Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
saintinity

5-Room Near The Reservoir

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

TVfeaturewall-Final_zps8ae9d208.jpg

I was wondering why the vertical panels on the top left side not aligned with the bottom TV console panels for a more symmetrical look. How deep are these storage cabinets? I am going to reno something like this to keep my "trashures" but planned to leave a gap between the top and ceiling, then put LED strip for another row of cove lighting.

• Like 1

TVfeaturewall-Final_zps8ae9d208.jpg

I was wondering why the vertical panels on the top left side not aligned with the bottom TV console panels for a more symmetrical look. How deep are these storage cabinets? I am going to reno something like this to keep my "trashures" but planned to leave a gap between the top and ceiling, then put LED strip for another row of cove lighting.

Oh that's because this wall storage spreads out from the living to the dining area. The dining area is at the left and the right will be where our sofa will be. The depth is about 1ft. I wanted a deeper storage but my carpenter said it'll look too bulky since it's so long, he's right though. The cove lighting sounds like a good idea! The only problem we have with cove lights are the dust that will accumulate over time and no one's gonna clean the inset especially it's so high up. But I guess if we don't peek into it we probably won't be too bothered - out of sight out of mind haha

Before the carpentry came in, our Suar wood table and benches from Bali arrived! But not after 2-3 weeks of lead time, they had to polish, laquer, crate, ship to Surabaya then to Singapore. The custom clearance amount was a lot more than I expected :/ 3 crates worth 300KG! Really pity the poor logistics guys carrying the crates 2 stairs down.

shipment_zps7fc5b672.jpg

Before uncrating

suarwoodtable_zps620a64c4.jpg

and here it is after uncrating! there are 2 other benches not in picture.

The guys accidentally drop the crate and their tools during the uncrating and chipped my tiles a bit :( no choice, just have to close one eye. Still worth it though, love our dining set!

Just an interesting share, the craftsmen at the Suar wood workshop gave a quick share on caring and maintaining real wood furniture. We cannot lacquer every inch of the wood, because the wood will be "trapped" and cannot breathe. Not being able to breathe will result them to bloat and rot as time goes. That is why our wooden doors are usually not painted/lacquered at the top, just so wood can breath!

Hi may i know how much it cost you for the lovely Suar Table and what is the dimension? Simply lovely

So finally been waiting for the day for the carpentry to move in!

carpentrymovein_zps5b0858af.jpg

Below photos are our TV console/feature wall/storage at work. 16ft long for lots of storage for the family of hoarders. We chose a really light wood grain laminate so as to keep the space light and airy. Figure if we chose a dark wood laminate, the space will look tiny and intimidating. We also asked to add groove lines so as to add a little bit of design detail. Also spec for each door to be approximately 800mmW, bigger than usual, so that we can have as little joint lines as possible.

tvconsole1_zpsdaabba2d.jpg

tvconsole2_zps0bdd25e6.jpg

Really happy with the workmanship too! Just a little misalignment on the doors and the shelves are supposed to be adjustable track but I guess we can always add them later.

Hello!

Nice dining lights! Can i just check are they considered as 3 seperate lighting points?

Hello!

Nice dining lights! Can i just check are they considered as 3 seperate lighting points?

Hello! Nope they are considered 1 lighting point, because they are connected by the same switch. The wires are connected together and concealed under the false ceiling :)

Congrats! For all the gabras that happened between Alan and some clients, I must say he does work very fast.

Yea he is. I read some of the feedbacks about him recently, glad I didn't have problems with him. Congrats on the completion of your renovation too! Moving and unpacking is so tiring!

Hi may i know how much it cost you for the lovely Suar Table and what is the dimension? Simply lovely

The table + bench + shipping is approximately 1000USD. But there were some issues at the customs here so the shipment got delayed, which means additional cost for warehousing. All the miscellaneous fees like gst, permit fee, clearance fee, doorstep delivery fee, uncrating etc etc was about another S$800. Didn't know about all these hidden costs :( Anyway we saw a similar table in SG it still costs about $4k, so I guess we still got it at a rather ok price.