my flat. Wish I had met him earlier. He's a main contractor but he also does most of the manual work himself.

A photo of part of my cement screed wall that my independent sub-con had patched up yesterday. He also fixed the pipe holes which Alan's workers had stuffed with cement, resulting in 2 big black patches. He used a similar coloured plaster material, or "shi gao". All this took just 15 mins. And the best part is, my sub-con scraped off the protruding bit of wall bracket at the edge of the wall, and patched it nicely. For weeks, Alan did not have these fixed. Since I am moving in real soon, I just had to get someone else to do it.

photo1_zps53bb5396.jpg

Once it's dry, he will sand the patches down to a similar shade. Finally, he will apply a layer of sealant to my preference.

I think this guy knows what he's doing. He's given me a lot of advice and tips regarding all sorts of things in my flat. Wish I had met him earlier. He's a main contractor but he also does most of the manual work himself.

Did you get his contact just in case you have things you wish to do in future.

i thought the sliding Nyatoh door looks good.!

Yeah I guess. But we were really hoping for the "uneven surfaced" door. I think it's probably varnished by now (things happen at a rapid pace and often without me knowing) so I guess we'll keep it.

Did you get his contact just in case you have things you wish to do in future.

Yes, in fact I am planning to recommend him to my friend and colleagues, but not before his work for me is completed. Don't wanna anyhow recommend yet. Must be pleased with the results first. But so far, he's proven to be very prompt, knowledgeable and hands-on.

You know those atrium fairs that Mega Discount always holds in Kallang Leisure Park or United Square? If you're planning to buy a TV from there...

B E W A R E!

Whether or not your new place is ready, make sure you get it delivered asap. Have it sent to your parents' home or whatever, if need be. It is clear that they just keep selling, keep collecting deposits, and not honouring the deal when it's finally due for delivery, coz they've run out of stock.

You can expect a load of c**k and bull story from the manager/owner to make you think it's not a mistake/miscalculation on their part, and he may very well end off the conversation with "top up or refund lor!"

Do a Google search. I'm pretty sure mine's not an isolated case.

Middle-Finger-1_zps7e7d6053.jpg

Edited by inthechouse

You know those atrium fairs that Mega Discount always holds in Kallang Leisure Park or United Square? If you're planning to buy a TV from there...

B E W A R E!

You can expect a load of c**k and bull story from the manager/owner to make you think it's not a mistake/miscalculation on their part, and he may very well end off the conversation with "top up or refund lor!"

Do a Google search. I'm pretty sure mine's not an isolated case.

Cool bro, may be a blessing in disguise. Another IT fair coming, albeit held in MBS.... :fire:

StarHub's coming on Thursday so I need my TV set by then though. Oh well. See how.

Tomorrow's my one and only packing day. Followed by a long list of appointments onsite on Thursday. Then it's D-Day! :thumbs up:

Thanks, Songz. Think I'll just top up whatever is requested because I really don't have the time to source for another set or reschedule another SH appointment. There are lots of things which are still unpacked at my parents' place, and I've taken a lot of time off work these 2 months. :unsure::wacko:

As for your question on your blog about the ceiling fan without false ceiling, that's what we did too, and the ceiling light is some distance infront of it (closer to the TV). Not sure if there's shadow coz we've obviously yet to watch TV proper, but good that you thought about this, coz we didn't! :rofl:

Edited by inthechouse

If it never affect then its not really an issue I guess.

Mind taking a picture of the living room with the lights on (Fan in the picture too) when you are free.

Greatly appreciated.

Don't know leh, it may or may not. Won't know till Friday night. But I've got a (bad?) habit of watching TV in semi-darkness, so I've usually got a table lamp switched on and that's it. Will try and remember to update you here.

When's your reno commencing?

Yeah I guess. But we were really hoping for the "uneven surfaced" door. I think it's probably varnished by now (things happen at a rapid pace and often without me knowing) so I guess we'll keep it.

Yes, in fact I am planning to recommend him to my friend and colleagues, but not before his work for me is completed. Don't wanna anyhow recommend yet. Must be pleased with the results first. But so far, he's proven to be very prompt, knowledgeable and hands-on.

Hello!

Got finished pic of the patched cement wall?

I have one area in my bathroom where holes were wrongly drilled so patched up. Wondering how to get the shade/colour the same.

I am taking the house on 27th March (I am Kiasu and KiaSi pattern) :bleah:

The FSM will come my house to audit on 29th March, then I will ask the selected IDs to come and see the house and quote and redesign to work around the FSM instruction.

Till now I haven't even purchased a single thing and etc. (This time really Mati liao) :D:lol: