Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
g0mug0mu

Scandi Home 4 Room Bto

Hi Everyone,

We have gotten our keys 1 month ago...

As the excitement fades due to the stress of finding a suitable ID; we are no where close to confirming one...

So far "designers"(not sure if they have design cert) we have talked to are:

1. Summit Design - C* - Highly Raved about online. Fast and competitive price with the quotation. Did not arranged for a meet up.
  2. D'Planner - J**** - Shows that she 'can-do' and got a final quotation. Some good design in their portfolio
  3. Three-d (3D) Conceptwerke - A***** - Have the best design sense. But expensive. Would have confirmed if only the price is within budget
  4. Linewerkz - Quote from the designer: "I am the best designer in the world" "Do you know what is to scale?!?". Have some design flair but we had to run away after the talk
  5. Meeting prozfile and Intradesign; maybe...

Cheap, fast, good; which 2 should I choose?

Anyone also have quotes from 3D conceptwerkes to share privately? HELP!!

Our case is unique; our parents are able to talk care of all the hacking, tiling, electrical and plumbling leaving less for the "designer" to do. Some ID we meet seem like they are doing US a favour by accomodating to our "Small" job but in fact, with the price they marked up more; they also earn almost as much for less work..... Understand the price; but the attitude....

NEXT UP: Ideas for our home!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks for anybody's attention ;) I have been stalking people's blog's for too long like theitsybit's Casa home etc

Less talk more pics... Here is some of my mood board... Enjoy~

Click on the image for higher res... Any better way to upload pics?

image(3)

image(2)

image(1)

Floor Plan

pster: ya after the sharing we had a good laugh over this even after a few days...

inthechouse: thanks for the recommendation; its a chore meeting just 2-3 ID's for me... Choosing the ID is like playing on the roulette... If you want to win; must bet on many numbers; if you bet on many numbers you be too tired at the end.... (not sure if anyone gets this :P)

Edited by g0mug0mu

Hi~ Welcome to renotalk~

Since you are considering Scandi and smaller scale reno why not try looking for contractor?

theitsybit's Casa home was a huge inspiration for my renovation thats why i went to look for Mr. K for my own renovation.

Most of Mr. K's work are more towards scandi too. :rolleyes:

The Sylvanian Families Toy Cabinet is taken from Takashimaya :P

The full height toy cabinet is from either D'Planner or Summit's webpage.

Forgot to mention, I am from Foliage too and we have the EXACT same layout. Can exchange ideas too!

Been following your blog too :)

Anyway, we were trying to just find a ''cheap" ID to do our carpentry as well as provide FREE 3d drawings etc. At least our out of this world ideas have some guarantee that it wont look bad.. Mr K I believe is similar to some of the ID's price?

Anyway was thing of getting some lights from Tao Bao; any sites you find good?

Less Talk, more Pictures; One good Idea from ID

BARNYARD DOOR

11174571834_3dc4ac7433.jpg

Our Ideas:

SUBWAY TILES

11175003543_571b06fd51.jpg

11174525754_3f3e8b3584.jpg

CRAFT ROOM

11174797786_efacd54fbd.jpg

Just a survey; how much do new first time HDB owners spend on things beside renovation? Jaw dropped when totaling ID price + own spending

I have calculated out to be ~24k(if I am generous) and ~17k(Neow on things).

The items are I included are:

Windows

Air Conditioner

Bathroom Fitting

Kitchen Appliances

Living Room Appliances

Bedroom Appliances

Kitchen Furniture

Living Room Furniture

Bedroom Furniture

The Sylvanian Families Toy Cabinet is taken from Takashimaya :P

The full height toy cabinet is from either D'Planner or Summit's webpage.

Forgot to mention, I am from Foliage too and we have the EXACT same layout. Can exchange ideas too!

Been following your blog too :)

Anyway, we were trying to just find a ''cheap" ID to do our carpentry as well as provide FREE 3d drawings etc. At least our out of this world ideas have some guarantee that it wont look bad.. Mr K I believe is similar to some of the ID's price?

Anyway was thing of getting some lights from Tao Bao; any sites you find good?

Less Talk, more Pictures; One good Idea from ID

BARNYARD DOOR

11174571834_3dc4ac7433.jpg

Our Ideas:

SUBWAY TILES

11175003543_571b06fd51.jpg

11174525754_3f3e8b3584.jpg

CRAFT ROOM

11174797786_efacd54fbd.jpg

Hi! Your ID is able to do barnyard door? I want this for my new house too but my ID not sure how to do it :(

Hi! Your ID is able to do barnyard door? I want this for my new house too but my ID not sure how to do it :(

Hi,

az

My ID can do.. Not without a price, 3k+... Can import from US thou but about 2.1k for 1.5m door and 3m track!

Hope all the fernvale foilage peeps are doing well :)

Still undecided on contractor vs expensive designer..

Designer

1. ~5.5K(to designer for 3D and project management) / ~4K(more expensive cabinetry though more range/solid plywood)
  2. Can understand our concept (to a certain extend) and do 'weird' task. Barn doors, overhang aluminium top kitchen frames, kitchen 'island' design (12square meters), foyer/living area concept

Contractor

1. Cheaper
  2. Nobody can claim credit for our pretty home :)

My reno costs around 40K. Fixtures and furniture could very well bust 10K - this is provided I do not buy "super branded" items.

Thanks. Its hitting 50k for me now and our parent help with tiles installation and hacking, painting ourselves etc...

Hi,

az

My ID can do.. Not without a price, 3k+... Can import from US thou but about 2.1k for 1.5m door and 3m track!

Designer

1. ~5.5K(to designer for 3D and project management) / ~4K(more expensive cabinetry though more range/solid plywood)
  2. Can understand our concept (to a certain extend) and do 'weird' task. Barn doors, overhang aluminium top kitchen frames, kitchen 'island' design (12square meters), foyer/living area concept

Contractor

1. Cheaper

Thanks. Its hitting 50k for me now and our parent help with tiles installation and hacking, painting ourselves etc...

3k! Holy...that is expensive for a door!

Hi,

az

Designer

Contractor

1. Cheaper

It's crazy how the prices have gone up from a year ago. I know because a friend of mine did her reno just then. She did more than me but paid less - with the same contractor. Anyway, it's always good to have some help. :good: Wish we could DIY painting too, but CMI.