Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vicx1234

A "scandustrial" Concept ~ Sengkang Ea

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Some more house updates - it's really starting to come together eh?

Last picture for the lot, our study room blinds!!!:good: Very pleased with the look of it, and even more pleased that it covers up our orange framed windows. haha

ud6f.jpg

Hi,

Where do you get your blinds from? It looks very nice!!

hi hi. really love the feel of your house. din know got cement-lookalike tiles!

was wondering whether can you send me your reno quotation from your ID and a rough est of the total costs of your reno plus furniture?

thanks in advance~

Hi guys, sorry I haven't updated in a while because we have been busy with our newborn daughter!! :yeah: She was born on 14th September and life has been hectic since. Now that we finally have some sort of schedule planned out for our daughter, I have some spare time to update this blog. Thanks for staying tuned!

Woo.... Your reno is so AWESOME! Esp the bar area, so hotel feel!

Could you share the tb link for your dinning table and selena sink? and how much did you paid for shipping for the items?

:)

thanks adrian! We like the hotel feel also, but hopefully it's not TOO much like a hotel otherwise will lose the feel of a cosy home, heh.

Here's the link for our dining table as well as selena sink together with the accessories, in that order:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=15293165479

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220o.1000855.1998025129.2.nrVjGN&id=21023107851&rn=&acm=03054.1003.1.102023&uuid=RWPbRddm_18WMDLIsMxMCAWcLMooux6gp&abtest=_AB-LR32-PV32_833&scm=1003.1.03054.ITEM_21023107851_102023&pos=2

Paid about $180 to ship the table, and another $60 to ship the sink :~ Not the cheapest but still cheaper than buying from Singapore.

Hi Vic your pkace looks absolutely gorgeous.! Do u mind sharing contact fir the wooden blinds the dual taps in kitchen n the matte black fan? Thanks again

Thank you Tabofamily! For the dual taps in the kitchen, you may click the link to the sink provided above. It will be somewhere in the seller's online store. I bought it together with the sink as a package.

We got the matte black fan from Chan Huat Lighting down at Balestier (model: Crestar ICOL). As for the wooden blinds, please contact Serene @ 9057 7642. :lol:

Hi,
Where do you get your blinds from? It looks very nice!!

Thanks! Look for Serene at the contact number listed just above. Cheers!

hi hi. really love the feel of your house. din know got cement-lookalike tiles!

was wondering whether can you send me your reno quotation from your ID and a rough est of the total costs of your reno plus furniture?

thanks in advance~

pm-ed you!

SPENGUIN - possibly the prettiest cushions around
It's been a while since I updated this blog regarding our random purchases, but this particular one deserves mention, not merely because it is from a homegrown independent outfit, but also because IMO they provide the prettiest and ever colourful cushion covers at reasonable prices (I believe there are other soft furnishings that will be added to their range). :good: It's so hard to find good and reasonably priced soft furnishings in Singapore, so if you're a tactile person like I am and love soft furnishings, you have to check them out.
Here's introducing SPENGUIN cushions which are put together in Singapore with fabric sourced from overseas. While the product selection is still limited as is the case with all new outfits, what struck me was the quality of the selection. If you're a fan of at least one of the following print patterns: Aztec, Chevron, Nautical, Moroccan, Oriental or Peacock prints, you can be sure to find something you like. Great selection of colours too if I may say so myself!! The colours do pop, so it's best if you throw them onto neutral coloured furniture.

To me, the print that really screamed 'PICK ME' was the Moroccan in Sky Blue/Red print which is pictured below. It will pop on any piece of furniture for sure, which is kindda the point isn't it? And so I got it anyway - with free local delivery, why not?? :D :D :D
IMG_6827_1_1024x1024_zps8c424093.jpg
A few short days later, look what arrives in the mail! I was very impressed with the way the cushion cover was packed and wrapped - there's something quite pretty about wrapping packages with twine. Oh yes, I did wish it came with the cushion inserts as well but hey, those are easily available at Metro and Ikea so well, who's complaining.
2014-09-05124355_zps7c2f3469.jpg
And so here it is proudly displayed on our living room couch. I think the warm lighting that we use in our house doesn't do the product justice. It really stands out in the day, especially with natural lighting.

