Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

I am thinking of installing a wind ventilator (air turbine) on the rooftop of my attic. Cos during the hot season it can get pretty hot in this room. Standing fans don't really help to remove the hot air from the room either.

I have seen some landed houses (Serangoon Gardens) installed them on the rooftop and they look pretty nice. And I have heard from friends that they are really effective in removing the hot air from the room.

Can someone please let me know who are the reliable contractors for this job and what are the prices I should be expecting from them?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am thinking of installing a wind ventilator (air turbine) on the rooftop of my attic. Cos during the hot season it can get pretty hot in this room. Standing fans don't really help to remove the hot air from the room either.

I have seen some landed houses (Serangoon Gardens) installed them on the rooftop and they look pretty nice. And I have heard from friends that they are really effective in removing the hot air from the room.

Can someone please let me know who are the reliable contractors for this job and what are the prices I should be expecting from them?

you can add an dormer window or jack roof on your roof to let the hot hair esacpe, for more better ventilation install exhaust fan at the window on jack roof or dormer window all the hot air will draw out of your house.

I don't know any contractor who can do this but my colleague told me he installed one of these in the 1990s and that it reduces his electricity bill for air-con by about 3-5%.

The idea of a dormer window is a good one. What I am doing is to put a dormer in the middle + 2 sets of full height windows at both end of the attic. Based on the wind direction, I expect the warm air to be pushed out the back of the attic. The dormer faces into the general wind direction and although there is a semi-d nearby, the dormer window is slightly higher than the neighbour's roof.

The other important things is to ensure the roof insulation is laid correctly - such that there is air-movement between the roof tiles and the insulation.