Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wangph

Aircon Btu. 24 Or 18 For My Living&dining Area

I visited Gain City and purchased the following system 3 combination as salesman recommended

Mitsubishi Electric

MXY-3A28VA / 2 X MSY-GE10VA / MSY-GE24VA

I'm owning a 4rm HDB, wondering if the GE24VA is too big for my living room. Plus, the unit is 1.1 meter long which I don't like. My dining area plus living is only about 20-25 sqm. Should I change the unit to 18VA only? I assume the number means or closely means to BTU, which should be enough for my living room, right? I don't have to install the big unit to overkill as well.

Hope anyone has experience could advice. I would need to change quickly if needed as installation is happening next Monday.

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

thanks, 18k also sounds more balanced combo with 2*10k. not necessary the bigger the better right? price wise, only $50 difference though

Actually to calculate if the air-con can cool down a space takes much more than looking at the BTU. Generally, reading the BTU numbers will get you through but if you have a lot of lights, appliances giving out heat and people in the room, the BTU numbers would not help as much as the cooling rate the air-conditioning unit can handle. Home air-conditioning units differ from industrial cooling towers etc but sometimes, if you're lucky the 18,000BTU unit might have a better cooling rate than the 24,000BTU unit. Then, you can save money on electricity bills because the air conditioning system is more productive, requiring less energy (power) to cool down the space.