Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
green

Screw Up By Agent ?

Hi all

Don't know is it I am unlucky or what ? I have appointed a agent to market my HDB EA around August this year and give her a firm instruction that I will want it to be out ASAP as I need to buy another unit near my parent.

During that period COV for my area was around 20k to 25k but because I want to sell fast in order to get another. I told her to market it at low COV to get immediate buyer.

As what was plan we manage to market it off immediately with low COV and buyer place a deposit of 1K and sign the necessary document and will wait for about 14 day to made another payment of 4K and firm up the option.

So we waited for 2 weeks and only on the few day my agent call me saying that due to some reason buyer request to extend the 2nd deposit for another few day but I do not agreed. So at the final day my agent came with the 2nd payment and option but told me that as the buyer need to sell their current house they need us to book " first appointment" at the latest date which is mid Dec 2013 (3 month later)

I have check with my agent many time before I agreed to it if its possible for the buyer to back up later. She confidently told me many time that after the 2nd payment and option the buyer can not back up at all. And buyer agent told her that even if they can sell the current in time they can buy my first.

So we agreed and move on but few day ago the buyer agent drop a letter to my door step to ask to postpone our " first appointment" to a later un know date due to buyer got problem selling his house?

By then I call HDB and know that if either party did not attend the first appointment its consider cancel on HDB side.

When I ask my agent to settle she told me that the same thing

Now I really don't know what to do and I am so lucky that I didn't place an deposit for an apartment that we are keen on.

I have also check with lawyer and they say that I have a case and I can sue the buyer and claim the difference between the price I sold to them in the option and the final price sell to the new possible buyer?

Or should I made a complaint to CEA about how this day agent handle ??

My whole family looking forward to look for a new home but sad to say that we have met really maybe a agent that cant handle it professionally

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

bro no need talk much to your agent and buyer.. buyer exercise option already cannot buy your house.. you get to keep option money.

let me know if you need any advise with regards to ur case.

KC Teo

[removed]

Hi all

Don't know is it I am unlucky or what ? I have appointed a agent to market my HDB EA around August this year and give her a firm instruction that I will want it to be out ASAP as I need to buy another unit near my parent.

During that period COV for my area was around 20k to 25k but because I want to sell fast in order to get another. I told her to market it at low COV to get immediate buyer.

As what was plan we manage to market it off immediately with low COV and buyer place a deposit of 1K and sign the necessary document and will wait for about 14 day to made another payment of 4K and firm up the option.

So we waited for 2 weeks and only on the few day my agent call me saying that due to some reason buyer request to extend the 2nd deposit for another few day but I do not agreed. So at the final day my agent came with the 2nd payment and option but told me that as the buyer need to sell their current house they need us to book " first appointment" at the latest date which is mid Dec 2013 (3 month later)

I have check with my agent many time before I agreed to it if its possible for the buyer to back up later. She confidently told me many time that after the 2nd payment and option the buyer can not back up at all. And buyer agent told her that even if they can sell the current in time they can buy my first.

So we agreed and move on but few day ago the buyer agent drop a letter to my door step to ask to postpone our " first appointment" to a later un know date due to buyer got problem selling his house?

By then I call HDB and know that if either party did not attend the first appointment its consider cancel on HDB side.

When I ask my agent to settle she told me that the same thing

Now I really don't know what to do and I am so lucky that I didn't place an deposit for an apartment that we are keen on.

I have also check with lawyer and they say that I have a case and I can sue the buyer and claim the difference between the price I sold to them in the option and the final price sell to the new possible buyer?

Or should I made a complaint to CEA about how this day agent handle ??

My whole family looking forward to look for a new home but sad to say that we have met really maybe a agent that cant handle it professionally

I think you better check with another agent is better for you man...how come so sway anyway

Well, at least you get to keep the $5K option and exercise fee, but of course screwing up your plan is a real headache, not so much about the money. Anyway you can PM me if you want my agent, he is a nice lad.

the truth is there are many good agents out there..

the only problem is that the lousy one... really outnumbered the good one..keke..

Otp excercise cannot back out. Seller can sue the buyer for damages. Well a nice agent will not claim part of your deposit forfeited by the buyer.

For this case more like buyer side agent fault. Maybe some comms breakage on seller side.