Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OceanEleven

Back To The West

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 11/23/2016 at 3:53 PM, faceless said:

can you share with me also pls? 

Hi, contact sent. He is likely quite busy most of the time. SO you may wanna What App him them follow with a call later.

18 minutes ago, blacksheep said:

Very helpful tips it nice that you posted this to inform and give inspiration.

Thanks for the kind words. Just that went thru reno twice and understood the agony and frustration during the journey hence wanna share a little to save on the efforts and time.

Anyway, my comments are a little old school., may be a little pricky at times, kinda been there, done that. For eg non believer of hacking of rooms and WIW. Dont fancy those side by side fridges etc. 

• Like 1

Finally sat through your whole blog! Took down so many tips (in my little book for reno) and saved a couple of links. Thankyouhamida for sharing so much details! 

My current bathroom has those slightly 'rough' surface type of tiles which I think are mostly used outdoors and it's been more than 5yrs and I've never cleaned it once and still looks great. Just wondering if your tiles would need some cleaning every now and then? 

Also, how are the shelves of your cupboards doing? For some reason, it fees like my cupboards walls are expanding, and the shelves are hanging barely on the metal stubs (I'm definitely not using this contractor!) Good tip on the internal laminate - will do that for the new place.

Thanks for taking time to read through and hope the information will help you to build your dream home. :lol:

Washroom tiles just the normal scrubbing now and them to remove grime and grit.

If carpentry are expanding, more likely due to warping. Could be complete full length tends to warp over time or moisture remove from wood/ply wood, causing them to warp.

Bought a pair of these speaker stand from Tmall. A little costly though after shipping.

The machining and finishing is goo, no rough edges. Paint work is great, slight blemishes but not noticeable once speaker sits on it.

Speaker%20Stand.jpg

Speaker%20Stand%201.jpg

Oven Tripping Circuit Breaker Tips.

It is common for ovens, steamers and grillers to trip electrical circuit breakers when left unused for a period of time. Such faults can be easily rectified via these steps that Bosch has highlighted:

1) Set the temperature to 50 degree celsius n 'Top and Bottom Heat' mode

2) When the temperature reaches 50 degree celsius, increase the set temperature to 80 degree celsius; when it reaches the set point, increase again to 150 degree celsius, and follow the same to get to 200 degree celsius.

3) Once the temperature reaches 200 degree celsius, increase the set temperature to 250 degree celsius and let it remain at the temperature for one hour.

4) Turn off the oven

It is always advisable to gradualy increase the oven temperature during the preheating process to avoid a sudden draw of high electricity which causes tripping.