Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

bro, just stopped by to have a look. Your renovation is coming along v nicely!

Looking forward to your invite =P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, nice PD door, could you please share the price and where did you get it from? Thanks.

HI!

Same here, can share from which vendor??

thanks!!

I Cant remember the exact price but approx. $450 and $550. (Before discount)

2 range, difference in the frame thickness. Thicker means more support in a way.

I took the thicker frame and got it thru my ID Mr. Foo and was offered a better price.

Yes, some may ask why didnt I go direct. The fact is, I did.

Turns out the price not as attractive as ID price.

This is also one of the nifty part about Mr. Foo. His flexibility in allowing you to get your own stuff is brilliant.

Of course not to the extend that after all things are planned and ordered.

http://www.pddoor.com/contact-us

East Plan 21 Pte Ltd

607 Balestier Road

Singapore 329906

Tel: +65 6356 1833

Fax: +65 6356 1138

Email: eastplan@singnet.com.sg

Swee la your brickwall!!! How come you used PD door? Isnt it super troublesome to open? :X

Matter of getting use to. Once using it for some time, will forget the inconvenience.

Likewise when choosing paint colour, flooring etc. as long as not too "unique", I believe the colours will grow on you. :lol:

Wow ocean11!

nice house you have there! very smart leh your planning and purchase! btw, you did a lot of carpentry huh... crazy big wardrobe and shelving everywhere in the living room.

bro, just stopped by to have a look. Your renovation is coming along v nicely!

Looking forward to your invite =P

Thanks bro! You sure is a "hardworking" man.

Congrats to you. New chapter on the way! :thumbs up:

Hi Ocean,

Your Reno is looking good. So much storage! Just wondering - did you cater space for a sub-woofer in your TV console?

Nope. I did not. The soundbar I bought comes with a wireless sub woofer, so placement is not an issue.

Wow ocean11!

nice house you have there! very smart leh your planning and purchase! btw, you did a lot of carpentry huh... crazy big wardrobe and shelving everywhere in the living room.

Thanks for the kind words. Have to put in effort to stretch the dollar to the max.

Considering the amount of clothing, bedsheets, blankets etc. one have to really get more storage space.

There are no wardrobe in other rooms, so have to max out the space available.

Given we are moving from existing place, there are are tons of things to be move as well.

So careful planning is required. However, any careful planning still equates to more spending. :angry2:

Sneak peep at the Study Room.

I am so glad that all carpentry comes with internal PVC.

It changes the overall look, despite some are actually covered up like a cabinet.

The conventional white is out, always have problems with turning yellowish and any blemishes are magnified.

IMG-20140529-WA0061.jpg

IMG-20140530-WA0033.jpg

• Like 1

bro, I was just reading some of your older posts. You are officially the king of taobao. :bow:

btw really nice internal laminates. I was just thinking the other day while looking at my internal carpentry, that the white looks so ugly. Should have paid a bit more to get it all done up, really makes a huge difference!

Nope. I did not. The soundbar I bought comes with a wireless sub woofer, so placement is not an issue.

U mean the one u buy from amazon comes with a wireless sub woofer??

and lovely laminates for the cupboard.. i also feel that white on the inside is boring and turn yellowish which i dun like.. initially when mr foo quoted u, did he mention abt the inside laminates? did u pay extra for it?

bro, I was just reading some of your older posts. You are officially the king of taobao. :bow:

btw really nice internal laminates. I was just thinking the other day while looking at my internal carpentry, that the white looks so ugly. Should have paid a bit more to get it all done up, really makes a huge difference!

Aint no king of TB. There are folks who did a better job than I did. Merely sharing what I had experienced.

White is more prone to blemishes. Also seems that fungus are attracted to these white finish as well.

U mean the one u buy from amazon comes with a wireless sub woofer??

and lovely laminates for the cupboard.. i also feel that white on the inside is boring and turn yellowish which i dun like.. initially when mr foo quoted u, did he mention abt the inside laminates? did u pay extra for it?

Yes. That sound bar comes with a wireless sub woofer.

• Sound bar with wireless active subwoofer delivers superior surround sound from TV and Blu-ray sources

YAS-201_angled_EN.jpg

Mr. Foo does his carpentry all with internal PVC, it is his norm the standard. So are the ABS trimmings.

Hence I would not say his price is the cheapest around though but also not the costliest.

I think I can phrase it this way, Mr. Foo has a certain standard that he wants to achieve and maintain.

He doesnt fill is plate to the brim but rather has sufficient work to go around.

Some house owners has rather unique expectation or requirement, he will rather forego the client than to push thru.

Eg. we both agreed that glossy white, back, red laminates combinations are very 80s, so if the house owners insists, he will persuade to change.

Else he will rather let it pass. The work he does must pass his self set standard and will not compromised if deem as a poor design.

Some may call it snobbish or arrogant but I view it as having passion and taking pride in his work.

These are some prerequisite when it comes to work, especially for an ID.

If the ID has no passion or pride, what one will get is duplicate of design litter all over this ID's projects.

• Like 1

Yes. That sound bar comes with a wireless sub woofer.

• Sound bar with wireless active subwoofer delivers superior surround sound from TV and Blu-ray sources

YAS-201_angled_EN.jpg

Mr. Foo does his carpentry all with internal PVC, it is his norm the standard. So are the ABS trimmings.

Hence I would not say his price is the cheapest around though but also not the costliest.

I think I can phrase it this way, Mr. Foo has a certain standard that he wants to achieve and maintain.

He doesnt fill is plate to the brim but rather has sufficient work to go around.

Some house owners has rather unique expectation or requirement, he will rather forego the client than to push thru.

Eg. we both agreed that glossy white, back, red laminates combinations are very 80s, so if the house owners insists, he will persuade to change.

Else he will rather let it pass. The work he does must pass his self set standard and will not compromised if deem as a poor design.

Some may call it snobbish or arrogant but I view it as having passion and taking pride in his work.

These are some prerequisite when it comes to work, especially for an ID.

If the ID has no passion or pride, what one will get is duplicate of design litter all over this ID's projects.

I think sense of design really differs from person to person.. One mans meat is another mans poison. Most impt is to find an ID tts aligned with our needs and expectations?

My ID don't recommend coloured internal for kitchen as he find it weird and a waste of money, but say wardrobe is worth to pay extra for coloured.. Haha. So my house is exactly that :)

• Like 1