Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chiuwm

Bad Experience With Harfary Tiles And After-Sales Service

Just wish to warn everyone about Harfary homogeneous tiles and share about the after sales treatment I get from them. I have my beige-white homogeneous tiles installed in March 2013 and just about 6 months down the road, some brown patches slowly appear at the edges of the tiles. Currently, about 10 affected and the number is growing with time.

Image of one of the affected tiles:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/c2l5jnw_skaBMjwOLAR_8IY6RmADaLAcVZi9Ozlm0B0=w407-h228-p-no

I mop the floor once a week with normal Dettol floor wash (diluted) and no acid wash done on the tiles before. These stains cannot be removed even with 'magic sponge' or even with Sunshine D15 (http://cleanshinegroup.com.sg/d15.htm).

What's worst is that the Harfary guy came and have a look. He tried cleaning with his bottle of D15 as well. Stain is still there. And he said CAN'T HELP IT, white tiles are like this. So I told him that I have seen many houses with while homo tiles after many years have no such problem with the tiles. He told me sure have because Harfary sells China tiles and I have to accept this esp I am using light color tiles.

So, what I can conclude from this bad experience is that Harfary may have gotten some low grade tiles from China. So, BEWARE if you plan to get light-colored homo tiles from Harfary. If someone faces the same problem as me and has an economical solution, please let me know. Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request