Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

Hi OceanEleven,

Have you bought taobao through agent like peeka before? Are the fees through agent much more expensive than using Amcon?

Amcon charges if buying yourself = RMB550/cbm + $35 documentation + 7%GST

Amcon charges if Amcon buy for you = RMB550/cbm + $35 documentation + 7%GST + RMB50 per link

I have never use Peeka before but I remember Peeka is more costly than Amcon.

http://buy4u.peeka.sg/rates = Peeka Rates

See the rates and you can mak a comparison.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ocean Eleven, do you have any problem receiving the goods in Taobao after they reach Amcon? I keep trying to accept the goods, but my password is always wrong. What if we did not receive the goods in Taobao? Any idea?

Thanks so much for all the pointers. :)

Dont worry about accepting the goods in Taobao. Accepting them means the money will be release to the seller.

So after certain amount of days of goods arrived and no one accepting, Taobao will auto release the money to seller. :D

• Like 1

Amcon charges if buying yourself = RMB550/cbm + $35 documentation + 7%GST

Amcon charges if Amcon buy for you = RMB550/cbm + $35 documentation + 7%GST + RMB50 per link

I have never use Peeka before but I remember Peeka is more costly than Amcon.

http://buy4u.peeka.sg/rates = Peeka Rates

See the rates and you can mak a comparison.

Ohh ok I see, thank you!

I understand some items come flat pack and we assemble ourselves, but if we are buying sofas/loungers, do you know how they would ship it? I am looking at a replica Eames lounge chair, not sure if should order from taobao because it's close to $600.

Ohh ok I see, thank you!

I understand some items come flat pack and we assemble ourselves, but if we are buying sofas/loungers, do you know how they would ship it? I am looking at a replica Eames lounge chair, not sure if should order from taobao because it's close to $600.

I dont think Eames Lounge Chair come dismantled. Perhaps only the leg support can be loosen for packing.

Else likely gonna be complete chair in 1 box and the foot rest in another.

Overall volume maybe close to 1 cbm. :good:

I replaced all my doors. Main door included. Fire rated 2 ply.

Done by Ricky Ang from An Digital 9099 8233.

Overall a great deal since I am doing 4 doors.

Ricky is attentive and patience in explaining despite I took months to confirm with him,

He came down no less than 3 times to meet, such service oriented attitude is a rare find nowadays. :thumbs up:

20140720_160950.jpg

Close up of the laminate look.

20140720_161627.jpg

The standard handle. Didnt wanna top up to change other design.

20140720_161653.jpg

I dont think Eames Lounge Chair come dismantled. Perhaps only the leg support can be loosen for packing.

Else likely gonna be complete chair in 1 box and the foot rest in another.

Overall volume maybe close to 1 cbm. :good:

Oh ok I see. I guess I shall try my hand at using Amcon when my reno starts. When do you reckon would be a good time to start ordering? I am looking at getting lights, kitchen tap and sink from taobao.

Oh ok I see. I guess I shall try my hand at using Amcon when my reno starts. When do you reckon would be a good time to start ordering? I am looking at getting lights, kitchen tap and sink from taobao.

3-5 weeks before requirement of items. This is including shipping time and delivery to your place. Sea freight estimate at 7-14 days.

This is also subjected to availability of items. If item is available and seller can deliver anytime, then order 7 days in advance from your desired shipping time.

ie Today is 1st August and you want all items to reach you by end August then you must place your order by 10th August.

And all items to reach Amcon by 15th August and then to sea freight out. Estimated will reach you by end August.

Sea freight is subject to China Customs, Singapore Customs etc, hence sometime may face a delay, especially during China long holidays.

Items purchase that needs customization eg. study/dining table, chairs, sofas, please check with seller about delivery time.

Some items may require up to 4 weeks or more to fabricate, hence you ordering time should be much earlier.

eg to sea freight out by mid August for the dining table which need 4 weeks to make, you should have order it as early as 1st July.

