Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I have bought a mattress from them before, cheap and good. It came as scheduled and they gave a $25 or so voucher which I did not use in the end. No complaints, but then again I just bought a mattress. Not too sure about the quality of their other furniture items. Looks to be pretty standard quality.

I have bought a mattress from them before, cheap and good. It came as scheduled and they gave a $25 or so voucher which I did not use in the end. No complaints, but then again I just bought a mattress. Not too sure about the quality of their other furniture items. Looks to be pretty standard quality.

Thanks mate

As they does not have any showroom or physical items to view, and were promise that if the items arrive and we are not satisfied, we can no need to pay a single cents for them to bring back. Sounds interesting but how can it be?

Are you referring to the line below in their FAQ? My take is that they will only accept returns if there's something physically wrong with the product or if it differs from the description, e.g wrong colour, different model etc. If what you bought is what was pictured online, I highly doubt you can just return it that easy. In this case, the term "satisfied" which you used can be quite a subjective term, so I doubt that they would put themselves at the risk of having to accept returns just because a customer doesn't think it's as nice as pictured online.

Do clarify with them again if you're still unsure bro.

"Can I reject the product upon delivery if I'm not satisfied with it? Yes, you may reject the product if it isn't in a satisfactory condition (damaged, scratched, dented, soiled, different from description etc) upon delivery at NO added cost."

Are you referring to the line below in their FAQ? My take is that they will only accept returns if there's something physically wrong with the product or if it differs from the description, e.g wrong colour, different model etc. If what you bought is what was pictured online, I highly doubt you can just return it that easy. In this case, the term "satisfied" which you used can be quite a subjective term, so I doubt that they would put themselves at the risk of having to accept returns just because a customer doesn't think it's as nice as pictured online.

Do clarify with them again if you're still unsure bro.

"Can I reject the product upon delivery if I'm not satisfied with it? Yes, you may reject the product if it isn't in a satisfactory condition (damaged, scratched, dented, soiled, different from description etc) upon delivery at NO added cost."

Thanks bro

Called them

They said........ "yes, return and they collect back instantly without paying a single cent...." So good meh?

Thanks bro

Called them

They said........ "yes, return and they collect back instantly without paying a single cent...." So good meh?

haha, your guess is as good as mine there. It could be genuine case of "good customer service", but it could also be that they just want to clinch the deal. Maybe others who have actually successfully returned their purchases can guide you. On the other hand, it could well be that their goods are so good that nobody returns them. If you are not confident and the price is not cheap, maybe it's best to stay away especially if you see something similar in a physical store. If you have seen it physically in the store and 40two is selling the same thing in their store for much cheap, might be safe to get from them. Buying things online is always a risk bro, but some risks can have big payoffs, like shopping on Taobao which i like. haha

haha, your guess is as good as mine there. It could be genuine case of "good customer service", but it could also be that they just want to clinch the deal. Maybe others who have actually successfully returned their purchases can guide you. On the other hand, it could well be that their goods are so good that nobody returns them. If you are not confident and the price is not cheap, maybe it's best to stay away especially if you see something similar in a physical store. If you have seen it physically in the store and 40two is selling the same thing in their store for much cheap, might be safe to get from them. Buying things online is always a risk bro, but some risks can have big payoffs, like shopping on Taobao which i like. haha

Thanks bro...... I still prefer to shop in showroom that have item display! Cheers

Hello! Online stores are picking up now but there is still the perception that shopping online is a risk, usually associated with the product delivered as not being the same as the one shown online. I've not shopped at fortytwo so I can't comment. But here's the pros and cons of an online store vis-a-vis a physical shopfront.

Pros of an Online Store:
1) Cheaper - In the sense that operational overheads and costs associated with running a physical shopfront is non-existent. That takes about 40 to 70% off the costs.

2) Convenient to deal. It's a phone call away without the crazy upselling by sales associates on-site. No pressure at all.

Cons of an Online Store:

1) The touch and feel factor is absent. This is usually an important factor in the purchasing decision.

2) Products may differ from what is shown online.

Pros of a physical shopfront:
1) Touch and feel factor is there.

2) More credibility since products are there as it is.

Cons of a physical shopfront:

1) More expensive as operational overheads mentioned above are passed down the consumers.

2) Some retail stores may go as far as compromising on quality just so that they can keep the prices low. They can't go low on operational overheads as that is a fixed cost.

