Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
g0mug0mu

Scandi Home 4 Room Bto

11911846073_e1fea8f2c4.jpg

Original theme is Scandinavian but its more like scandi with a blue touch, grey out wooden planks, white walls, light blue SMEG, wooden TV console...

Yes, SMEG is in the living room/dining area, kitchen too small..

11911458415_85995194a4.jpg

11911458855_843df10a37.jpg

11911915594_3483116423.jpg

11911459835_23d0db005d.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

loving the inspiring colors. i'm also inclined towards blue and grey....although i started out wanting tiffany blue or turquoise :)

good luck choosing an ID and update us soon!

loving the inspiring colors. i'm also inclined towards blue and grey....although i started out wanting tiffany blue or turquoise :)

good luck choosing an ID and update us soon!

Haha, we have similar taste. Your house sure very nice :)

16 Contractor/Designer; 8 quotes and 3months later:

Okay, we almost have finalized the quote with our favourite; our imaginary pen is on the dotted line already;

First 3 meet-ups/phone-up

Quote was: "Cabinetry configurations will come in later after we confirmed on the space planning"

"configurations will come in later at the design stage"

"We can throw in xxx and *** but depending on the design"

Was not too concern as I have trust and still initial stage; we think that quote is purposely vague to leave themselves some creative freedom to play with ideas without too much concern for add-ons.

We wanted to reduce price by $xxxx (Less than 10%) as it will be out of our budget and no need consider.

(You can read from previous that we are happy with them)

Next 3 meet-ups/phone-up

Thankfully they managed to get a middle ground(reduce price for some areas) and proceed for site visit --> hopefully confirm

All okay; Sorry, but carpenter increase price need to top-up for the previous discussed cabinetry combinations.

Okay, I accept since give discount in other areas. (Its like taking people give you $10 and taking $5 back, still got $5, I happy)

Raising some alarm bells, we decided that quote need to specific in case carpenter increase price etc that they can match the price with the simplest of configurations

Can you specify any limitations in the quote?

1) Amount of drawers (need to top-up as more work for the carpenter)

2) Mount two drawers together to form low height pull out pantry (help us to check for top up)

3) Pull out table top mechanism (need to check how much to top up for special mechanism)

Maybe because we ask for too much discount? Maybe other affluent customers or less detailed are less concern and the cabinetry configurations ended up have no top up?

Previously, I had the idea that the high price is because I thought that they can have the creative freedom. I thought the competitors could not match their materials, quality and flexibility as their price was much higher.

Conclusion, now that we are back to neutral from being highly in favor towards the chosen one (boo-ing other competitors that they cannot provide their quality and flexibility)

My non-negotiable terms:

1) Flexibility of kitchen carpentry

2) Specify quotes (like the amount of glass for a "laminate and glass" finish)

3) Suggestion on solutions of the inaccessible areas for the proposed design

4) Free or nominal top-up for internal coloured PVC (not laminate)

(I don't want to worry about number of drawers/glass when they design carpentry! Not for this 'high end' studio) Of course, most likely we don't need so much drawers or glass door. As they have said usually their customer can accept and don't need. Which is true but now I feel like they want to take back the other $5 they gave me (this may not be true, just my feeling).

*fingers cross and hoping for the best if our issues still can be resolved.

Backup Plan

Do everything by myself + family;

Wasted enough time just to rectify 1 quote.

Anyone know which t-blog using direct carpenter and manage without contractor/ID? Maybe I should start drawing my own carpentry and get them to quote right after CNY.

Edited by g0mug0mu

Hey, dont get too worked up on choosing ID. Im sure this is the most stressful and confusing part.

Cant wait to see your excel sheet esp the price per feet. I keep mine but several items are missing.

heyy g0mug0mu, its so fustrating, isn't it... i'm also quite stuck for months looking for a contractor / ID.... sigh... finally signed with K, and other hiccups came along... when is the renovation going to start? i collected keys in mid-Nov.. and now it's already mid-Feb, and my reno hasn't kicked off yet.... :dunno:

jia you to all of us!!!

Thanks for the encouragement eno and hojichalatte! Appreciate it.

I have signed with the ID no 7 from the 7 Jan post :)

The whole drawers fiasco took us 2 months! We are absorbing the cost :( 5months to finish signing with the ID but the up side it's that we are no longer kan cheong and just want to take it slow and do everything swee swee.