Also you need to take into consideration of domestic shipping time.

eg buying from Shanghai to deliver to Amcon Guangzhou may take 5 days or more.

The duration is also very much depending on the local scene such as public holidays.

CNY, 三八, 五一, 十一, 双十一, 中秋 are some dates to take note of.

As mentioned earlier, ordering is straight forward. Call them and arrange for a delivery.

For delivery to Singapore, you have to pay additional for transport which they can arrange.

I believe they outsource the delivery to other people.

If you opt for delivery, do confirm with them if it is delivery to the door step.

1 box covers approx. 1m2. Average height of HDB approx. 2.8m.

So per meter needs about 3boxes. the 0.2m2 count is as wastage and crack tiles.

With this, you can estimate number of boxes needed.

Yes, delivery in JB is FOC. I had checked and confirmed that they do deliver to Singapore but as mentioned, they outsource.

Cost per trip is SGD250, excluding GST and delivery to below your block only and not to your unit.

So you have to be there for collection and payment and make sure you have a trolley.

Else can consider to borrow/rent a car for the purpose if quantity is not big. Car rental can get as low as SGD80 per day.

Best solution, get a car, meet them at the Shell petrol station right after Woodlands customs for the transaction.

Whole process less than a hour.

Interest in Brick Wall is high so update a little more here. Surprisingly many still unable to find the craft brick seller.

Google it and you can get the answer already. They are known as Craftstone International Sdn Bhd located at Kulai, Bukit Batu.

They have an office in Sungei Kadut Street 1 but the price is local price and no free delivery to Singapore.

Call the JB office and Serene is the lady you should speak to.

As mentioned, they do not deliver to Singapore. They outsource the delivery to Singapore. Cost SGD250 per trip.

Delivery only to address site and not to unit. ie downstairs only.

Another alternative is to drive in and meet at the Shell station right after the JB customs.

Depending on the quantity bought, a car should be able to fit in 10 cartons.

Note : Per carton is very heavy. My guess is easily 20kg.

Please declare GST. Per pax may bring in SGD150 worth of items if out of Singapore for less than 24 hrs.

I replaced all my doors. Main door included. Fire rated 2 ply.

Done by Ricky Ang from An Digital 9099 8233.

Overall a great deal since I am doing 4 doors.

Ricky is attentive and patience in explaining despite I took months to confirm with him,

He came down no less than 3 times to meet, such service oriented attitude is a rare find nowadays. :thumbs up:

Hi OceanEleven, can advise whats the damage? PM me? Is the door solid veneer or hollow?

Hi OceanEleven,

Have been following this thread for a while and can say your advise on taobao etc very useful. Have already done a sea freight shipment via Amcon Express 1 month ago.

As for the curtains, I have bought once in taobao several years ago when I was still staying in China - just as disappointed as you. Will be getting my curtains again for my resale hdb at JW 9XX, so this time round will not commit same mistakes.I still do believe good quality is still obtainable from - for instance, ones that go by the brand 易可纺 and FOTN. Have requested sellers to send sample fabrics with me paying just for local delivery. Few other samples have been consolidated by 4px and its on the way now. I will decide which one to order after receiving these samples. I will be ordering total black out curtains and current price in Singapore is totally outrageous, the 2 that was talking about are the top ranges in taobao at RMB120/M3 to RMB200/M3 but still a fraction of the price obtainable here.

Not going to share the links, a little disappointed by the quality.

No it is that bad but kinda fail on some expectation. The curtains are usable, pretty ok I would say.

Did not like the rods I bought, didnt look that great, no gonna use them.

I went for some plain and simple type, using "eyelets" or rig type for easy hanging.

So, for curtains are still ok, value for money, rods etc, can forget it.

if the amount is more than 500... using OCBC frank card has an even better rate.. cause of the 6% rebates...

eNETS rate is so much better then cc. Just bought some stuffs and my exchange rates are 4.9 and 5