Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sneaky_ho

Toilet Glass Door Hinge

HI,

After 2 years, my toilet glass door hinge is now producing a loud cracking sound whenever I try to open the door and it is getting louder by the day. I have tried lubricating the hinge but does not seemed to help. I read from forum that the hinge may have worn out and needs to be replaced.

Does any have this experience and how do you go about fixing it ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

HI,

After 2 years, my toilet glass door hinge is now producing a loud cracking sound whenever I try to open the door and it is getting louder by the day. I have tried lubricating the hinge but does not seemed to help. I read from forum that the hinge may have worn out and needs to be replaced.

Does any have this experience and how do you go about fixing it ?

Hi,

Got a quote from the original installer to quote. $30 per hinge and $80 for labour to change. Total is $160.50 for two hinges with GST. The trouble is that this problem is likely to resurface again later due to wear and tear of the plastic sleeve at that joint that would wear off. Wondering if anyone have such experience and are there more lasting hinges out there that do not use plastic sleeve.

Why not changing to a normal bi-folding door??

lesser maintenance and not very ex and if really anything happened, can just change a new door or easily repair. =)