Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Songz

3 Room Resale

KIV the above first when I get a FengShui Master.

Just another thing to check, how much does it cost for a full renovation for a 3 room resale usually (Involved of hacking and cabinet works)

Keen to know this too...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Keen to know this too...

So far the quote I got are in the 40+K range

Just want to check with others who have renovated their 3 room before can advise

So far the quote I got are in the 40+K range

Just want to check with others who have renovated their 3 room before can advise

Exactly what are your renovation activities and scope ? Typically it should be less than 40K. Different ppl have different scope so the costing is different. e.g. i'm not doing toilet, no wall hacking and its around $30K.

Edited by claypot

I am hacking 1 wall and need to erect some wall up.

Basically its to redo the whole house.

Too brief le. Very hard to comment. Best if you can post the quotation (minus the ID name) so that others can comments.

Edited by claypot

Just to share, did a complete overhaul of my 28-yo 3A (74 sqm) abt 1.5 yr ago in 2012 at >$45K (prices might have changed since). Included everything except retained the 2 bedrms' flooring (overlaid with laminates) & 3 original metal door frames (living & bedrms).. also hacked the original storerm (2 walls) & re-erected it (2 new walls) into the kitchen area.

However, agree with claypot that it may be difficiult to comment w/o looking at the details - scope & extent of work (e.g. how much carpentary; i have quite a fair bit) & quality of materials used (e.g. granite vs. solid surface for kitchen top)

Just to share, did a complete overhaul of my 28-yo 3A (74 sqm) abt 1.5 yr ago in 2012 at >$45K (prices might have changed since). Included everything except retained the 2 bedrms' flooring (overlaid with laminates) & 3 original metal door frames (living & bedrms).. also hacked the original storerm (2 walls) & re-erected it (2 new walls) into the kitchen area.

However, agree with claypot that it may be difficiult to comment w/o looking at the details - scope & extent of work (e.g. how much carpentary; i have quite a fair bit) & quality of materials used (e.g. granite vs. solid surface for kitchen top)

Thanks a lot ...

The reason of not posting the quotation yet is

1. due to placement of some things not yet confirm and quotation are based on few different design.

2. the housing renovation pictures and quotations are in a mess thus will wait while when I am a little more free to sort out the mess of the papers. Hahahaha ~

Thanks a lot ...

The reason of not posting the quotation yet is

1. due to placement of some things not yet confirm and quotation are based on few different design.

2. the housing renovation pictures and quotations are in a mess thus will wait while when I am a little more free to sort out the mess of the papers. Hahahaha ~

Sure! That's all part of the excitement isn't it? More to come hor bro! :P

Feel free to share when ready. We can share our experiences too! Cheers!

PS. Can PM me.. I may be able to share my detailed quotations (from multiple IDs) did up in a spreadsheet.. the prices may not be valid but the line items may be helpful :)

• Like 1

Sure! That's all part of the excitement isn't it? More to come hor bro! :P

Feel free to share when ready. We can share our experiences too! Cheers!

PS. Can PM me.. I may be able to share my detailed quotations (from multiple IDs) did up in a spreadsheet.. the prices may not be valid but the line items may be helpful :)

Good idea ! :thumbs up:

I should list the stuff into a excel sheet and compare :deal:

However I think I will consult the FSM first before I do this as that is when the design will mostly be finalize. :notti:

Just went for my HDB first appointment today.

Totally forgot that bank loan requires 5% cash payment (Think this is going to hit hard on my Renovation funding)

Anyway the key handing will be on 27th March

In the meantime I will continue to stalk others Reno Blog and steal ideas ... Hahahaha ~

Hi everyone, been reading this forum since I started sourcing for my house.

Thought it will be great to start a blog to share my renovation journey for my first house.

After going through various viewing, I settle for a flat at Ang Mo Kio Blk 118 - Corridor Unit (*Only look around AMK as my mum stay there)

Just settled my 2nd OTP thus mostly getting the house in End March or April, got to admit that buying through single's scheme is really very taxing on the wallet.

Below is my Floor Plan

I have not really decide how to renovate my house so I really hope some experienced people can give some advise to me :

From house renovation,ID or contractors, brands of electrical stuff or any other small minor things which I should take note ^^

(Thanks in advance)

I just confirm to purchase a resale 3 rooms with the same layout as your.

Hi Songz

Yup best time to stalk and steal ideas are between the 2 appointments. That's what I did. Haha. My reno should end ard the time you get your keys. And I agree with you totally that it is very taxing on the wallet for single scheme. And thanks for the link with the FS tips.

I just confirm to purchase a resale 3 rooms with the same layout as your.

Welcome to the 3 room club.

Which area did you purchase ??

Hi Songz

Yup best time to stalk and steal ideas are between the 2 appointments. That's what I did. Haha. My reno should end ard the time you get your keys. And I agree with you totally that it is very taxing on the wallet for single scheme. And thanks for the link with the FS tips.

Will be keeping tab on your reno too.

Maybe I would get your ID/contractor contact if they are good and cheap ... hehehe