Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

Hi Ocean11,

Thanks for sharing the TB & TM payment and shipping procedure.

May I ask if we are to use Amcon, we have to fulfill minimum 1CBM?

The "danger" of this is that we have to "force" ourselves to consolidate and buy many things (some things which may not be needed, which could turn into white elephants later on?). I think Amcon is good during reno stage?

In the case of small items (e.g. post reno stage or just casual online shopping that cannot reach 1CBM), which agent/forwarder would you likely to use or recommend?

Thanks. :)

I think the "danger" is overrated especially for new home makers. In the first place, there no such issue such as buying things which may not be needed.

In the first place, new home owners have nothing to begin with, so buying anything is not unnecessary will not exactly happen.

There are so many things you may want and need in the early reno stage.

Kitchen Sink, basins x 2, toilet accessories, foyer table, coffee table, side table, dining chairs & table.

Smaller things like clocks, cart trolley, posters, hangers, clothes peg, deco stuffs etc

All you need is a proper planning. Make sure things come in time for plumbing, electrical etc.

Eg. when flooring is ready, one empty room is available to store everything.

This was what I did. PLANNING. Things arrive in time for reno to be fix and install.

I did mine shopping one time, all major items included. Now I am still Taobaoing but more for wants than needs.

To your question of fulfilling Amcon 1cbm requirement. There is no need to meet this min requirement but Amcon will charge as 1 cbm.

A lot of time, it depends on the item you are buying, you may feel it is big but actually the volume is pretty small.

Eg a dining table of 1.8m length. The package may be only 2m x 1m x 0.3m = 0.6m3 and you are still short of 0.4m3

Then again, perhaps this table is selling at SGD2200 local but TB offers similar or equivalent at RMB4500.

So doing the math using Amcon = RMB4500 + SGD110 (Freight) + SGD35 (Documentation) + RMB315 (GST).

At a rate of SGD1 = RMB4.7 means total is SGD1169.46.

So you have a saving of SGD1030 now. I guess meeting the 1 cbm does not really matter here.

Post reno or casual I am unable to comment as I have yet to use any other forwarder such as Daigou or Peeka.

I would rather wait or share the freight to meet 1 cbm with other like minded folks. All you need is one pax buying a sink and you have a good head start. :)

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ahh. I get it now. And yes I'm sure everyone wants my money. I'm just afraid that I won't be able to read the Chinese enough to know where to click "pay" lol.

Thanks for the info! Will go set up my accounts first. Heh

Bro, really like this wallclock. How much do you pay for it include the shipping fees??

Thanks.

I had consolidated all my purchase and shipped via Amcon.

Individual cost not available.

• Like 1

MBR Wardrobe

Nope. We did not do any walk in wardrobe despite we have the space and layout.

Main reason, been there, done that. Most walk in wardrobe comes in open concept or pole system.

We have one in current place, not that it is not nice but simply when it comes to dust, it is simply overbearing.

This is despite wardrobe locate in a room that NEVER opens the windows and air conditioned.

So this time round, no more WIW.

The wardrobe fills up one side of the MBR, approx. 16ft.

Comes with internal PVC, full casement doors.

IMG-20140529-WA0063.jpg

IMG-20140529-WA0065.jpg.

IMG-20140529-WA0071.jpg

IMG-20140529-WA0074.jpg

IMG-20140604-WA0043.jpg

This is right at the end, next to the window. Open space shelves.

Complete length full maximized.

MBR Wardrobe

Nope. We did not do any walk in wardrobe despite we have the space and layout.

Main reason, been there, done that. Most walk in wardrobe comes in open concept or pole system.

We have one in current place, not that it is not nice but simply when it comes to dust, it is simply overbearing.

This is despite wardrobe locate in a room that NEVER opens the windows and air conditioned.

So this time round, no more WIW.

The wardrobe fills up one side of the MBR, approx. 16ft.

Comes with internal PVC, full casement doors.

IMG-20140529-WA0063.jpg

IMG-20140529-WA0065.jpg.

IMG-20140529-WA0071.jpg

IMG-20140529-WA0074.jpg

IMG-20140604-WA0043.jpg

This is right at the end, next to the window. Open space shelves.

Complete length full maximized.

Dust is one thing, the other thing to consider is also the need to put all our clothing, bags and shoes in a boutique like condition at all times. That's hard to achieve consistently!

Your carpentry is coming up very nicely, camping for more pics :)

• Like 2

Dust is one thing, the other thing to consider is also the need to put all our clothing, bags and shoes in a boutique like condition at all times. That's hard to achieve consistently!

Yes, this is one of the main reason also. I had enough of the different sizes and colour of the hangers.

It look so messy and unsightly, thrown in the variation of clothing....that's it. :curse:

Yes, this is one of the main reason also. I had enough of the different sizes and colour of the hangers.

It look so messy and unsightly, thrown in the variation of clothing....that's it. :curse:

LOL, you won't face the issue in your new home!

I'm going to get all the hangers from TB at one shot. Make sure all the hangers are alike even though mine's casement wardrobe as well :P

16 feet of wardrobe!! Can play hide and seek....

16 ft is about 490cm. Wah! Super envious!

Thanks guys, after reading the floor plan, I think it is closer to 5.5m. :good:

• Like 1

LOL, you won't face the issue in your new home!

I'm going to get all the hangers from TB at one shot. Make sure all the hangers are alike even though mine's casement wardrobe as well :P

For the hangers I think you get from Qoo10 is more worth it.