For quote request, I decided to not post out my quote publicly at this moment. What I will do is, you can PM me your quote and we could highlight anything unreasonable/negotiable :)

Been MIA all these while as I had no constructive things to post. We have went for 1st round of tile selection to see ID recommendations and if we are okay with it.

We are using our own tiler so it's again kinda complicated.

Short listed to vinyl for MBR + living and cement tiles for kitchen + dining.

:)

Hi g0mug0mu,

Would you be able to share the quote privately? I am just starting to look around for IDs and saw work from id #7 and interested to know costing as a very prelim gauge. Can you email me at lltan72@gmail.com? Thanks and much appreciated.

Hi g0mug0mu,

Would you be able to share the quote privately? I am just starting to look around for IDs and saw work from id #7 and interested to know costing as a very prelim gauge. Can you email me at lltan72@gmail.com? Thanks and much appreciated.

Emailed sent. But do note as an indicative price only. Not considering workmanship, negotiation etc etc :)

Sharing of the day... All the "Dining Room Items". Doing something bold here. Diving up the micro living room into "dining area" and "Living area" via the barndoor...

Firstly dining area concept pics;

Barn door should be using Rima Ramshackle laminate: Hopefully close to the below?

13451410194_cedcc30848.jpg

Raw wood finished dining table with cabinet

13451409904_9e6b9a4717_n.jpg

Paint (Ash Grey)

13451038525_1768df2175_t.jpg

Cement Tiles (Snowflke tiles)

13451409824_591523ba61.jpg

Our theme is not so scandi anymore. Its kind of eclectic mix(good or bad?). I am worried but excited... 3D hopefully next week!

Ridiculous kitchen layout next post!

Hey I like what I see! The interesting choice of barn door laminate, raw wood and the beautiful tile design. Will stay peeled to your thread!

Hi g0mug0mu, can you please email me your quote from 3D Conceptwerke for reference? Collecting my keys soon and I've shortlisted them as well. Thanks!! :)

simplyshannie@yahoo.com

Hi g0mug0mu!

May I know where you got/ are getting the barn door from and how much does it cost?

My ID said it is very expensive and advised us against it but I LOVE how it looks!

Pretty mood boards!:)

Hi g0mug0mu, can you please email me your quote from 3D Conceptwerke for reference? Collecting my keys soon and I've shortlisted them as well. Thanks!! :)

simplyshannie@yahoo.com

Do PM me! I'm not sure if I did sent you anything..

Hi g0mug0mu!

May I know where you got/ are getting the barn door from and how much does it cost?

My ID said it is very expensive and advised us against it but I LOVE how it looks!

Pretty mood boards! :)

Its ~3k for a 5-6ft door (1.6m) Door is about 2.4k and tracks is ~900... Very Ex Yes...

Anyway sharing 2 of my 3D drawings. Its disappointing but considering its a rush job(1week+), we can still accept BUT must amend.

Anyway, all things on hold until we are confident to proceed :) Believe rest of the works will be fast and planning TAKES TIME! Arrgggg...

13913288405_ac45be512e.jpg

Hahaha.. Tiles and cabinetry seems to clash... ID very keen to do something different :wacko: We like both the tile and the cabinet but the combination seems to clash..

Note:

• 2 ugly pipes on the right wall (and the left)
  • Washing machine will be on the wall on the right too!
  • All the applicance (except hood and tap) is wrong
  • Gray lines suppose to represent capentry detailing?
  • ID wanted buttons to be black
I have sent them a spreadsheet on the appliance we might buy and ID say can put in to make the 3D accurate... But I guess 'Can' and 'will' is very different?

13890174556_212f591db5.jpg

• Barnyard Door should be double the length! Its like a feature wall/divider.. (might as well make the best use of it since it cost a bomb right?
  • Table tone too dark
  • Lights positioning is wrong
  • Businessy chair and painting... (not our style)
Anyway, by now I am sure renotalkers surely can spot the WERID layout right? Hahaha 60%ID idea's and 40% ours..

Please dont :fire: me! Took us 2-3months to go thru the PROs and CONs.. :P

My Pics are uploaded with Flickr. Instructions:

1. Set up account and upload pics (aka facebook)

2. After upload complete, click on the picture

3. Click on the "reply" shaped button. 3rd button above the "çomments" box

4. Click on the "pin" shaped button. ;)

5. Copy and Paste the URL on renotalk

URL should look something like .....url=https://flic.kr/p/naqLYd]%7Boption%7Dhttps://farm8.staticflickr.com/7204/13890.......

Anything on price request PM me. I check other people's blog regularly but not mine :P

Edited by g0mug0mu