Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

OceanEleven,

Been reading your posts for the last hour and boy, aren't you detailed. it was a pleasure to read your insights and explanations. pics of your beautiful home, no need to say liao. those are awesome!

thank you for sharing!

Thanks for the compliment. Simply sharing and noting down own reno journey.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

This is the box up area beside the vertical piping in the kitchen. (on the left of the pic)

The holder is from Amazon, posted earlier. The built is very "plastic" and not as good as I expected.

Nonetheless, it still does the job. However if the rods are too slim, the holder might not be able to hold.

20140902_182602.jpg

Look very neat..:)

I 'heart' this!! Totally LOVE it..

I initially wanted to get those drawing baskets.. but upon seeing this.. i told IDs abt the idea and get them to quote me..

Thanks for sharing OceanEleven!!

Not too sure about the drawing basket but as name applies, basket has holes and uneven, good for pack/box items but certainly not for bottles.

Further to this, some baskets are actually only supported on one side which makes it to be not so sturdy.

Dimension is another factor to consider. Baskets are pre-fab, you can have to choose the width available .

With drawers, you can custom the with to fit your kitchen.

If you are doing this, do get better drawer runners. Look for those that can withstand 30kg or more.

• Like 1

Just log in to say hi, as we also bought a unit near your place 68X...The topic Back to the West caught my attention, same situation with me...I am back to the West again...We have yet to go for the 1st appointment. I was very impressed with your house reno as well as all your TaoBao and Amazon loots...

Would love to order items from TaoBao for our reno too, wish us good luck as I have yet to find out how to order direct right now. I am sure your TaoBao guide would be able to guide me along....Cheers... very informative blog you have....

Look very neat.. :)

Thank you for the kind words. I would not say it's very neat but at least it hides the sticks and rod from open view.

Anyway, to keep it in the cabinet, the mops have to be dry, else there will be some musky smell overtime.

Just log in to say hi, as we also bought a unit near your place 68X...The topic Back to the West caught my attention, same situation with me...I am back to the West again...We have yet to go for the 1st appointment. I was very impressed with your house reno as well as all your TaoBao and Amazon loots...

Would love to order items from TaoBao for our reno too, wish us good luck as I have yet to find out how to order direct right now. I am sure your TaoBao guide would be able to guide me along....Cheers... very informative blog you have....

Yes, the 68X series, nice location with good accessibility. :good:

TB order direct is VERY easy. it is always the waiting for delivery part that is difficult, especially for the first time. :lol:

If need to know more, you can always drop a line here. :sport-smiley-004:

Not too sure about the drawing basket but as name applies, basket has holes and uneven, good for pack/box items but certainly not for bottles.

Further to this, some baskets are actually only supported on one side which makes it to be not so sturdy.

Dimension is another factor to consider. Baskets are pre-fab, you can have to choose the width available .

With drawers, you can custom the with to fit your kitchen.

If you are doing this, do get better drawer runners. Look for those that can withstand 30kg or more.

I used to have drawing baskets from Song-Cho in my previous 2 hses.. love them to max, as i can see my items at one glance.. but like u said.. the unevenness n limited dimensions are the down side..

I have showed this to one of the IDs i have shortlisted.. n he went.. 'Oh this is the blum system' hahaha.. I said.. no.. tis is a look alike blum system drawers..

Will be doing tis for my tall unit and noted on the drawer runners..

Thanks a lot OceanEleven!

I used to have drawing baskets from Song-Cho in my previous 2 hses.. love them to max, as i can see my items at one glance.. but like u said.. the unevenness n limited dimensions are the down side..

I have showed this to one of the IDs i have shortlisted.. n he went.. 'Oh this is the blum system' hahaha.. I said.. no.. tis is a look alike blum system drawers..

Will be doing tis for my tall unit and noted on the drawer runners..

Thanks a lot OceanEleven!

What Song Chu offers is the built of the hardware, ie the stainless steel baskets but I cant comment on the moving parts.

The con is really the limitation of the dimension, no flexibility, take their dimensions and fit in your kitchen.

Yup a look alike Blum Tower unit but minus the cost of Blum.

What you need to pay here are just the runners, while the carpenter can make the drawers with your preferred height, depth and length.

Of cos Blum has a wider range of drawers to choose from, stainless steel, glasses etc but one drawer easily $100 up.

And this additional come from your pocket, carpentry is not gonna reduce cost in any way if you choose Blum drawers.

Matter of fact, I heard scenarios that carpenter charge more if using Blum, citing they need to attend a course to be certified Blum fitter.