IMG_0090_zps10e46fbb.jpg
IMG_0078_zps0aed0e95.jpg
Here's a close up of the SPenguin tag on the cushion cover - anyway, I have no idea what SPenguin stands for (Singapore Penguin? Scandinavian Penguin?) I need to ask the owner sometime! :jammin:
IMG_0085_zpsc7f6c1af.jpg
Here's another of my favourite prints available in the store, a half and half of sorts (Mini Chevron Colour Block in Orchid)
IMG_6741_1_1024x1024_zps536c0294.jpg
Ok but seriously, you have to get at least one of these pretty things for your new home. I've provided the website link below for your easy reference. Also, feel free to follow Spenguin on their various social media accounts.
FB - https://www.facebook.com/spenguinshop

Instagram: @spenguinshop

SPENGUIN - possibly the prettiest cushions around
It's been a while since I updated this blog regarding our random purchases, but this particular one deserves mention, not merely because it is from a homegrown independent outfit, but also because IMO they provide the prettiest and ever colourful cushion covers at reasonable prices (I believe there are other soft furnishings that will be added to their range). :good: It's so hard to find good and reasonably priced soft furnishings in Singapore, so if you're a tactile person like I am and love soft furnishings, you have to check them out.
Here's introducing SPENGUIN cushions which are put together in Singapore with fabric sourced from overseas. While the product selection is still limited as is the case with all new outfits, what struck me was the quality of the selection. If you're a fan of at least one of the following print patterns: Aztec, Chevron, Nautical, Moroccan, Oriental or Peacock prints, you can be sure to find something you like. Great selection of colours too if I may say so myself!! The colours do pop, so it's best if you throw them onto neutral coloured furniture.

To me, the print that really screamed 'PICK ME' was the Moroccan in Sky Blue/Red print which is pictured below. It will pop on any piece of furniture for sure, which is kindda the point isn't it? And so I got it anyway - with free local delivery, why not?? :D :D :D
IMG_6827_1_1024x1024_zps8c424093.jpg
A few short days later, look what arrives in the mail! I was very impressed with the way the cushion cover was packed and wrapped - there's something quite pretty about wrapping packages with twine. Oh yes, I did wish it came with the cushion inserts as well but hey, those are easily available at Metro and Ikea so well, who's complaining.
2014-09-05124355_zps7c2f3469.jpg
And so here it is proudly displayed on our living room couch. I think the warm lighting that we use in our house doesn't do the product justice. It really stands out in the day, especially with natural lighting.

IMG_0090_zps10e46fbb.jpg
IMG_0078_zps0aed0e95.jpg
Here's a close up of the SPenguin tag on the cushion cover - anyway, I have no idea what SPenguin stands for (Singapore Penguin? Scandinavian Penguin?) I need to ask the owner sometime! :jammin:
IMG_0085_zpsc7f6c1af.jpg
Here's another of my favourite prints available in the store, a half and half of sorts (Mini Chevron Colour Block in Orchid)
IMG_6741_1_1024x1024_zps536c0294.jpg
wah... very nice... u poisoning me... i just paid up all my reno bills to my contractor and electrician....super poor now.. but home accessories really make the place look good :P
Ok but seriously, you have to get at least one of these pretty things for your new home. I've provided the website link below for your easy reference. Also, feel free to follow Spenguin on their various social media accounts.
FB - https://www.facebook.com/spenguinshop

Instagram: @spenguinshop

Mai tu liao, just buy!! :notti:

Ya but seriously, we felt really poor after paying all our bills too. Each bill was so big - not used to spending on big ticket items but I have to keep telling myself it's all worth it. Of course, have to exercise a bit of financial prudence when budgeting.

Decor and furnishing is very impt IMO. It's brings our character in your home!

wah... very nice... u poisoning me... i just paid up all my reno bills to my contractor and electrician....super poor now.. but home accessories really make the place look good :P

I am in love with your house! I love the black frames! Definitely an inspiration for my upcoming reno I plan to get track lights in addition... but need to find a good ID first, and plus wont look as fully made up as yours cause on budget, hehe.

Ya but seriously, we felt really poor after paying all our bills too. Each bill was so big - not used to spending on big ticket items but I have to keep telling myself it's all worth it. Of course, have to exercise a bit of financial prudence when budgeting.

Nice find vic! getting me tempted as well....hope you are enjoying daddy's time :thumbs up:

The cushion covers are of a rough material. Won't fur ... V nice designs but quite pricey but good indulgence if u going for the design. Definitely not material for a $40 cushion cover. Hahah

wow i love the cushion covers and how it makes the sofa pop! How is the material like? Does it fur easily?