Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vicx1234

A "scandustrial" Concept ~ Sengkang Ea

I am also someone who is lazy to clean. But I can't stand wet toilets

same here. it doesn't get too wet really, just place a bathmat there and problem solved. Will show you what I mean through pictures tonight.

Cheers, :good:

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Time is freeing up for me to be able to blog with a lil more frequency now. :D We have moved all the essentials that we need to live at our new home and now that everything is in working order, it's time to really start enjoying our home.

I have posted pics of our kitchen, toilets and MBR to date, but nothing on the living room & study so here goes:

Living Room / Dining

Here is a view from the kitchen showing our dining, living and study room just beyond the dining table. Our dining table purchased from taobao has since been set up (although with some issues - more on that later) and it's looking pretty. We're quite happy with the edison light bulbs but have been advised that since they consume quite a bit of electricity, we're better off switching to energy saving light bulbs and to only use the edison light bulbs when guests come over.

There is quite a bit of space to the left of the dining, which we will most prob reserve for a playmat for the future kid. ;)

Another view

Study table purchased from taobao - this was quite a good buy as it costs double here in Singapore. Easy to assemble, and comes with soft close drawers. Finishing is not perfect, but it's matte and nice to touch haha.

2014-03-04002707_zps6bf8b5ea.jpg

This is where we will be spending quite a bit of time watching movies/tv shows etc. Just got our PLEX media server connected with the LG Smart TV so we're ready to roll! Opted not to wall mount the TV in order to retain the full feature wall. Easier to change TV in the future also. Yellow carpet was from a FrancFranc sale which sad to say will be pulling out of Singapore soon. :o Really like their stuff, but maybe the notoriously high rent in Singapore also got to them.

A view from the other side. It's nice to see some space in our living room! Hopefully it won't be too cluttered up with toys upon toys in the future haha

The latest addition - a shoe cabinet (matching wood colour) that we got from a garage sale at $50. What a steal! :yeah: We did chip it in some places while transporting it over, but hey at $50 you can't really complain.

Hi, mind sharing the link for the study table? Nice!

It could definitely be the result of improper installation or something. Will have to get our electrician to come down and check one of these days. Funny thing is the longer I leave it on, the quieter it gets. Perhaps there is a run in period or something? :dunno:

Tell me about it. Prices here are ridiculous, but expected cos they have to pay for rent and labour charges, both of which is expensive in Singapore.

Anyway, here is the link. There are 2 colours (black and bronze) to choose from under the heading 颜色分类. :good:

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=21021524014

Oh yes, it doesn't come with the pretty edison light bulbs, which you can buy separately in the link below:

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220o.1000855.w5871376-3285186941.2.C0yxEC&id=16529682382

Happy shopping!

Thanks much!

Hi will the water splash out to the dry bath room area when u shower with half a shower screen?

May I ask where did u buy or make your mirror?

Link for the study table. (Should be this one)

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.47.p8BfSr&id=35673264308&_u=k1n55c8t9b8f

Comes with soft closing drawers, very solid feel, in 3 various sizes.

The actual piece look s very real, finishing is not bad as well.

Can be custom made but you need to talk to the seller direct.

I am also someone who is lazy to clean. But I can't stand wet toilets

hi bianzi, here are the pictures as promised:

First pic - as you can see, there is usually a little splash produced outside of the half shower screen, but it's not that big of a deal.

2014-03-19204957_zps4d82d56c.jpg

Second pic - we deal with the splash by placing a bath mat to cover the area just outside the shower screen. It dries itself out so you won't have to deal with a wet mat for long.

2014-03-19205012_zps8466310a.jpg

Hi, mind sharing the link for the study table? Nice!

Hi, I would like to have the link for the study table too. Is it solid wood?

same!! link for study table! got other colors not hehe

Link for the study table. (Should be this one)

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.47.p8BfSr&id=35673264308&_u=k1n55c8t9b8f

Comes with soft closing drawers, very solid feel, in 3 various sizes.

The actual piece look s very real, finishing is not bad as well.

Can be custom made but you need to talk to the seller direct.

Ocean, I officially hire you as my tblog poster/representative. haha.

Yes guys, the link provided by Ocean is the correct one. You can choose the size you want, but must be prepared to self assemble. I can't tell if it's made from solid wood, or just plywood with veneer (as is the case with so many furniture today), but it feels sturdy enough. The assembly is also simple enough, but the bar between the bottom legs poses a little bit of challenge and you will spend some time trying to fix that up.

Cheers guys :good:

May I ask where did u buy or make your mirror?

hey marcel, we actually asked our carpenter to custom make it. It's just a mirror bordered by laminated wood, with a ledge that is about 4 inches so that it can fit some of our toiletries.

Yap agree that the table is very worth it ...

For me I am looking for L-Shape table else I will be gladly to purchase it after seeing it.

• Like 1

same here. it doesn't get too wet really, just place a bathmat there and problem solved. Will show you what I mean through pictures tonight.

Cheers, :good:

Ok thanks 😃

Lovely and tasteful home! Cement screed's problematic nature is a common worries for industrial look seekers. You solved it by using tiles that look like cement screed, and I must say it works incredibly well for you. The black framed glass panels go well with the theme too. I'm a fan of industrial theme and i'm inspired by your home, is it possible to share the quotation with me?

Carpentry Done!!!

Just before I left for HK, I dropped by our place and was very excited to see all the carpentry items up. The plank feature wall was completed and cabinet doors all went up. :good: Certainly was a great way to start the weekend!

Here are the pictures:

Completed full height cabinet cum bar counter area in the living room. The leftmost door is supposed to be painted with chalkboard paint to write our menu for the day etc, and perhaps uplifting messages for each other. Will post again when we've painted the door! Apologies for the poor lighting as some of our light switches have not been fixed up yet. Quite happy with the contrast of the wood colour and graphite.

o19i.jpg

Our completed plank feature wall! The wife and I are pretty happy with how this turned out - no regrets over forgoing the white brick wall. Now just waiting for the light switches and sockets to go up. Btw, there is a space where the study room door used to be - the contractors took it back to alter because we complained that the door could not open fully into the room.

eft6.jpg

A closer look at the wall - I must say that the workmanship on the wall was pretty good. The guy who did this for the first time must have taken quite a bit of pride in his work. It wasn't easy and I can see that it required a lot of work! Check out how they cut the side panels below

6y8y.jpg

t7es.jpg

Kitchen cabinet doors all up. Too bad the quartz top and glass backsplash is not in yet though, those would really complete the look. Anyway, we made a conscious decision to make the wood laminate grains run horizontally to elongate the kitchen and make it look a little more streamlined. :good:

pac6.jpg

Yard area, where the washing machine and dryer will be housed:

ovkv.jpg

Pardon the mess, they still haven't fully cleaned up the space yet. When I went down they were rushing to pack up and get out of there!

Really like your TV feature wall. May I know the cost? My ID told me its very expensive. Tried to PM you but not able. Thanks!

Really like your TV feature wall. May I know the cost? My ID told me its very expensive. Tried to PM you but not able. Thanks!

I remember is in excess of 1K.

Hi Vic, back to the LG Roboking ... do you need to pay the 7% GST upon receipt of the delivery?

Read one of the reviews in Qoo10 as follows:

Tax invoice from FedEx was send to me

Was indicating free delivery, but a tax invoice was send to my place. Very disappointed with this purchase, GST was not included in the price, thus need to add 7% GST plus $10 advance fee to the item before purchase. My worse purchase online experience.

But I do not see majority of the Qoo10 buyers complaining having to pay the tax invoice. So it is like a "random taxing" thing?

Thanks to confirm! :)