Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
g0mug0mu

Scandi Home 4 Room Bto

Hey thanks for the chemistry lesson 👍 not too worried on the corrosion cos we have other problems. Our dogs use the bathroom floor for their business and they also stain the tiles 😁

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey thanks for the chemistry lesson not too worried on the corrosion cos we have other problems. Our dogs use the bathroom floor for their business and they also stain the tiles

Wow.. Thanks kew for taking time to upload the pic too! Really worried about my tiles now.

Finally my Reno started moving!! *claps.

Here is the cause of another 4weeks delay :)

15420932605_3026cf6f0d.jpg

• Like 1

The king bed is going to take over that space. It's a 'feature' wall in the MBR wifey requested. The remaining walls are space grey.

Good color selection by ID and luckily the "4week delay vinyl" matches well.

Bedroom 3 vinyl: eclectic room aka "just throw in all the ideas we like and don't care if it matches" room

This vinyl looks the best in the Hafary showroom but turns out opposite among the three

15420933275_99f40c7474.jpg

The vinyl that looks not the most bland vs the other 2 in the showroom? Turns out great :)

Fits the "Scandinavia" theme well. Scandinavia theme is in quotes now because so much as changed from the design brief!!!

15417757471_8a77db6fe7.jpg

• Like 1

House is almost done now..

Lets talk about carpentry..

:)

Making snail's progress but its moving along week by week...

Display Cabinet before install doors and glass... Pretty handsome without doors as some sections "pops out".. No more poping out after finish..

ID chose laminate that is matching the flooring... Wondering if it is a coincidence :)

14949732953_e2c1757086_b.jpg

Sleeping area door connecting wardrobe room

14949164234_aebf01715e_z.jpg

Wardrobe carcass. Its double thickness for the frame which is good if want to put luggages on top.

15384275100_7bb5a66754.jpg

Full Length Wardrobe

Concealed mirror with concealed storage behind the mirror

15569911335_83e40c4c2e_z.jpg

• Like 1

love love love your wardrobe! whats the price difference if you opt for colored laminates inside vs. white one? i really like colored ones like yours. it looks more "complete" somehow.

love love love your wardrobe! whats the price difference if you opt for colored laminates inside vs. white one? i really like colored ones like yours. it looks more "complete" somehow.

Hi Matchalatte, thanks for the compliments!! Your nick related to hojichalatte? Haha.

It's colored PVC not colored laminates. Here is the difference:

Colored PVC

Only a few colours to choose from. Most will be wood grain.

The premium IDs in my first few posts usually include in their quote.

Usually they will use colored for your wardrobe and display but white for kitchen.

More durable than laminates(I don't believe but One of the ID even claim theirs is scratch proof)

I have ask several ID and they usually charge upwards $20 per foot run to change from white to coloured (discounted)

Laminates

Full range of colours.

Expensive!

Some Laminates are 3mm thick so they show more at the trimmings.

Colored PVC immediately up the "quality" of the wardrobe but its just optical illusion.

Edited by g0mug0mu

Oh, my contractor said that the aircon pipe has to be drained into the drainage hole. Otherwise, years of direct draining onto the floor may cause the downstairs unit to have mould on the ceiling as the water is cold. This is an important note for EM owners who have upstairs and downstairs toilets.

Woah your bathroom flooring is really cool! We don't dare to really scrub or use strong cleaning agent on these tiles... Their colours will fade with the wash. One way or another, the colours will fade with time, giving it an aged look.

Also our Aircon pipe where water comes out from is located directly above one of these tiles. After 1 year of using our Aircon, that particular tile has turned yellowish :(
14822220839_561b9d6eb9.jpg
Bathroom tiles after one year of stay by Makanology, on Flickr

Edited by Harriette

Woah your bathroom flooring is really cool! We don't dare to really scrub or use strong cleaning agent on these tiles... Their colours will fade with the wash. One way or another, the colours will fade with time, giving it an aged look.

