Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

hey bro Ocean11,

roughly how much did ur contractor charge u for labour to lay the craftbricks?

i'm also intending to buy craftbricks from jb too to lay a 1.5m x 2.8m wall in my living room...

thanks~

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

love bricks wall !! can teach me how u manage to order from malaysia n ask them to send to sg?

I tried email the factory in malaysia itself but they tell me only delivery in msia =(

your 22 carton is for how big of a wall?

As mentioned earlier, ordering is straight forward. Call them and arrange for a delivery.

For delivery to Singapore, you have to pay additional for transport which they can arrange.

I believe they outsource the delivery to other people.

If you opt for delivery, do confirm with them if it is delivery to the door step.

1 box covers approx. 1m2. Average height of HDB approx. 2.8m.

So per meter needs about 3boxes. the 0.2m2 count is as wastage and crack tiles.

With this, you can estimate number of boxes needed.

coz when i contact them abt the bricks.. they told me malaysia factory deliver within JB FOC. if SG, they ask me contact SG office and buy in SG which is more ex like double the cost..

hey bro... i dont tink you need to wory abt the dust thing... i dont remember seeing any Fox or Hush Puppies staff feather dusting their brick walls....furthermore, the added advantage abt brick wall is that u dont need to paint it.... bagus rite~~

Very true indeed. I have no intention to dust or clean the wall.

Perhaps the best shot at cleaning is the annual vacuuming only. :bleah:

hey bro Ocean11,

roughly how much did ur contractor charge u for labour to lay the craftbricks?

i'm also intending to buy craftbricks from jb too to lay a 1.5m x 2.8m wall in my living room...

thanks~

Labour cost is subjective. Contractors/IDs charges varies in amount.

The norm is never below 1K min. The longer the wall obviously the higher the cost.

But dont be surprise that a 2.5m cost similar to a 3m wall.

coz when i contact them abt the bricks.. they told me malaysia factory deliver within JB FOC. if SG, they ask me contact SG office and buy in SG which is more ex like double the cost..

Yes, delivery in JB is FOC. I had checked and confirmed that they do deliver to Singapore but as mentioned, they outsource.

Cost per trip is SGD250, excluding GST and delivery to below your block only and not to your unit.

So you have to be there for collection and payment and make sure you have a trolley.

Else can consider to borrow/rent a car for the purpose if quantity is not big. Car rental can get as low as SGD80 per day.

Best solution, get a car, meet them at the Shell petrol station right after Woodlands customs for the transaction.

Whole process less than a hour.

hmmm but like your case.. 22 cartons.. does it fit into a normal sedan car? so I guess u self collected from the Shell petrol station after Woodlands custom?

Ocean11, I almost died when I saw ur brick wall! V v nice!!

Hold your horses!

Not the right choice of words coming from you now! Mr. Foo will be worry if he sees this. :bleah:

Thanks for the compliment but credit is to Mr. Foo. A great job he did by getting the Masters to do the work.

hmmm but like your case.. 22 cartons.. does it fit into a normal sedan car? so I guess u self collected from the Shell petrol station after Woodlands custom?

A sedan car perhaps 8 boxes is the max in the boot. Counting the passenger seat behind maybe another 6 boxes perhaps.

I will post the box size and pic later this evening. Per box is 15kg I think.

And yes, I collected from the Shell petrol station, which I had stated in earlier post.

So urs must be a big car to be able to carry 22 cartons back.. mine is a Getz LOL I doubt I can even bring 10 cartons in my car -.-

By the way, your bricks is it the Teal, CSI-091?

So urs must be a big car to be able to carry 22 cartons back.. mine is a Getz LOL I doubt I can even bring 10 cartons in my car -.-

By the way, your bricks is it the Teal, CSI-091?

Small car also, slightly bigger only. But the weight is hefty, practically driving back with almost no suspension.

Mine is CSI-093. By the way, price increment starting 1st July RM10 per box.

Sales away for a week next week in KL for exhibition.

If keen, can call in and lock in the price and quantity but doubt they will hold stocks for long.

Hi, do you need to declare at the singapore immigration for GST on the 22 cartons? If so, the amt paid shld be around $150? Also any problem from the malaysia custom?

Edited by ebo

Hi, do you need to declare at the singapore immigration for GST on the 22 cartons? If so, the amt paid shld be around $150? Also any problem from the malaysia custom?

Yes. You need to declare at the Singapore customs. Msia customs dont bother what you bring back at all.

Singapore customs allow any personal leaving Singapore less than 24hours to bring back SGD150 worth of goods.

So if you manage to squeeze 4 pax in the car for the 2hour ride, you have SGD600, works out to be RM1500.