Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

YALE YDR323-G

As mentioned in earlier post, to counter the issue of unsightly "add on" and "cover", we had went for the Yale YDR323.

This lock is specially design to meet the needs of the metal gate, opening from inside the house is done via a remote control only.

The remove range is pretty good, within 5-10m is not a problem.

However since we are used to going to the gate to open it, we often forget to unlock the gate via the remote.

It take a little of getting use to on this part but not a big issue. The remote comes with a wall mount, drilling may be required.

IMG-20140703-WA0030.jpg

IMG-20140703-WA0026.jpg

Since we had decided to replace our gate, we have the design in mind to cater for the digital lock.

That is, have a flat surface for the lock to sit on. Hence instead of the numerous grilles design, we have one with thicker frame.

As seen from the picture above, frame is thick and wide, with ample area for the lock to be mounted on.

This consideration is important, especially if you are installing both main door and gate with digital.

Reason being that both lock do not hit each other when both door and gate are closed and also the main door lock is accessible from outside.

Take a look at you own door and gate, especially for those having 2 ply type, it may pose a little challenge for some.

TBC

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I came across a Yale digital lock that doesn't need this metal cover behind.

There is currently a Luxury Home fair going on at Expo - look out for Ho Ho Engineering or something like that. They specialized in metal gates/door/windows. They actually have a demo unit.

The Yale unit is specially created so that the back has no 'unlock' function. You have to use a remote control which u can mount somewhere near. Press and it will unlock.

I think the package price for the Yale digital lock + standard metal gate is ~$988. (<-- I'm aiming at this too)

I find this solution better than those digital lock that have to modify one.

Hi Seowleng,

Do you know the model number of that lock? Is it the same as this?

http://www.yaleasia.com/en/yale/yale-asia/News/2014/News-category/Singapore-launches-Yale-GateLock-for-metal-doors/

YALE YDR323-G

As mentioned in earlier post, to counter the issue of unsightly "add on" and "cover", we had went for the Yale YDR323.

This lock is specially design to meet the needs of the metal gate, opening from inside the house is done via a remote control only.

The remove range is pretty good, within 5-10m is not a problem.

However since we are used to going to the gate to open it, we often forget to unlock the gate via the remote.

It take a little of getting use to on this part but not a big issue. The remote comes with a wall mount, drilling may be required.

IMG-20140703-WA0030.jpg

IMG-20140703-WA0026.jpg

Since we had decided to replace our gate, we have the design in mind to cater for the digital lock.

That is, have a flat surface for the lock to sit on. Hence instead of the numerous grilles design, we have one with thicker frame.

As seen from the picture above, frame is thick and wide, with ample area for the lock to be mounted on.

This consideration is important, especially if you are installing both main door and gate with digital.

Reason being that both lock do not hit each other when both door and gate are closed and also the main door lock is accessible from outside.

Take a look at you own door and gate, especially for those having 2 ply type, it may pose a little challenge for some.

TBC

Hi OceanEleven,

Thanks for the post on your digital lock and metal gate. Really answered many questions that I had. Look forward to more updates! :)

Love your metal gate, btw.

Hi Seowleng,

Do you know the model number of that lock? Is it the same as this?

Yes! Yes!

Looks is similar. Model number I'm not sure. But the salesgirl was saying the wooden door n metal gate one looks the same, but slightly different on the behind part.

The back for the metal gate one, the 'open' switch has been removed. So that 'bad people' cannot put their hands into the metal gate n unlock. It can only be unlock using the remote given. (black squarish thingy with white strip across, and a button, I think so..)

For the main door, we decided to use Samsung SHS-P717

We change the main door as well. The push pull concept is one of the reason we choose this model.

After you replace the main door, you need a lock set and perhaps a handle. Nice handles dont come cheap.

Those we often see with a long vertical bar type cost $100 up. So add the lock set and the handle up, may set you back $400 or more.

So topping up to get the digital lock does makes more sense. The 717 comes with handle, looking clean and sleek and sut the needs.

Samsung SHS-P717 (Push Pull Door Lock Concept)

- PIN/RFID access

- Wide Touch Pad Screen with random security codes

- Double Authorization Access (RFID + PIN)

- Master PIN for any enrolment and deletion

- Emergency external battery terminal

- Emergency mechanical override key

- Indoor wireless Remote Controller (Optional item)

- Alert system for any possible intruders

20140805_222048.jpg

20140805_222245.jpg

The reverse side (inside the house)

20140805_221839.jpg

How much for you gate and gate digital lock set?

how much altogether?

The quoted price is $1500 for both the digital locks.

Edited by OceanEleven

I got all my wooden doors and digital lock from Ricky Ang of An Digital.

A very nice young man who made no less than 3 trips just to confirm the order.

Trips include presentation of the lock, measurement of the doors, supervision of installation plus explanation.

Such sales ethics are worth mentioning and deserves commendation.

Ricky Ang An Digital

HP 90998233

• Like 2

Bro

Where did you get your gate? Ho ho? I did a little google search and they dont seem to have a good rep... Does Rick sell non digital locks?

Thanks

Bro

Where did you get your gate? Ho ho? I did a little google search and they dont seem to have a good rep... Does Rick sell non digital locks?

Thanks

So far dealing with Ricky is a breeze, nothing out of common. Not too sure about other's past experience.

I think he does non digital lock as well but main forte seems to be digital lock.

Gate I got it from Sam HP 9632 1840. I did my balcony windows and all grilles thru him.

Edited by OceanEleven

• Like 1

Ocean bro so the gate and gate lock is 1500? I don't need for wooden door...looking at your gate I think it's solid enough.

Ocean bro so the gate and gate lock is 1500? I don't need for wooden door...looking at your gate I think it's solid enough.

Pardon me, must have misread the queries. The digital locks are quoted at $1500 plus installation.

Gate itself is $1300 if I remember correctly. Separate vendor, from Sam and not Ricky.