Also our Aircon pipe where water comes out from is located directly above one of these tiles. After 1 year of using our Aircon, that particular tile has turned yellowish :(14822220839_561b9d6eb9.jpgBathroom tiles after one year of stay by Makanology, on Flickr

Hdb just issued a circular stating that the aircon pipes should be directed to the drainage directly. Alternatively, just place a pail to collect the water. Else the water might seep to the toilet below n you have to pay for the damages.

http://diva79.blogspot.sg/2014/10/there-have-been-some-new-changes-been.html

The solution to porous tiles is to apply sealant but it's not permanent.. And will wear out. Need to reapply every year...but clear sealant will also yellow with age..so I would usually recommend to use darker tiles.

Why don't you do up the whole house's infrastructure first before choosing your furniture so that you will know exactly which fits what, and what is nice or not and not turn the whole hse rojak because there is a tendency of wanting different things at different times based on different moods, and 9 of 10, these things clash.

thanks so much for the insight! i didn't even know there's such thing as colored PVC. i'm so noob. but i think PVC is good enough if its woodgrain, no need so many colors lol. i really like yours. my BTO will only be ready next year, there's so much to learn. love your kitchen as well. very bold colors yet it looks soothing! did you opt for ID or contractor? the workmanship looks really nice.

p/s : not related to hojichalatte, i guess we both love lattes thats why haha.

Edited by matchalatte

Why don't you do up the whole house's infrastructure first before choosing your furniture so that you will know exactly which fits what, and what is nice or not and not turn the whole hse rojak because there is a tendency of wanting different things at different times based on different moods, and 9 of 10, these things clash.

Haha you have ID to recommend that help?

I have only a TV console, sofa, craft cabinet and chairs to buy. If it clashes I will just go and return it :)

IDEA for other forumers; Sort of in a low point due to the snail's pace of my home, went to Ikea and brought many things. I kept 7 out 10 items just to bring home and match things around.

Speaking of Rojak; Its called I'klektic. My house its not scandi theme anyway. Its a combination of what me and my wife like.

Hdb just issued a circular stating that the aircon pipes should be directed to the drainage directly. Alternatively, just place a pail to collect the water. Else the water might seep to the toilet below n you have to pay for the damages.

http://diva79.blogspot.sg/2014/10/there-have-been-some-new-changes-been.html

The solution to porous tiles is to apply sealant but it's not permanent.. And will wear out. Need to reapply every year...but clear sealant will also yellow with age..so I would usually recommend to use darker tiles.

Haha the circular is from Oct 2014 so maybe not apply to Makanology.. Haha.. Anyway, the water proofing from the toilet should help the water seepage (but not the coldness of the water)...

Bad News! Cleaner just acid wash my bathroom cement tiles. Colours faded and water proofing gone.

ID and manager came down to see. Anyway, they are responsible enough to patch everything up. Either it can be sand down if the acid not eat too much into the tile or need to hack and re-do (my reno started in April/May!)

Times like these I am glad the ID is reputable. But also should not happen in the first place.

Hi Diva79! I have been reading your blog for tips! Welcome back to the forum :)

Edited by g0mug0mu

thanks so much for the insight! i didn't even know there's such thing as colored PVC. i'm so noob. but i think PVC is good enough if its woodgrain, no need so many colors lol. i really like yours. my BTO will only be ready next year, there's so much to learn. love your kitchen as well. very bold colors yet it looks soothing! did you opt for ID or contractor? the workmanship looks really nice.

p/s : not related to hojichalatte, i guess we both love lattes thats why haha.

Haha, .

My kitchen either you like it or hate it. My ID choose ''POP'' colours and hates woodgrain laminates for some reason.

"Huh! Woodgrain will confirm be nice but everybody is doing it" (I was like that is why everybody is doing it . In my head. Haha)

I opt for ID. Their best people is their carpentry. (the other door people/metal people/illustrator is not as skilled but does the job)

My advise:

We found that they are good BEFORE signing up with them.

Insisted on going for a site visit for all the shortlisted IDs. So it did not happen by chance. Can see immediately the workmanship of the ID carpentry comparing the site visits.

Our parents are from this industry.

Internally, good tilers = expensive, cheaper and good tilers = queue for more than 2 months if they have time.

Same goes for painting and carpentry. Choose a quality that match your budget and standard.