Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
saintinity

5-Room Near The Reservoir

haha probably because our design is really simple. care to share your ID's designs?

Search for Custombox in FB.

His wife has a t-blog here too.. Her nick is MsChocobanana. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

As for the kitchen it is also a major overhaul. We are not going to do new wall tiles and opt for cement screed + plastering, since the whole length of one wall is already full height cabinet. The contractor advised we can just do cement screed and plaster to save costs of new wall tiles. Any one also did the same for their kitchen? Any issues with this in the long run?

If u cook often, get tiles. Especially if u do chinese cooking. Contractor doesn't need to stay in the house, of course can recommend anything.

Search for Custombox in FB.

His wife has a t-blog here too.. Her nick is MsChocobanana. :)

Just went to peek at the facebook photos. You are right! One of the projects looks really similar to mine and I was thinking if the full height feature wall/storage will turn out nice in real life, and their photos look really good! I like how they camouflage storage spaces, it is what I really hope to go for as well. Looks like you've got a good ID! Good luck on your renos!

If u cook often, get tiles. Especially if u do chinese cooking. Contractor doesn't need to stay in the house, of course can recommend anything.

My family's a really light cooker, I guess it should be ok? haha

Hi saintinity, I am also doing cement screed and plaster for my kitchen wall (the side without carpentry). Hope it goes well too. Will await your updates!

Just went to peek at the facebook photos. You are right! One of the projects looks really similar to mine and I was thinking if the full height feature wall/storage will turn out nice in real life, and their photos look really good! I like how they camouflage storage spaces, it is what I really hope to go for as well. Looks like you've got a good ID! Good luck on your renos!

Hey tks! Gd luck on ur reno too!

I will be putting up wall tiles only on the wall near the cooking area.. The other walls will be cement screed.

Hi saintinity and getzski,

I'm a new addition to your neighborhood! I recently bought my bachelorette pad in the same bluster but a bit farther down facing the PIE and Kembangan condos.

I really love your plan of your flats. I'm a newbie to renovation. Would need all the help and ideas I can get! My flat is pretty similar to yours, including the double access doors!

Hi saintinity and getzski,

I'm a new addition to your neighborhood! I recently bought my bachelorette pad in the same bluster but a bit farther down facing the PIE and Kembangan condos.

I really love your plan of your flats. I'm a newbie to renovation. Would need all the help and ideas I can get! My flat is pretty similar to yours, including the double access doors!

Hi cookie0511,

Hello....nice....another neighbor. i assume your lift upgrading is completed, and hence the double access doors. i'm not so lucky though. HDB will build a bridge to connect the lift opening to my preexisting door, and they will "wall up" my excess area which is currently being fenced. Saintinity will get a new door at the balcony though. Holler if you need any help k ....

Hi cookie0511,

Hello....nice....another neighbor. i assume your lift upgrading is completed, and hence the double access doors. i'm not so lucky though. HDB will build a bridge to connect the lift opening to my preexisting door, and they will "wall up" my excess area which is currently being fenced. Saintinity will get a new door at the balcony though. Holler if you need any help k ....

Hi getzski

What do you mean by HDB will build a bridge to connect the lift opening? How does that work?

BTW, my kitchen has extra side windows, just like yours too! Thinking of putting a storage place there, what do you think? Otherwise that wall and windows going to look so bare!

Hi getzski

What do you mean by HDB will build a bridge to connect the lift opening? How does that work?

BTW, my kitchen has extra side windows, just like yours too! Thinking of putting a storage place there, what do you think? Otherwise that wall and windows going to look so bare!

Hi Cookie0511!

Welcome to the neighbourhood (although technically I have not shift in yet lol)! I really love the small windows we have at the kitchen, makes it more airy. Initially we wanted to have a cabinet there with a sink so that we can have a view while washing dishes. The cabinet was also to house our washing machine. But this plan was scratched because of my FSM.

The year is coming to a close and we've all been too busy wrapping up the year!

Here are some progress photos of the works so far. I must say I'm really glad I chose this contractor to work with, no major hiccups at all and works have been fast+good. In a span of one month we're done with all the messy works.

progress1_zpsc2c13bd4.jpg

I must sing praises on the plastering work. It's baby's skin smooth! As my previous walls were stone-wash (rough and bumpy surface that was popular last time), I have to plaster every surface, not even sparing the ceiling. Do note to double check your contractor uses sealant or soon your paint will start peeling like sunburnt skin. The previous paint the ex-owners used were super easy to peel and they come out in chunks. My contractor have to chuck off as much off those paint as possible or my wall will start peeling too.

peeling-paint_zps6b6cd9e1.jpg

This week, we are settling the electrical, piping and aircon works. City gas have also run their pipes.

I have ordered most of my lightings too and they should be delivered by end of this month. hopefully the holidays won't delay my order.

After this, we need to talk about carpentry - what I'm really looking forward to!

Hi getzski

hi cookie0511,

the current layout is an open airwell between 1 - 5 floor(lift shaft --> airwell --> staircase landing) . when the new lift system is in place, they will build a new bridge to connect to existing staircase landing.

ya...i love the side windows so much. my dryer and airfryer is placed by that windows, and the heat and smell generated has an outlet to disperse. the small windows also has a roof by itself, so it can be left open even in thunderstorm.

The year is coming to a close and we've all been too busy wrapping up the year!

Here are some progress photos of the works so far. I must say I'm really glad I chose this contractor to work with, no major hiccups at all and works have been fast+good. In a span of one month we're done with all the messy works.

progress1_zpsc2c13bd4.jpg

I must sing praises on the plastering work. It's baby's skin smooth! As my previous walls were stone-wash (rough and bumpy surface that was popular last time), I have to plaster every surface, not even sparing the ceiling. Do note to double check your contractor uses sealant or soon your paint will start peeling like sunburnt skin. The previous paint the ex-owners used were super easy to peel and they come out in chunks. My contractor have to chuck off as much off those paint as possible or my wall will start peeling too.

peeling-paint_zps6b6cd9e1.jpg

This week, we are settling the electrical, piping and aircon works. City gas have also run their pipes.

I have ordered most of my lightings too and they should be delivered by end of this month. hopefully the holidays won't delay my order.

After this, we need to talk about carpentry - what I'm really looking forward to!

nice progress......is the contractor able to handover by CNY?

nice progress......is the contractor able to handover by CNY?

I told the contractor we are in no rush, as we only intend to move in my end Feb. Didn't want to rush them and compromise workmanship. Though he did mention that we can probably have in before CNY.

hi cookie0511,

the current layout is an open airwell between 1 - 5 floor(lift shaft --> airwell --> staircase landing) . when the new lift system is in place, they will build a new bridge to connect to existing staircase landing.

ya...i love the side windows so much. my dryer and airfryer is placed by that windows, and the heat and smell generated has an outlet to disperse. the small windows also has a roof by itself, so it can be left open even in thunderstorm.

Oh good idea! Maybe I should also do the same. Or else put a sink but the current owner already has a sink above the rubbish chute so if I move the sink I have to find something else to cover the rubbish chute.