So let's take a step back, you want the functionality, cost efficient and aesthetics, get Blum runners and make sure your carpentry comes in Internal PVC coloured. :good:

• Like 1

What Song Chu offers is the built of the hardware, ie the stainless steel baskets but I cant comment on the moving parts.

The con is really the limitation of the dimension, no flexibility, take their dimensions and fit in your kitchen.

Yup a look alike Blum Tower unit but minus the cost of Blum.

What you need to pay here are just the runners, while the carpenter can make the drawers with your preferred height, depth and length.

Of cos Blum has a wider range of drawers to choose from, stainless steel, glasses etc but one drawer easily $100 up.

And this additional come from your pocket, carpentry is not gonna reduce cost in any way if you choose Blum drawers.

Matter of fact, I heard scenarios that carpenter charge more if using Blum, citing they need to attend a course to be certified Blum fitter.

So let's take a step back, you want the functionality, cost efficient and aesthetics, get Blum runners and make sure your carpentry comes in Internal PVC coloured. :good:

Thanks for the great advice here.. Is urs BLUM runners too? I find BLUM is overrated n overpriced due to branding.. Though m not v sure if in terms of quality they r better runners in the mkt..

Thanks for the great advice here.. Is urs BLUM runners too? I find BLUM is overrated n overpriced due to branding.. Though m not v sure if in terms of quality they r better runners in the mkt..

I'd used Blum in almost all hinges and runners in the house, except for some minor carpentry where usage is not high.

Asked my carpenter, he has experience with other make but still find Blum the best in terms of quality.

But I do agree with you that they are pricey, however per hinge set is about $2 if I rem correct. Hinge set meaning hinge and soft closing.

And by hinge, referring to those open to 90 deg and not those 120 deg or more.

Then again, you wont need so many hinge set. A HDB full height cabinet needs about 4 hinges and 2 soft closing is enough. So meaning, 6 parts a door.

Base on this, you can add up and make an estimation of the quantity needed.

I had extreme amount of carpentry, I was told by my carpenter to get 180 hinges but 90 soft closing. Still the sums adds up.

The killer is actually the "Aventos" hydraulic arm, one that is commonly fitted at the dish rack that use to conceal the dish rack.This piece alone is SGD$100 plus.

Then comes the runner, think mine are using Movento, can hold up to 40kg per drawer, good for kitchen for keeping bottles of oil, sauces, seasoning.

If one roast and bake, those cast iron ware are pretty heavy but these runners can hold them up if kept in drawer. ;)

• Like 3

Very nice place... :) I think i chose a similar colour laminate for my kitchen too..

More pics for the rest of your place please..

I'd used Blum in almost all hinges and runners in the house, except for some minor carpentry where usage is not high.

Asked my carpenter, he has experience with other make but still find Blum the best in terms of quality.

But I do agree with you that they are pricey, however per hinge set is about $2 if I rem correct. Hinge set meaning hinge and soft closing.

And by hinge, referring to those open to 90 deg and not those 120 deg or more.

Then again, you wont need so many hinge set. A HDB full height cabinet needs about 4 hinges and 2 soft closing is enough. So meaning, 6 parts a door.

Base on this, you can add up and make an estimation of the quantity needed.

I had extreme amount of carpentry, I was told by my carpenter to get 180 hinges but 90 soft closing. Still the sums adds up.

The killer is actually the "Aventos" hydraulic arm, one that is commonly fitted at the dish rack that use to conceal the dish rack.This piece alone is SGD$100 plus.

Then comes the runner, think mine are using Movento, can hold up to 40kg per drawer, good for kitchen for keeping bottles of oil, sauces, seasoning.

If one roast and bake, those cast iron ware are pretty heavy but these runners can hold them up if kept in drawer. ;)

Wow! Tatz a super detailed information about the BLUM, hinges and runners.. Will check and share with the selected ID and make sure at least 2 drawers can hold up to 40kg.. and the need to have good hinges and runners for the rest.

:) Thanks once again for sharing your knowledge with me..

Very nice place... :) I think i chose a similar colour laminate for my kitchen too..

More pics for the rest of your place please..

Thanks binzz, hope your reno is coming along well and enjoying your shopping. :good:

Yes, now is waiting for carpentry to be up and BCA/HDB to approve my windows, but no more taobao shopping anymore.. All covered in my first purchase. :)

Yes, now is waiting for carpentry to be up and BCA/HDB to approve my windows, but no more taobao shopping anymore.. All covered in my first purchase. :)

Oh dont worry, TB num 2 will be on the way soon. :notti: