Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vicx1234

A "scandustrial" Concept ~ Sengkang Ea

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

thanks for dropping by and for your input getzski. I haven't even thought that far about dampening the washer and dryer yet but now that you mention it, it makes perfect sense! In fact everybody should do this. Just curious, which brand of dampening or soundproofing material did you use and where did you get it from?

Hi vicx1234,

i'd used the leftovers from my car soundproofing project i did. The brand does not really matter, more importantly is getting the complete coverage.

i think i had used something similiar to this, and i got this on sale from autobacs. TB also sells a lot of SP materials, so if time is not an issue, you can check it out over there.

www.soundprooffoam.com/ultra-barrier-plus.html

Woooo I love the black panel shower screen! Nice nice and the tiles goes really well Vicx1234!

Let me know if Rainex any good..I know my fren wipe down the glass panel each time she's done shower...too much work for me. Would be good if I could apply something for ease of maintenance :)

Thanks! I will let you know once we use the rainex (or some other suitable substitute). I'm pretty sure this method has been used before so let's see if anyone else gives their input before that. :lol:

The black framed shower screen is cool! Also like that you have chosen tofu tiles with black grout for your kitchen walls. You are staying very true to the black & white theme!

Thanks alot Makanology! Oh is that what the tiles are called? Interesting name and I shall start calling them that from now. ;)

Half shower screen looks like a really good idea...there is really no need to enclose ourselves entirely when bathing if the purpose is really to avoid splashing water all over the dry area of the toilet. Half a screen with shower kerb should do the job...

This also eliminates the possibility of having a spoilt door, corroded swivel etc.... Bravo...

I hope lesser glass also means its cheaper to construct?

Totally agreed, no need to worry about corroding or spoilt parts. But there may be some excess splash from the shower so there will definitely be a need to wipe up some of the excess water, or put a bath mat just outside.

As for the cost for construction, it should be cheaper than doing a full framed shower enclosure, but not super cheap also because the black alum frame is quite expensive to make too. :unsure:

For the kitchen. Can you advise where did you get those black beautiful light. Thanks.

hey marcel, we got ours from the link below:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5.w4002-1820923185.81.7vMXVN&id=15202397216

Do note that their 1 single listing contains 3 different types of lights (wall light, floor lamp and desk lamp) in 2 colours (black and white). Be sure to choose the right option.

There are other shops selling this item as well, but I found this store to be the cheapest.

gOOD LUCK! :D:D

what quartz did you decide to get for your kitchen? Iquartz?

Hello AnW, we didn't get iquartz in the end cos we weren't too excited about the patterns/colours available. Ended up going for 3S quartz, a lesser known name. Hopefully the quality is good as well.

Nice nice!! :)

Thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks for dropping by and for the support kelhy! :P

Hi vicx1234,

i'd used the leftovers from my car soundproofing project i did. The brand does not really matter, more importantly is getting the complete coverage.

i think i had used something similiar to this, and i got this on sale from autobacs. TB also sells a lot of SP materials, so if time is not an issue, you can check it out over there.

www.soundprooffoam.com/ultra-barrier-plus.html

Hey thanks for the lead bro! I'm wondering if I could go down to autobacs or some audio shop just to get some scraps for free or for a small sum lol. :lol::lol: Do you think they'll entertain me??

lucky your tiles are smooth, rough ones are hard to maintain..

for your bathroom doors, you have nice frosted glass panels with black frame! :good:

Yesterday I told my contractor I want to do the same, black door with frosted glass. He and my hubby gang up against me and said it won't look nice. Hubby kept saying it's not scandi. Contractor said many Chinese don't like to use black. I told him but I'm not Chinese :no: and besides this kind of framing effect is evergreen. Plus, if black I won't see the dirt in the track etc.

They both also gunned down my black nyatoh door frames idea. :curse:

Yesterday I told my contractor I want to do the same, black door with frosted glass. He and my hubby gang up against me and said it won't look nice. Hubby kept saying it's not scandi. Contractor said many Chinese don't like to use black. I told him but I'm not Chinese :no: and besides this kind of framing effect is evergreen. Plus, if black I won't see the dirt in the track etc.

They both also gunned down my black nyatoh door frames idea. :curse:

hmmm poor mellenur! Not everyone will like black and white for sure. I guess it's how you can convince them using pictures gleaned from the internet etc. There are some really nice ones on pinterest which are black and white scandi themed so maybe can use that to sway your hubby, haha. But ya la, if your contractor is more mainstream design minded who is more into the modern concept etc, will be difficult to persuade. At the end of the day though, it's your hubby that you will need to consult with, not the contractor haha. :D

Pictures say a thousand words, so use those! If still don't like, see if you can come up with some sort of compromise lor. :P

wow, vicx1234, your kitchen is really huge :good:

post more picts when they are available.

actually it won't be that big when we place our fridge and pantry shelf in it haha. The kitchen may look huge also because there is no service yard bah.

vic,

your place is seriously looking the goods.

sex.

lion

lion, this is a family friendly forum :jawdrop: hahaha

thanks bro, waiting for yours to come up now

• Like 1

lion, this is a family friendly forum :jawdrop: hahaha

thanks bro, waiting for yours to come up now

Seriously, every time I saw the title of the blog, I thought I saw - A "scandalous" Concept........ :bangwall:

Seriously, every time I saw the title of the blog, I thought I saw - A "scandalous" Concept........ :bangwall:

LoL ~

This i got to agree that it does look that way if you don notice it carefully at start ..,

Me too! I always quickly scan the forum titles and read as "scandalised" concept ... later then realised the mistake. ;)

Door pics continued...

This is a shot of the kitchen folding doors when closed. Apologies for the lack of clarity, this was taken at night with low lighting. :P Discovered that there weren't any handles on the outside, which means that it is impossible to open if you accidentally close it. Luckily they had not put up the glass panels yet.

js18.jpg

View from the living room to the kitchen. Still missing on the wall to the right of the kitchen is our full height display cabinet.

2ith.jpg

Uh oh....big problem here. Discovered that the study room door cannot open fully! Wth.... :no: Must get contractor to rectify for sure. Btw, the packages on the floor are our lights from taobao!!

rkte.jpg

Halfway through the installation, was again pleasantly surprised by the appearance of the door contractor, ready to fix up our study room panel and kitchen folding doors. :D

Here they are fixing up the panel:

p4xx.jpg

All done! Overall, the look seems ok. The frames aren't as thin as we had hoped or asked for, but they aren't eyesores so that's still acceptable. I think the look of the place is starting to come together with the carpentry and doors going up, so we are really getting excited now. However, even at this stage there are some hiccups, some minor and some major. We will be pushing for our ID to solve these issues and hopefully he comes through. I do hate it whenever unexpected problems pop up during the reno, either because of a miscommunication or simply poor management on the ID's part. We've pulled our hair multiple times in the reno process already. I guess there really isn't a perfect contractor after all!

1pqj.jpg

Can I ask where you got those gorgeous black panels and kitchen folding doors, and also your shower black framed shower screen?

I'm doing these for my house too, but worried about the black frames may be too thick, yours look very gorgeous!

• Like 1