Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

LOL, you won't face the issue in your new home!

I'm going to get all the hangers from TB at one shot. Make sure all the hangers are alike even though mine's casement wardrobe as well :P

I got mine from TB already. All 150 pieces of them. 1RMB each. Velvet cloth.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.83.D9D514&id=19276836864

20140526_174505.jpg

20140526_174518.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

OceanEleven

Enjoy reading your TBLOG. Thank you so much for sharing about TAOBAO. :good:

May I ask you about consolidating the purchases. May I know how to consolidate the purchases from various sellers from TAOBAO/TMALL to ship all items at one go? What are the procedures?

Thanks

For the hangers I think you get from Qoo10 is more worth it.

You bought yours there? Any reviews on them?

I got mine from TB already. All 150 pieces of them. 1RMB each. Velvet cloth.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.83.D9D514&id=19276836864

Nice, is it really anti-slip as stated in TB? I've shortlisted similar style of hanger too, but in grey to fit the house theme..

Hey OceanEleven, any advise for hob/hood/oven? :notti:

Nope, I dont have any advise. Purely depends on how deep is your pocket.

Some pointers you may want to take note though, such as induction stove are most costly.

And also not all pots and pan works on induction. For one, wok is out of the question.

May not suitable for old school mums. Stainless Steel or glass are personal preference.

Both are hard to maintain, but SS more prone to scratches.

Hood I prefer those without any changeable foil or filter type. I find them very messy to clean and remove.

Those collect the oil and fumes are better. IMO only.

Oven, depends how much you are willing to spend. Those self cleaning one are good because, well, self cleaning.

All residues and stain are "brunt" to ashes and wipe out. It will save you the agony of cleaning after a Xmas roast.

Full self cleaning type will set you back min 1.8k for most major brands.

Nice, is it really anti-slip as stated in TB? I've shortlisted similar style of hanger too, but in grey to fit the house theme..

Wen, have yet to use them. Velvet material should provide some friction.

Doubt fully anti slip for heavy clothing and read somewhere that the velvet may have micro fiber clinging on to the clothing.

Some recommend to wipe the hangers prior to using, may reduce the micro fiber.

Anyway, for this price, cant be too fussy, got to make do with it.

• Like 1

OceanEleven

Enjoy reading your TBLOG. Thank you so much for sharing about TAOBAO. :good:

May I ask you about consolidating the purchases. May I know how to consolidate the purchases from various sellers from TAOBAO/TMALL to ship all items at one go? What are the procedures?

Thanks

As mentioned in my earlier post, first identify your forwarder. In my case, I employed the service of Amcon.

So I will make my purchase, informing the seller to input delivery address as "Amcon address/My address". (Refer to my earlier post)

The 2 addresses is for seller to send to Amcon and your address for Amcon to identify that it is your item.

If you are consolidating, then please email to Amcon, informing them the "Amcon address/My address".

Instruct them not to send until you give the green light as you are consolidating.

Next follow up with a phone call to Amcon to confirm they received the mail and understood your intention.

So far Amcon aint a big fan of replying email so do your part to chip in the effort.

When you are ready to ship, please prepare a list for Amcon.

Details needed : Domestic delivery number (快递单号), delivery company name(快递公司名), item description, quantity and value.

All these can be found on your Taobao account under purchased item.

Info are need for Amcon to ensure all items have arrived at Amcon warehouse and ready for shipping.

Also for custom declaration and GST purposes.

Hope the above helps. Happy shopping.

So does it mean that everytime seller ships something out to Amcon, u will have to email them / call them to inform that you have a package?

Or do u wait till u have a few items being sent out then u inform? As some big items might takes longer for them to send out while smaller items in ready stock might be sent out in a few days time..

So does it mean that everytime seller ships something out to Amcon, u will have to email them / call them to inform that you have a package?

Or do u wait till u have a few items being sent out then u inform? As some big items might takes longer for them to send out while smaller items in ready stock might be sent out in a few days time..

