Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rhyscookies

Freelance Interior Designer 4Rm Hdb

Hi,

I'm looking for an interior designer to design and do space planning for our HDB 4rm. We are looking to co-ordinate the physical renovation ourselves.

Has anybody done this before and has anybody to recommend? You can email me at joandthewind@yahoo.com.sg with details.

Thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

I'm looking for an interior designer to design and do space planning for our HDB 4rm. We are looking to co-ordinate the physical renovation ourselves.

Has anybody done this before and has anybody to recommend? You can email me at joandthewind@yahoo.com.sg with details.

Thanks

This article on choosing the right interior design for your style might help:

http://www.interiordesigns.com.sg/blog/how-to-choose-an-interior-design-that-fit-your-style.html

I think you are better off getting a good contractor, who can help you a lot with the design, but also coordinate the renovations .... it is a tough job.... so many different things to match up and people to deal with, and if you muck up, you want someone who you can turn to to fix it all up! You won't want to be stuck on your own coordinating a renovation, unless you're been through it before ..... also, the interior designers tend to charge a lot, and yes, they do mark up all the construction work too. This is why I say, find an experienced contractor and use him. He'll likely be able to do the design too, unless you are looking for something really really unique, in which case, you can just show him photos and see if he can manage.

We had a good contractor, who was able to give us design ideas, but could also deliver on the quality renovation works at a decent price. Good luck and hope you enjoy the process.

I agree with EdensMom, renovations can take quite a bit of time and effort. The last time I did a small renovation, I just leave the coordination to my contractor and merely decided on colours, design and materials. All turned out well. :)