Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
flowerfans

New Home@new Place

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yippee...finally got around to unpack one of my Taobao loot...the Grohe Rainshower system (Model:34337+27389).

Verdict: Material quality of the sets looks good, heavy too for the taps....Will update after it is installed and tested. :D

(....am so glad that it survived the shipment and arrived in good condition. )

Humph.... oh dear.....according to the instruction, the tap seems to be installed at the side of the shower....alamak !!

Anyone has experience using this set of Rain shower? :dunno:

[GroheRainShower_zpsb76eb7ee.jpg

Edited by flowerfans

Day 30- December 17, 2013 (Tuesday)

Hiaz…the Technical Officer of HDB is not helping at all. Wanted me to submit the plan and he will submit it upwards before letting me know…aiyo this will waste alot of time ley.... Can’t he tell me straight away if anyone has done it before? Anyway, this is a stand-in TO as my original TO is on leave.. :( Bo bian...

LOL....i can understand that. just bad luck when the real PIC is OOO

Day 38- December 25, 2013 (Wednesday)

Merry Christmas Everyone !!!

Been very busy lately hence didn’t have time to update the progress…pai seh…

Just to recap, IDs have checked with contractor and assured that things are going well and there might still be a chance that we can complete b4 CNY. J Contractor has to squeeze a lot of work in the upcoming few weeks in order to catch up. <Keeping my fingers crossed.>

Tiling works has completed, my favorite will be the “bling bling” mosaic tiles in the bathroom. I totally love it!!! Floor tiling & skirting are done too but the tillers have laid a protective cupboard layer over it so didn’t get to take any pics of it. Electrical work has started…so next waiting for it to complete, aircon piping & ceiling works. Carpenters took measurements and hopefully they can fabricate the cabinets soon.

F4AA60A0-9860-4680-940C-5DF5A5D0D1E9_zps

So next up for us will be to decide on the laminates for Kitchen, Wardrobe and Living Room TV console.

Wanted something like this for the Living Room TV console…but haven't decided on the wardrobe & kitchen.

LivingRm-LookBook_zps84f6fc3d.png

As for the counter top, I am still torn between using quartz or solid surface top. Very tempted to go with quartz but a friend of mine advised that quartz is porous and there will be joints while solid surface will be one full piece and easier for maintenance…. I think IDs also recommended SS. < Think think think…>

Okie dokie, that's all for now. Till next update then. :)

Shopping Spree

For me, guess the best part was the shopping for appliances & gadgets!! Hubby dun bother about these so I get to buy whatever I like hahaha...(provided within budget lah).

Took advice from fellow blogger, got quotation from various company (GAB, Parisilk, Mega) and finally went down to HN to get a better deal. (Actually, we happened to be around during the 12 yr anniversary sale, so popped by.) Price wise I would say it's definitely not the best but I like the fact that we can use credit card & the 36 months interest free installments is an added bonus!!

Kitchen appliances wise, best to take the same brand throughout...Electrolux had a good package for a nice built in microwave (new model) + Oven. I would have loved to have the nicer bigger Electrolux built in microwave but alas they don't have an oven that has a rotisserie yet price competitive so have to forgo it and stick with the smaller microwave.

Come to think of it now, I think I've bought the items way too early cos prices especially for the TV will keep dropping....but guess I was getting so excited over the items... :P

....Now I can't wait to unwrap my Taobao items which are still sitting in the Bomb shelter untouched given that there will still be different groups of workers in & out of the house... :dancingqueen:

Electrolux-Hob_zps034bfc09.pngElectrolux-Hood_zpsc67cf560.pngSamsung46TV_zps7273f11a.png Electrolux-Microwave_zpsfb3bf71a.pngBrandtOven_zps29d072ff.png Electrolux-WashingMachine_zps54d40c2c.pn

Kitchen appliances wise, best to take the same brand throughout...Electrolux had a good package for a nice built in microwave (new model) + Oven. I would have loved to have the nicer bigger Electrolux built in microwave but alas they don't have an oven that has a rotisserie yet price competitive so have to forgo it and stick with the smaller microwave.

Hi, what is the price for the Electrolux package?

