Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

Hi OceanEleven,

May I know what counter top did you pick for your bathroom?

The slab sure looks thick. I had iquartz put in for my flat but I think the thickness of my vanity counter top is perhaps slightly less than half of yours. Also, does anyone know if it is common to have the iquartz signature tag installed, at least for the kitchen counter top. I don't see it around mine and am wondering if it is normal.

Edited by watzup

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Waaaahhh.. You sure have storage everywhere!

I almost went for a nice counter top basin till i realised the space required.. Hence thinking of a semi recessed one like yours too

Yup, storage is important for me. Many things to keep and store. All the daily necessity etc sure take up a lot of space.

Semi recess is good, a different look I would say. Again do note the depth you have at the toilet, it play a big part and depends on the orientation of the toilet.

Hi OceanEleven,

May I know what counter top did you pick for your bathroom?

The slab sure looks thick. I had iquartz put in for my flat but I think the thickness of my vanity counter top is perhaps slightly less than half of yours. Also, does anyone know if it is common to have the iquartz signature tag installed, at least for the kitchen counter top. I don't see it around mine and am wondering if it is normal.

Mine is a solid top, nothing fanciful. Though I did want some stones but the pocket got the better of me.

For the tags, I'm sure you can request for it to be install. Pay a premium sure do deserve the bragging rights. :good:

• Like 1

Dear OceanEleven, thanks for sharing!

If you don't mind, can you share with me how much you bought your oven from, and from where?

Thanks!

A Thought or Two On The Oven

The oven, the want to have but not need to have. Unless you are a baking enthusiast who use it more than twice a month, else it is still after all a nice deco in modern kitchen. :bleah:

Here to pen down some thoughts that cross my mind when placing the oven. Never been a fan of oven under the stove.

Main reason - pure laziness. I cant imagine keep bending over to check the cooking every now and then plus the everyday ageing didnt help either.

We went shopping for some roast ware and good lord, arent those heavy! A whatever fancy named ware is easily 1kg or more.

Throw in the ingredients and you are looking at 2kg or more up. Non issue for most guys but posing a challenge for the petite ladies.

Couple with the blazing heat, it certainly complicates matter.

So with the waist height installation, it kinda solve, if not lessen the burden and risk involved during operation.

And not forgetting most oven are pulled down type, those with mini me/mini you who are in the phase of trigger happy, may unknowingly reach for it.

Plus waist height gives you the excuse have a full height carpentry which most properly isnt goona differ much from normal cost.

And also the means to stick a "Tower" drawer unit beside it, so wont look so lonely.

So you might wonder, after penning this much, I should be a decent user who can bake or roast?

Matter of fact, I'm neither. However, I am doing the hard part - eating. :notti:

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm also in discussion with Foo with regards to my upcoming house, and I appreciate his emphasis on space planning, rather than just design. Very methodical and bold.

Searching for an ID is tiring business so we might very well just go with Foo!

Hi there, got it at Kong Tai in Jurong West price at $19xx.

Model : HBG56B550J

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm also in discussion with Foo with regards to my upcoming house, and I appreciate his emphasis on space planning, rather than just design. Very methodical and bold.

Searching for an ID is tiring business so we might very well just go with Foo!

Glad that you have found your desirable ID. Have to agree, he ideas are pretty good and yet practical. especially on space planning. :good:

Utterly jealous of your 'appropriate height' oven, mine came with the house -along the bottom cabinet... can imagine the 'potential backaches' I'll get from using the oven in future!

A Thought or Two On The Oven

The oven, the want to have but not need to have. Unless you are a baking enthusiast who use it more than twice a month, else it is still after all a nice deco in modern kitchen. :bleah:

Here to pen down some thoughts that cross my mind when placing the oven. Never been a fan of oven under the stove.

Main reason - pure laziness. I cant imagine keep bending over to check the cooking every now and then plus the everyday ageing didnt help either.

We went shopping for some roast ware and good lord, arent those heavy! A whatever fancy named ware is easily 1kg or more.

Throw in the ingredients and you are looking at 2kg or more up. Non issue for most guys but posing a challenge for the petite ladies.

Couple with the blazing heat, it certainly complicates matter.

So with the waist height installation, it kinda solve, if not lessen the burden and risk involved during operation.

And not forgetting most oven are pulled down type, those with mini me/mini you who are in the phase of trigger happy, may unknowingly reach for it.

Plus waist height gives you the excuse have a full height carpentry which most properly isnt goona differ much from normal cost.

And also the means to stick a "Tower" drawer unit beside it, so wont look so lonely.

So you might wonder, after penning this much, I should be a decent user who can bake or roast?

Matter of fact, I'm neither. However, I am doing the hard part - eating. :notti:

Rain Shower

This is one of my favorite item in the house. A good shower eases the tense body and freshen up the mind.

I did not like the conventional rain shower for the length from wall is often too short .

