Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
freshberrie

Need Advice For Heater

Has anyone installed heaters for all points in the flat? As in kitchen sink, both toilet basins and both showers? Just wondering what's the best system for this, any suggestions? Those who have done it any regrets?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I installed gas heater over storage heater as it is unlimited of hot water supply.

As you know storage heater come with limited capacity and in HDB, u wont want to install a huge tank in your bathroom.

So whenever my family members want to take shower, we have to permanently on the storage heater to ensure enough hot water supply.

Electricity tariff is higher, so is my bill. :jawdrop:

After changing to gas heater, the bill reduce as gas tariff is lower than electricity. the best part is you can permanently on the gas heater as it is a on demand product. you pay for what you use. :thumbs up:

Has anyone installed heaters for all points in the flat? As in kitchen sink, both toilet basins and both showers? Just wondering what's the best system for this, any suggestions? Those who have done it any regrets?

Please check your PUB bills after installing it...... my 2 cents

Gas heater is pay as you go, whereas storage heater is pay upfront (because must heat the entire tank of water, regardless of whether you use up all the hot water).

For those of you with gas heater, do you have an issue with the exhaust fan switching on automatically? I have a Macro water heater and the fan comes on automatically quite often. Just the fan. The heater remains off.

I notice it happens whenever the block's water pump switches on. I suspect that causes a very small surge in pressure which triggers the exhaust fan as the heater thinks the tap is turned on.

Anyone else have this problem?

citygas ppl is coming over to my hse to give advice on installation of heater,as i am currently using storage heater.

May i know which model(from citygas) is highly recommeded? i only need hot water supply to 2 toilets.

i saw about 6 differents models,brands..headache as which to choose.

anyone able to advice?

Hi guys

M really new to this - choosing a water heater for my house and trying to see if what works - isn't storage better?

citygas ppl is coming over to my hse to give advice on installation of heater,as i am currently using storage heater.

May i know which model(from citygas) is highly recommeded? i only need hot water supply to 2 toilets.

i saw about 6 differents models,brands..headache as which to choose.

anyone able to advice?

Hi guys

M really new to this - choosing a water heater for my house and trying to see if what works - isn't storage better?

My previous flat used storage heater, you need to on it for at least 10 mins so that can have sufficient supply of hot water to bathe. And if is not turn off after bathing, the electricity is still running.

This time at my executive maisonette, I install citygas instant heater so that no need to wait for the storage tank water to heat up. It will be cheaper to use gas then electricity.

how many toilets do you have alant?

My previous flat used storage heater, you need to on it for at least 10 mins so that can have sufficient supply of hot water to bathe. And if is not turn off after bathing, the electricity is still running.

This time at my executive maisonette, I install citygas instant heater so that no need to wait for the storage tank water to heat up. It will be cheaper to use gas then electricity.

Hi,

I'm also shopping for water heaters and with all the different types, I'm getting quite confused. From my research, there are 4 different types of heaters

1. Point of use (POU) electric heater

2. Centralized storage tank electric heater

3. Centralized tankless electric heater

4. Centralized tankless gas heater (citygas)

POU is easy to fix and probably cheap, but you'll need 1 for every water outlet, which can be inconvenient.

Centralized storage tank is units are relatively cheap, but takes time to heat up, and incurs high running costs since you're heating up more than you need.

Centralized tankless electric heaters have cheaper running costs since you're heating on demand, but the units are apparently more expensive (but how much?), there's a drop in water pressure, and there's a limit in the rate of hot water being pumped out in L/min.

Citygas heaters also have cheaper running costs, but we don't get as much freedom in choosing the location of unit and piping.

I'm leaning towards tankless heaters (either electric or gas) but I'm not sure of 2 things:

1. How much do electric tankless heaters cost?

2. How will the piping for citygas heaters be done? Will it be unsightly and costly?

Anyone has knowledge and experience of these 2?

Thanks!

my mom's place uses Bennington instant heater, tankless. just 1 for whole house heating - incl showers, sinks, kitchen sink. hers is new 5rm BTO it comes with this 2pin heater installation for either gas or this type of heater. so its quite easy. u can chk with contractor if it can fit your house. its abt $150.

my mom's place uses Bennington instant heater, tankless. just 1 for whole house heating - incl showers, sinks, kitchen sink. hers is new 5rm BTO it comes with this 2pin heater installation for either gas or this type of heater. so its quite easy. u can chk with contractor if it can fit your house. its abt $150.

Bennington instant heater? Nv heard before - is it good? how is it so far? : )