Hi OceanEleven,

Gosh, I have override the individual pricing from my file...did managed to find some handwritten info...hope it helps...

(btw, this is a customized package and I didn't go for their special package as I was too attracted with the EQ98X hob. :P )

1) Hob - EQ98X

2) Hood - 9533 X

3) Built in Microwave 2540X-25L

Plus

4) Oven-EOB 3400 4) Oven-EOB 5410

Package price - $3060 Package price - $3300

TaoBaoing

Been using TaoBao lots when living in China. To my utmost delight, I discovered (through Renotalk) that we can still TaoBao back home... Yippeee !!!! Thus, promptly I ordered stuff that works out to 2m3 even though I was just testing water... :P (…my shocked Hubby asked if I wanted to fill the whole house with Taobao items…I wish I could. :dancingqueen: )

Well, I’ve only unpacked a portion of my loots…(mainly to check if there’s any damage cos I am buying again :P ) & they are in good condition!!! Yes!!! TaoBao…here I come again. :notti:

=> Review time – Amcon Freight forwarder.

(Ps: I am holding back reviews of IDs, contractors etc as work hasn’t complete, so do pardon the delay.)

I’ve used Amcon to ship my loots and I am happy with their service. Although there was some delay but as I bought my items during the double 11 (peak time) so it’s really acceptable. In addition, I loved the fact that they are able to store some of the goods for me while waiting for the rest to arrive and some of my goods delayed for quite awhile and Amcon was pretty cool with it. :thumbs up:

Here's sharing my own guideline for choosing Taobao vendors.

(Ps: This is just my personal experience gathered over the years of using it & from advice of local Chinese friends.)

1) Look at the ratings for the vendors. Not just the crowns or stars…but the overall %.

2) Scrutinized through comments of previous buyers…(esp those comments made by buyers with higher rating and those who uploaded pictures..) …personal experience…seller will incentivized buyer to change to better comments if the latter has rated unfavorably.

3) Ignore the quantity sold as it may not be the real…rumors (heard from local friends) that the sellers have ways of manipulating the statistic.

4) When texting seller, start off message with 亲 – which means dear…urgh I know this is so mushy but it’s commonly used.

5) If in doubt, you can use Chinese search engine “Baidu.com” to check out the items you are buying. I’ve used “百度知道” to search the reputation of certain brands of electrical items before buying.

6) Finally, I don’t buy really expensive items or international branded items as (1) It’s more costly to buy real branded items in China than elsewhere even though most are made in China. (2) High chance is that it could be fake. :P (3) I won’t be too heart pain if the item turned out not what I’ve expected.

7) Oh ya, the last item u need when Taobaoing is...Luck! :notti:

Edited by flowerfans

Day 6- November 23, 2013 (Saturday)

We went Tile selection with IDs today. Took us about 1.5hours+ to complete the whole selection… (I actually thought we were pretty quick in selection as Hubby is the “chop chop” type but erhm…I pity my IDs who were ever so patient with us.)

Frankly I can’t visualize the “looks” at all thus mostly dependent on IDs & Hubby to choose the tile. :PHowever, I super love the "bling bling" blue mosaic that ID has chosen. It’s so pretty, can’t wait to see the actual bathroom.

Day6-1_zpsc3562eea.png

Since we are at Balestier, next is the selection of Basin & Tap for the Bathrooms. This turned out to be the hardest, even harder than tiles selection. L Finally found “The One” that might fit my house. Now pending ID’s confirmation if they will fit the cabinet top….yup…it’s that small...

Day6-2_zps9253e50b.png

Hi, how much does your blue mosaic cost?

Yippee...finally got around to unpack one of my Taobao loot...the Grohe Rainshower system (Model:34337+27389).

Verdict: Material quality of the sets looks good, heavy too for the taps....Will update after it is installed and tested. :D

Humph.... oh dear.....according to the instruction, the tap seems to be installed at the side of the shower....alamak !!

GroheRainShower_zpsb76eb7ee.jpg

Hi flowerfans,

was this purchased from 高仪官方旗舰店 or an individual seller?

Edited by mavicaste

[GroheRainShower_zpsb76eb7ee.jpg

how's your verdict ?