You only need to inform Amcon once that you are consolidating and do not ship out your purchase till you are ready.

Multiple reminder are not require and unnecessary.

Do so when your FIRST item is ship out and not wait for a few to ship out and NOT when a few items are ship out.

You have to plan your purchase. Start with those which require long delivery time, mainly furniture which needs time to fabricate.

Eg. if the table require 2 weeks to deliver, then you can buy those with stock available items on the 9th or 10th day.

You have to monitor the delivery of your purchase via TB.

Prepare the list mentioned in earlier post and send to Amcon. Once all items arrived, Amcon will ship out directly.

Living Room Cabinet, TV Console and Altar

Running along the wall from the main door. Covering approx. 20 odd feet if I remember correctly.

IMG-20140604-WA0049.jpg

View with back facing the main door.

IMG-20140604-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20140604-WA0053.jpg

Craft Brick Wall

Been wondering for quite some time if wanna do brick wall.

Wanted to add a little something for the living hall, else look too bland.

Wall paper seems a good option but the future staining and peeling is a consideration.

So the brick wall idea surfaced and kept circling in my mind.

Some say brick wall collects dust, hard to maintain and not child safe.

Thinking the years I've been living in HDB, the number of times I clean the walls can be counted with one hand

I guess that dont bother me that much and a child is only safe when he/she is sleeping. :bleah:

Cost is a major factor, crafts bricks selling in Singapore aint cheap, SGD80 per box to begin with.

Covering approx. 1m2 per box and given average height of 2.8m, you will need 3boxes for 1m length.

Additional catered for wastage and crack bricks. So if you are doing 4m, means 12 boxes x $80 = $960.

So the alternative is to search overseas for supply and found one in Msia.

Price per box is 50% cheaper than local and makes me wonder the taxes, transport, GST, profit etc cost how much?

Buying is easy, make a call and arrange the deal but delivery cost is hefty, think is approx. $100 or $200 per trip from Msia

So I arrange a trip in and brought in all 22 packs of craft bricks and mind you, they are HEAVY!!!

Please, if anyone buying craft bricks without delivery, PLEASE prepare a trolley.

love bricks wall !! can teach me how u manage to order from malaysia n ask them to send to sg?

I tried email the factory in malaysia itself but they tell me only delivery in msia =(

your 22 carton is for how big of a wall?

Craft Brick Wall

Been wondering for quite some time if wanna do brick wall.

Wanted to add a little something for the living hall, else look too bland.

Wall paper seems a good option but the future staining and peeling is a consideration.

So the brick wall idea surfaced and kept circling in my mind.

Some say brick wall collects dust, hard to maintain and not child safe.

Thinking the years I've been living in HDB, the number of times I clean the walls can be counted with one hand

I guess that dont bother me that much and a child is only safe when he/she is sleeping. :bleah:

Cost is a major factor, crafts bricks selling in Singapore aint cheap, SGD80 per box to begin with.

Covering approx. 1m2 per box and given average height of 2.8m, you will need 3boxes for 1m length.

Additional catered for wastage and crack bricks. So if you are doing 4m, means 12 boxes x $80 = $960.

So the alternative is to search overseas for supply and found one in Msia.

Price per box is 50% cheaper than local and makes me wonder the taxes, transport, GST, profit etc cost how much?

Buying is easy, make a call and arrange the deal but delivery cost is hefty, think is approx. $100 or $200 per trip from Msia

So I arrange a trip in and brought in all 22 packs of craft bricks and mind you, they are HEAVY!!!

Please, if anyone buying craft bricks without delivery, PLEASE prepare a trolley.

hey bro... i dont tink you need to wory abt the dust thing... i dont remember seeing any Fox or Hush Puppies staff feather dusting their brick walls....furthermore, the added advantage abt brick wall is that u dont need to paint it.... bagus rite~~