Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vicx1234

A "scandustrial" Concept ~ Sengkang Ea

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Last picture for the lot, our study room blinds!!!:good: Very pleased with the look of it, and even more pleased that it covers up our orange framed windows. haha

ud6f.jpg

Can share where did u get this blind?

Anyone know what material is the black frame door of vicx1234 study room? Wood or aluminum? Did anyone get his reply regarding the door and the wing bed? I guessed he is too busy with his beautiful house.

Can share where did u get this blind?

Anyone know what material is the black frame door of vicx1234 study room? Wood or aluminum? Did anyone get his reply regarding the door and the wing bed? I guessed he is too busy with his beautiful house.

hi pforpeggy & others, sorry for the delayed response. You're partially right about us enjoying our house, :unsure: the other part being I rarely log on to the internet while at home nowadays. My wife and I are trying to enjoy as much couple time as we can before our baby arrives this September :D. In that sense we've become a bit of an online hermit.

Anyway, to answer your queries:

- Blinds are from Serene (from JB) contact no. 016-760 0683

- The study room frame material is aluminium and done by these contractors called Wellmax Metal Works (but to be honest I wouldn't recommend them).

Vicx, Can't resist the temptation of asking u to pm me where did u get your wing frame bed although I have fully paid for a storage bed already ~bang head~

Hi may I know where you bought your bed frame? And the price? Tyvm

How about the wingback bed? Where to buy that & what's the price?

Hi guys, once again sorry for the delayed response. The bed can be found at Cellini (I went to the branch at Loyang Drive), and hopefully it's still on sale. Fabric and colour can be chosen as I understand it. I'm not sure what the raw cost of the bed frame itself is as I bought it as part of a package - bed frame plus mattress at around $1900. It's actually a pretty good deal so if they still have this price, you can consider it.

The mattress is on the firmer side but still quite comfy, my wife and I have no complaints.

Cheers! :good:

Hi u mentioned that ur toilet door is a pd door... Did u pay extra to have the frames black? Cos when I went down to the show room they had only brown aluminum. In addition, any reviews after using it? I wanted to use this but my contractor kept telling me that it doesn't last...

Nope, it's a PD door - so it slides to one side first, then swings inwards. Cheers

I don't believe I was charged extra for the black frames per se, but since I upgraded to aluminium PD door, my contractor charged me more for it, probably a few hundred more.
So far the door hasn't given us any problems. Still slides in and out as good as it did on day one. Hope I haven't given you the info too late.

Thanks! I am also using pd door for my common bath due to cost constraint leave the glass door budget for master bedroom . Haha

hi pforpeggy & others, sorry for the delayed response. You're partially right about us enjoying our house, :unsure: the other part being I rarely log on to the internet while at home nowadays. My wife and I are trying to enjoy as much couple time as we can before our baby arrives this September :D. In that sense we've become a bit of an online hermit.

Anyway, to answer your queries:

- Blinds are from Serene (from JB) contact no. 016-760 0683

- The study room frame material is aluminium and done by these contractors called Wellmax Metal Works (but to be honest I wouldn't recommend them).

Thanks for your reply!

Congrats daddy-to-be~ :jammin:

But of course we are all hoping u can still update us on your beautiful house. :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks for your reply!

Congrats daddy-to-be~ :jammin:

But of course we are all hoping u can still update us on your beautiful house. :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Thank you peggy! Really excited to be a dad. Will do my best to update when I can for sure, thanks for your kind support.

Hello!

Great job on your renovation! Having settled in, do you have any feedback to share about your flooring and laminate feature wall? Ingenious by the way!

Do you happen to remember how much you paid for the shipping of your desk from Taobao? I'm intending to purchase a larger size table to go at the end of our kitchen island. Is the table holding up? This is the one I'm looking at. The 180x70 size.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.1997196601.133.s7wkuu&id=38956316698

I read through but must have missed the psf cost of the flooring (both living room and kitchen). Can I trouble you to share that too? **(SORRY! Shown in your pictures! Blind as a bat!)**

Sorry for all the questions and Thanks!

p/s congrats on becoming a dad! I have 3 boys and that's why we are looking for hardier floors :)

Edited by Compass

Hello!

Great job on your renovation! Having settled in, do you have any feedback to share about your flooring and laminate feature wall? Ingenious by the way!

Do you happen to remember how much you paid for the shipping of your desk from Taobao? I'm intending to purchase a larger size table to go at the end of our kitchen island. Is the table holding up? This is the one I'm looking at. The 180x70 size.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.1997196601.133.s7wkuu&id=38956316698

I read through but must have missed the psf cost of the flooring (both living room and kitchen). Can I trouble you to share that too? **(SORRY! Shown in your pictures! Blind as a bat!)**

p/s congrats on becoming a dad! I have 3 boys and that's why we are looking for hardier floors :)

Like this kind of tables too but those in local shops selling pretty high price. I'm interested in the shipping price vicx1234 paid for his table.

Like this kind of tables too but those in local shops selling pretty high price. I'm interested in the shipping price vicx1234 paid for his table.

Using table when package is 2m x 1m x 0.5m = 1m3

Base on Amcon rates = RMB550 + SGD35 + GST. Deliver to door step.

Hello!

hi there compass, thanks for the compliments and well wishes! :D

Our living room cement screed tiles were actually one of the cheapest yet most beautiful that we could find, and only cost around $3 psf. This was within our ID's stipulated budget =) The kitchen tiles were more expensive at $4 psf but we had to get it because we loved the look and feel of it. Almost everyone who has come to the house has been fooled by it - when we tell them that's it's actually ceramic tiles instead of wood, they look quite surprised haha.

As for ease of maintaining the floors, no complaints there. They stand up well to all sorts of abuse and are relatively easy to clean with a mop/vacuum. :good:

The laminate wall has also held up pretty well and you can just occasionally vacuum it or clean it with a damp towel to maintain it. It's actually nice to have a very woody/rustic type of wall backdrop when you're watching tv - creates a v good contrast IMO.

Took a quick look at your potential table - my only concern is the seller rating as well as number of transactions. There should be plenty of stores with this type/style of table so choose your vendor carefully. Shipping wise, I paid about $180 just to ship our dining table which dimensions are 180 cm x 90 cm, and packed into 2 boxes (1 for the legs and 1 for the table top). Of course if you use Amcon like OceanEleven (see post below) did, you would be able to save a bit on shipping but you may have to do more coordination as well. Oh yes you may want to ask whether the table can be flat packed (the table legs in particular), otherwise the increased volumetric weight will mean that you have to pay extra for shipping.

Quality wise, the table actually came in very good condition as they (meaning the seller & Peeka) packed it well and in wooden frames for additional support. Unfortunately, our taobao vendor did not provide the correct screws and we had to hunt high and low for the right screw thread sizing. We kindda had a disaster with the eventual set up of the table as some of the screws went right through the table! If we had exercised a bit of patience, I think we could have solved the problem. Anyway, the point is to find a very reliable table supplier from taobao. Nevertheless, we're still using the table for dining, and apart from the obvious defects with the table, it has held up well and looks good. The defects have actually become somewhat of a conversation starter, so it has gotten a bit of 'character' through the whole process. hahah. :lol:

As above =)

Using table when package is 2m x 1m x 0.5m = 1m3

Base on Amcon rates = RMB550 + SGD35 + GST. Deliver to door step.

haha bro, thanks as usual for being my admin :bleah:

Long time no see man, hope you're doing fine and that the house is coming along nicely!