Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
heynsl

Fh/999yrs Or 99yrs Condo Better?

recently i enquired abt the cost for a FH condo from an agent...

meantime i am waiting for the price to stablise or drop towards top but the agent kept telling me otherwise...

the agent kept insisting that the price will go up more prior to top and kept asking me to give her a cheque to confirm the unit...

also the unit was advertised for more than 3 mths yet not sold and she dare to tell me that the seller wanna sell higher each month and many buyers offering higher price... so kept asking me to buy fast and buy high to secure the unit... very pushy attitude...

initially i was ok with her and planning to support her but when she started to become more pushy as time goes by... i was **** TL

house agents cant 100% trust them. we never trust them at all. most of the time, they're just bulls-h-i-t. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
house agents cant 100% trust them. we never trust them at all. most of the time, they're just bulls-h-i-t. :D

i agree totally with u...

those agents can't be trusted unless u know them personally.

when i looking for the condo units, of course i tend to ask around to know the best offer...

some agents whom keep contact with me on the condo unit i enquire will say i betray them when i ask another agent for better offer...

as if the agent is working for me only... oh pls...

i agree totally with u...

those agents can't be trusted unless u know them personally.

when i looking for the condo units, of course i tend to ask around to know the best offer...

some agents whom keep contact with me on the condo unit i enquire will say i betray them when i ask another agent for better offer...

as if the agent is working for me only... oh pls...

aiya, agents can say all sort of things just to close the deal. they're d-a-m-n sickening people. :) eventhough this is the way to earn a living but also too extreme liao la. :D

recently i enquired abt the cost for a FH condo from an agent...

meantime i am waiting for the price to stablise or drop towards top but the agent kept telling me otherwise...

the agent kept insisting that the price will go up more prior to top and kept asking me to give her a cheque to confirm the unit...

also the unit was advertised for more than 3 mths yet not sold and she dare to tell me that the seller wanna sell higher each month and many buyers offering higher price... so kept asking me to buy fast and buy high to secure the unit... very pushy attitude...

initially i was ok with her and planning to support her but when she started to become more pushy as time goes by... i was **** TL

sometimes i believe it is the greedy seller who wants to up the price ... but my experience with agents is not very positive ...

:D

This is called the FUD approach. Of course the agent want to give you reason to buy now and not 6 months later.

what do u mean by FUD approach???

can explain?

what do u mean by FUD approach???

can explain?

FUD - Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt, is a marketing or political strategy that has been 'created' by IBM many years ago but often recently associated with Microsoft. It has been used as a method of "disseminating negative (and vague) information on a competitor's product."

In this case, FUD probably refers to the approach of the agent giving you specific information in order to sway your opinion and decision in the purchase of the property.

Edited by pencil

sometimes i really wonder how to find out who is the seller's exculsive agent from the market and can we just deal with the exclusive agent will do...

referring back to the case i mentioned earlier...

when i managed to know the agent who is marketing the Unit A exculsively, i actually told the agent who kept pushing me to buy....

immediately she behaved very negatively and saying me should not go find other agent behind her back indicating that i am betraying her like tat...

then later she kept asking me to buy another Unit B which she market exculsively but of course i am only interested Unit A and i hinted to her that i may deal with the exclusively agent for Unit A instead of her... she then started saying bad things about the other agent... in the end telling me to help her by including her to co-broke with the agent saying she will help me to get good deal on that unit...

sometimes i really wonder how to find out who is the seller's exculsive agent from the market and can we just deal with the exclusive agent will do...

referring back to the case i mentioned earlier...

when i managed to know the agent who is marketing the Unit A exculsively, i actually told the agent who kept pushing me to buy....

immediately she behaved very negatively and saying me should not go find other agent behind her back indicating that i am betraying her like tat...

then later she kept asking me to buy another Unit B which she market exculsively but of course i am only interested Unit A and i hinted to her that i may deal with the exclusively agent for Unit A instead of her... she then started saying bad things about the other agent... in the end telling me to help her by including her to co-broke with the agent saying she will help me to get good deal on that unit...

You should understand that if you deal with her, she will then be your agent to deal with the seller's exclusive agent. If you go direct to the exclusive agent, you will have no agent to represent you. The question is, are you comfortable doing the negotiation, and potentially all the paperwork and legwork that comes as part of a successful negotiation, yourself? Note that it's not a good idea to have the exclusive agent be representing both the seller and you. That's a huge conflict of interest.

at the end of the day ... i guess work within budget. If you are prepared to pay $x for the property, then stick to it. we can always begin low and work our way up till $x.

if the agent wants his/her comm, then let them work for it ... but dun be 'bullied' or 'swayed excessively' by them ...

:unsure:

at the end of the day ... i guess work within budget. If you are prepared to pay $x for the property, then stick to it. we can always begin low and work our way up till $x.

if the agent wants his/her comm, then let them work for it ... but dun be 'bullied' or 'swayed excessively' by them ...

!!

I would put it this way: The agents are on commission and they are just doing what they have to do. But nobody is putting a gun to your head; if you succumb to all those honeyed words and did not do your own homework, you only have yourself to blame.

Remember, agents are only facilitators for your transactions; maybe because of their profession you want to CONSIDER their advice, but to take their words as the gospel truth will only lead to your own funeral.