Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Laminate flooring is one of the most popular flooring choices around. It's easier to install than solid-wood hardwood floors and is much less expensive.Another option is tiles of various sizes, colors and textures to create a one-of-a-kind floor.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Homogeneous tiles - durable, not worried about water spoiling your flooring, comes in multitudes of design, marble look, wood look etc. Easy maintenance.

marble - looks great but maintenance is a hassle, will lose its gloss over time and easily stained. 

Laminate - looks good, feels like wood but will spoil if it gets soaked since its wood. might as well get vinyl.

Vinyl or resilient - an upgrade over laminate. will not spoil when soaked since its not made of wood. multiple designs, mostly wood grain or cement screed look. Easily maintained.

Solid hardwood - wonderful look and feel. but expensive to buy, expensive to maintain.

from what i found out..

Tiles-

1) homogeneous - durable and wide range of looks. easy to maintain and economical

2) granite slab flooring, typically costlier than homogeneous, but have more organic feel

3) marble, costly, unless can find cheap supplier. but still need to grind and polish. Very posh look though. There are some marble lookalike tiles that are homogeneous. can consider.

Overlay-

1) laminate flooring, cheap and economical but need to be careful with moisture, get reputable brand. can remove in the future easily. but most look artificial

2) Vinyl (HERF or similar) - an upgrade over laminate especially durability and vulnerability to water, but costlier. some brands have very realistic grain. i chose barryalloc from belgium.. but price was on the high side.

3) engineered hardwood - totally out of my budget, but from what the sales guy told me, it combines durability of engineered product with the aesthetics of natural hardwood, the samples were very tempting but too expensive. decided to spend more to do up my toilets.

Bare

1) can consider just concrete screed flooring if you can accept the industrial look. if not you can go for polished concrete floor, but fewer contractors in singapore do this as it requires higher level of skill and patience.

Hi, I did cement screed flooring for my kitchen floor. Can I ask if it's normal to have lots of crack lines? I understand the colour may differ depending on the skill of the contractor but found a lot of crack lines and wonder if it's supposed to be like this or because of poor workmanship.