Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marcel

The Pigeon Hole In Jurong East

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

KITCHEN CABINETS

China granite countertop with matching backsplash. If I am correct it called China Impala. The colour is toward grey than black. Next week will be the installation of the kitchen hood.

DSC06515_zps4a7acf53.jpg

DSC06506_zpsc7e46326.jpg

Hi Marcel, are you leaving the kitchen wall above the backsplash untiled? If so, what is the paint you are using for this high grease, high humidity wall?

Hi Kay

Yes. All will be untiled. As for the paint we are using Nippon Paint Vinilex 5000 Low Odour.

Grease. That's a good question. We have no idea too. Hopefully the Fujioh hood 800 MK2 does it job. According to the spec it should capture 88% of the oil fumes. (This is the only reason why we did not install the top hang cabinets.

Hi Marcel, are you leaving the kitchen wall above the backsplash untiled? If so, what is the paint you are using for this high grease, high humidity wall?

Hi Merriberr

PMed.

Hi Marcel, would you mind to share the contact of your contractor and reno quote. Many thanks!!

Hi Marcel,

Can share your contact and price for your doors and windows?

DOORS

Aluminium Square Rod Window Grilles & Door Grilles (Grey Powder Coating)

Maintenance Free & 100% Rust Proof - Yes
100% Solid Aluminium material - Yes

Took me a while to select the colour of the door. (Should I have a separate colour for the main door? Will the colour crash with my floor? Will it match with my dinning table and chairs... So many questions....)
DSC06426_zps772a297f.jpg

DSC06425_zps262e5372.jpg

DSC06415_zps7504a788.jpg

Store room & Master bedroom

DSC06428_zps8afab060.jpg

Ok. Tqvm. I am looking for the same design, but my ID quotes exceeded my budget. U know approx how much u spent on the main doors and bedroom doors? BTW, your house is a beauty. :good:

Hi Weng

I am travelling now. Don't have the quote with me. If my memory is correct below is the est figures.

Doors and frame abt 2300

Window, grill and gate abt 2500

BTW. For the grill and gate I am using solid alum rod with powder coating.

Edited by marcel

KITCHEN FAUCET STAINLESS STEEL FLEXIBLE HOSE

To be rectify.

Without considering the length of the SS flexible hoses. The plumber had installed a 90 degree copper elbows resulting my SS flexible hose to bend unnaturally. According to Grohe's installation guide bending the hose is a big no no. I think in matter of time the inner rubber tube will either leak or burst and wet my cabinets. (I can't afford this to happen as I am alway out of town.) Each Flex Hose is USD38!

27B3C33E-5EF7-43F9-AB9B-81A94FAF3A39_zps

ScreenShot2014-05-31at12657am_zpsd0ce06f

Edited by marcel

LAUNDRY CUM FRIDGE AREA

Nothing special. At least the place is kept neat. We are saving the area on the right for a large laundry basket. Hopefully we can find a modern & stylish laundry basket.

Between the dryer and washer we are planning square basket to keep and hid all the washing detergents.

Any recommendation?

DSC06522_zpse26209aa.jpg

Edited by marcel

LIVING HALL

Honestly we are really BAD with colour combination. Therefore to be on the super save side the only colour we have are greys. Difference shades of greys, mainly cool grey.

DSC06516_zps02ec5faa.jpg

We are still waiting after the other 6 dinning chairs, coffee table, bedside table to arrive.

DSC06520_zpsbc822d05.jpg

Edited by marcel

DINNING TABLE CUM WORKSTATION

I love it for the sensual minimalism. Fully extendable, from 6x to 8x sitter. Yet stable.

DSC06524_zps986cbfa3.jpg

SOFA

Finally I got my own mini L shape sofa. I think is a bit over price for a non designer + locally made. (I am thinking of changing color of the 2x

torque blue pillows covers. What do you think?)

DSC06527_zpse0f9720c.jpg

Edited by marcel