For my place, I am restricted by the piping as seen as well as the box up area. Conventional rain shower if mounted will be a mere 20cm above the head.

Also, with the conventional, I will be standing on the drainage hole directly. :angry2:

So Mr. Foo came up with this brilliant idea, which not only solve the issues but also save a fair bit.

A Grohe entry level rain shower set is approx. SGD6xx during promotion but my Grohe mixer cost only SGD3xx from Tmall.

Throw in the separate shower head from TB for SGD40 and multiply by 2 sets, the savings is significant.

For those interested in the shower head, please see below link.

Though it may be a Taobao shop but I had bought all taps, faucet, bidets from them and so far so good.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.3.7.YpaNls&scm=1007.10152.2215.i13060296982&id=13389872470&pvid=2ba58e8b-814a-46c3-9be2-67f82f52b258

20141102_164435.jpg

Edited by OceanEleven

• Like 1

I replaced all my doors. Main door included. Fire rated 2 ply.

Done by Ricky Ang from An Digital 9099 8233.

Overall a great deal since I am doing 4 doors.

Ricky is attentive and patience in explaining despite I took months to confirm with him,

He came down no less than 3 times to meet, such service oriented attitude is a rare find nowadays. :thumbs up:

might have missed it if someone asked you already, how much were you quoted for just the doors?

Rain Shower

This is one of my favorite item in the house. A good shower eases the tense body and freshen up the mind.

I did not like the conventional rain shower for the length from wall is often too short .

For my place, I am restricted by the piping as seen as well as the box up area. Conventional rain shower if mounted will be a mere 20cm above the head.

Also, with the conventional, I will be standing on the drainage hole directly. :angry2:

So Mr. Foo came up with this brilliant idea, which not only solve the issues but also save a fair bit.

A Grohe entry level rain shower set is approx. SGD6xx during promotion but my Grohe mixer cost only SGD3xx from Tmall.

Throw in the separate shower head from TB for SGD40 and multiply by 2 sets, the savings is significant.

For those interested in the shower head, please see below link.

Though it may be a Taobao shop but I had bought all taps, faucet, bidets from them and so far so good.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.3.7.YpaNls&scm=1007.10152.2215.i13060296982&id=13389872470&pvid=2ba58e8b-814a-46c3-9be2-67f82f52b258

20141102_164435.jpg

Great Idea! But the seller has only 2 diamonds. But their 销量 are on the high sides?

Great Idea! But the seller has only 2 diamonds. But their 销量 are on the high sides?

I spoke to the seller before, they said they are doing wholesale so they cant really list all their items on their site.

Seller had sent me emails of the range of items they have, it is much much more than listed on their home page.

From all taps, shower mixer, toilet accessories etc, ig interested, you can chat directly with seller.

My taps, bidets, kitchen faucet and shower head are all from them. The products feel sturdy and solid, No complaints from plumber when install as well.

I can only vouch for what I had bought, as for others I am unable to comment. So far been using them and happy with the purchase.

WhiteTap3.jpg

20140526_170640.jpg

I spoke to the seller before, they said they are doing wholesale so they cant really list all their items on their site.

Seller had sent me emails of the range of items they have, it is much much more than listed on their home page.

From all taps, shower mixer, toilet accessories etc, ig interested, you can chat directly with seller.

My taps, bidets, kitchen faucet and shower head are all from them. The products feel sturdy and solid, No complaints from plumber when install as well.

I can only vouch for what I had bought, as for others I am unable to comment. So far been using them and happy with the purchase.

WhiteTap3.jpg

20140526_170640.jpg

Thanks Ocean. Going to bookmark this seller!

MBR Washroom

There was some discussion earlier about which washroom to use for a 2 pax family.

I would say this mainly depends on your lifestyle and preferences. MBR washroom is bigger in most units, so some may prefer to use it, some may simply uses both.

Coming from a cleaning and maintenance perspective, we choose to use only the common washroom, unless of course, when there is an emergency. :lol:

Main reason, rather then spending time cleaning, we prefer top use the time doing other things.

Also if the washroom is constantly wet, unsightly slime and filth will grow, especially around any white silicone area and such stains are impossible to remove.

Then and again, this does not mean the MBR washroom is never used at all.

Given that MBR has limited area and no space for a dressing table, the MBR washroom was kind of converted to a dressing area.

This is the area where the missus does all the powdering and hair drying etc where any "aftermath" are contained. :notti:

Given the limited area in MBR, there is no dressing table for the missus, hence we kind of converted the MBR washroom as a dressing area.

That is where does all the make up, hair drying etc where all the "mess" is contained and maintained.

20141102_173317.jpg

This looks like a great dressing 'table'! :good:

Interesting you chose to use the common bathroom instead of the nearer MBR one. We are just going to use one bathroom as much as possible too :sport-smiley-018:

Have chatted with the tap seller you recommended, he really sells alot of other products! See until my eyes popped! Hahah..thanks for sharing!