If you're going to shop online, make sure you have black and white on return, exchanges, refund policy. At least request for fabric and wood samples of the furniture you intend to buy. Check for customer reviews as well. These are all factors to consider so you can shop with confidence.

On another note, here's a shameless plug: I'm a furniture designer with Castlery.com. It's an online store like fortytwo as well. But if you need more convincing, let me know :)

Hello! Online stores are picking up now but there is still the perception that shopping online is a risk, usually associated with the product delivered as not being the same as the one shown online. I've not shopped at fortytwo so I can't comment. But here's the pros and cons of an online store vis-a-vis a physical shopfront.

Pros of an Online Store:

1) Cheaper - In the sense that operational overheads and costs associated with running a physical shopfront is non-existent. That takes about 40 to 70% off the costs.

2) Convenient to deal. It's a phone call away without the crazy upselling by sales associates on-site. No pressure at all.

Cons of an Online Store:

1) The touch and feel factor is absent. This is usually an important factor in the purchasing decision.

2) Products may differ from what is shown online.

Pros of a physical shopfront:

1) Touch and feel factor is there.

2) More credibility since products are there as it is.

Cons of a physical shopfront:

1) More expensive as operational overheads mentioned above are passed down the consumers.

2) Some retail stores may go as far as compromising on quality just so that they can keep the prices low. They can't go low on operational overheads as that is a fixed cost.

If you're going to shop online, make sure you have black and white on return, exchanges, refund policy. At least request for fabric and wood samples of the furniture you intend to buy. Check for customer reviews as well. These are all factors to consider so you can shop with confidence.

On another note, here's a shameless plug: I'm a furniture designer with Castlery.com. It's an online store like fortytwo as well. But if you need more convincing, let me know :)

Hi thanks,

I visited your website, it's very expensive comparing to other online store..... cheers

Okay, I have bought three beds, three mattresses, pillows and mattress protectors from them. Previously in another post on the forum I said they were good (eg good customer service, decent prices, and delivered on time). However, within six months, the bed frames have gone very mouldy. I contacted them to ask what to do, and they said several customers have this same issue, but it isn't a fault per se. This made me made.... I didn't ever try to claim it was a fault, I simply asked them if there was a solution. Anyway, it turns out the faux leather on the beds is not suitable for tropical environment. There is no warning on the website about this, and I think it is fairly misleading. We've never had a mould problem at our house (8 years in Singapore) since the first week we arrived and we bought mouldy furniture from Novena Furniture which we discared after one month.

So my learning from this is to be VERY careul witih buying cheap furniture, wherever it is from. Make sure that any leather or chipboard is treated appropriately for topical weather.

My advice: avoid them at all cost no matter how limited your budget or how cheap it is. It's just not worth it. My wife and I learned the hard way so we don't want you to do the same! 

We bought a 6-piece bedroom set years back from this company (they were called beds.sg then; I think they changed their name for obvious reasons). Everything was well AT FIRST. However, just a few weeks later, we started seeing moulds growing all over the wardrobe, drawers (TV cabinet, dresser, wardrobe, side table), behind and under the bed, seat and dresser. Basically, it was all over! Could you imagine that happening to you and you have to sleep in such conditions? We have to burn our weekends to treat and clean away the moulds every 2 to 3 weeks (sometimes more frequently as they were just growing too quickly). It was a horrible and very painful experience I would never wish for anyone to go through.

We wrote to them for help to see if there is any remedy to stop the growth but they simply brushed away all responsibilities by telling us that the moulds are growing due to the high humidity of our house and offered no solution or apology. We are staying at the high floor which is very windy most of the time. We do not stay near the coast or reservoir and we often air our room so humidity should not be any higher than other houses in Singapore. 

We were a newly married couple then. Our budget was tight so we tried to save as much as we could.. Buying from them was our biggest mistake and regret. The time, frustration and agony cost way more than the little savings you can get buying from them. Think carefully before making the same mistake we did!

Edited by davidleetp

I bought from them before. The quality is really good. But I prefer to buy from Taobao.com. 

Most of my house furnitures are all from Taobao. Cheap, and better quality than most local retailers. 

I bought several times - the return on the spot is not true. They only accept it for a big fault - like a crack or tear or rust.

Reading Ng these reviews good to see Oh so I’m not the only one!!!

yeah u think it’s cheap but it’s terrible quality with mouldy, bed bugs and worst customer service. 

Don’t buy from them!

they say since they’re an online store u can refuse the item, but it’s not true. You pay and then you’re stuck with it. And your delivery fees too :Ooo