Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vicx1234

A "scandustrial" Concept ~ Sengkang Ea

waiting for your WIW :)

we waiting also haha! only ready middle of next month though, sigh :(

Can I ask where you got those gorgeous black panels and kitchen folding doors, and also your shower black framed shower screen?

I'm doing these for my house too, but worried about the black frames may be too thick, yours look very gorgeous!

thanks hojichalatte!! :lol:

Our contractor used his own contact for this. I believe it was a JB company he used though I don't know what's their name called. Actually I would say our frames are on the thick side and I believe it can be even thinner (but thanks for the compliment!). Any aluminium frame maker should be able to custom it to your specifications. Your contractor should be able to advise bah :D

hey can i check where did you get the blinds ah.. very niceeeeeeeeee ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. gonna do that for all my windows...

Hello, here is the contact for our blinds and curtains - it's a Malaysian company, so 20-30% cheaper. Cheers
Look for Serene @ 016-7600683 (JB Number)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

thanks hojichalatte!! :lol:

Our contractor used his own contact for this. I believe it was a JB company he used though I don't know what's their name called. Actually I would say our frames are on the thick side and I believe it can be even thinner (but thanks for the compliment!). Any aluminium frame maker should be able to custom it to your specifications. Your contractor should be able to advise bah :D

Thanks for your reply! So you also didn't see the frames until they were installed? I was thinking whether I can visit my contractor's supplier to take a look before they install or not.. :dunno:

ello, here is the contact for our blinds and curtains - it's a Malaysian company, so 20-30% cheaper. Cheers
Look for Serene @ 016-7600683 (JB Number)

but like that means u gonna install yourself issit??

Thanks for your reply! So you also didn't see the frames until they were installed? I was thinking whether I can visit my contractor's supplier to take a look before they install or not.. :dunno:

Yup! We didn't manage to see the frames until they were installed, so was very nervous to see how it turns out. It's better if your contractor's supplier can physically show you the sample, we didn't get that opportunity. It's always best to see, as you can visualize how it looks in your space. :jammin:

but like that means u gonna install yourself issit??

no la, haha. They have people coming in every now and then to install the blinds, but they will make appt with you beforehand.

• Like 1

Thanks vix! That's very helpful heehee. Any idea if their blinds got other colors other than black frames? Happy new yr!! Wiw as soon as u get it all right! Haha

Lights continued & other purchases

A close up of our kitchen wall lights - the lamps came bigger than originally expected, but hey it still looks good! The wife says that it's a bit too high though. What do you guys think? Anyway, we're gonna keep the plastic cover on the lights until all the works are completed. Still pretty dusty and dirty in the house after all the carpentry and electrical works.

xfqg.jpg

A side shot of our bedside table lamp. Out of all the lights, I would say that the quality of these lights are the lousiest of the lot - think it has to do with the number of joints it has. Also, the metal plate mounted onto the wall is a bit thin and flimsy. Not sure if it can withstand the weight of the lamp in a couple of years. I suspect we'll have to change it further down the road.

e4dr.jpg

The fancy Edison bulbs for our kitchen dining lights just came too! Very excited to see the beautiful filament patterns.

vptb.jpg

LED Track spotlights - we will be using around 6 x 5w lights to light up our WIW. Good thing with tracklights is that you can focus on the spots you want to. For these particular lights from taobao, they came in a size much bigger than expected. Not as nice as the ones made in Germany that they sell at Chan Huat etc. Oh well, for the price you pay, can't really complain. At most just change when it's spoilt. :bleah:

rb0h.jpg

Our fan finally got fixed up and I must say it looks fantastic. It has a matte finish and although we haven't tested the wind speed, the blades look like they can generate some serious air. :notti: Very happy with this purchase.

c43w.jpg

Sometime last week I was researching on robot vacuum cleaners and came across this thread on hardwarezone:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/home-decor-furnishings-188/lg-roboking-3692302.html

Having been impressed so much by the reviews, I immediately msged E and told her that we need to get it haha. It is available in Singapore via autovacstore for $908 or from QOO10 for $699. Just so happened that the QOO10 store was having a promo price at $599 so I immediately bought it. Free delivery summore! Will do a review of it once we start using it.

j73y.jpg

Hi vicx,

Nice Reno... Your house is looking great. Just to ask, is your window frame in wood? Are these custom made window frame? Do you have the contact? Thank you in advance...

Hi vicx,

Nice Reno... Your house is looking great. Just to ask, is your window frame in wood? Are these custom made window frame? Do you have the contact? Thank you in advance...

- Colour of the windows: Not a major problem in terms of executing the renovation works, but we can't stand the look of the original HDB orange windows. Is there any way we can paint over this? People keep telling us that we can't.

;)

First off, a very happy CNY to one and all! Hope you didn't suffer too much damage as a result of giving out and pows :jawdrop:

Sorry for the late reply guys, been a busy coupla weeks for me and there has been nothing much happening on the renovation front! Hopefully work will start again today and be completed in about 2 weeks time * fingers crossed*

Thanks vix! That's very helpful heehee. Any idea if their blinds got other colors other than black frames? Happy new yr!! Wiw as soon as u get it all right! Haha

you're welcome! I'm sure they have other coloured blinds but my wife was the one who met with the curtain lady and did all the choosing. She will bring the samples together with her when she meets you so not to worry.

Waiting for your WIW. :good:

WIW will only be done this Friday bro :bleah: hopefully it will turn out nicely! Will post pictures as soon as it is up.

;)

Haha thanks for replying for me mavicaste! :good:

So any review on the irobot and fan ??

unfortunately the house isn't ready yet for me to be able to test the 2 out, but request for review noted!!! hahah :D

Thinking of getting i-robot too.. You have gotten a good deal there!

Look forward to the reviews when your house is ready :D

• Like 1

Thinking of getting i-robot too.. You have gotten a good deal there!

Look forward to the reviews when your house is ready :D

thanks jiawen!

Btw, I just checked and found out there's a special price for the LG robot vacuum today - last 3 left at $629

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/LG-ELECTRONICS-NEW-LG-ROBOKING-VR6270LVM-DUAL/407269343

Just in case you're considering.

Cheers! :good:

thanks jiawen!

Btw, I just checked and found out there's a special price for the LG robot vacuum today - last 3 left at $629

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/LG-ELECTRONICS-NEW-LG-ROBOKING-VR6270LVM-DUAL/407269343

Just in case you're considering.

Cheers! :good:

Thanks for sharing! Will bookmark the page first :)

My house key is not here yet, will need to spend on the essentials first, the i-robot is additional frills if we got the budget hehe. Will wait for bargains when we ready to buy one :lol:

Hi vicx1234, can i check where you got the ceiling fan and how much it cost? Issit good? Thanks!

hello myone181, we got it from Chan Huat along Balestier at $220 before GST. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but I'll let you and Songz know once I do. Get back to you! :lol:

• Like 1