Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Songz

3 Room Resale

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

like this den buy all kuche which is my plan :D

If its within your budget and you like it then go ahead! :good:

1. Used Teka hood & hob for 15 years in previous flat - no problem even with the lighter "thingy". Change to Techno when I move flat (cut cost lor, thought not much different) - after only usage of 6months, need to change battery for the lighter thingy. Small thing but very irritating. Wish I had use back Teka. Lazy to change batteries, so now using that lighter gun thingy.

2. Samsung - so far that's the best WM i've used. Really like it - Only con is I need to bend down to take out the clothes, front loading (back ache)

3. No Dryer cause Mother nature bestow wind and sun :lol:

4. Love Fisher & Parykel fridge. Reason - Always use them. The last one last me 17 years. Bought the same one after that die of old age.

This one i fully agree, so what if you buy very expensive and atas one? If you have the budget, go ahead, if no then skip it. One or two years later your model already discontinue because of newer model and they may or may not have the parts to repair yours if it breaks down.

Especially electrical appliances, technology too fast to catch up.

(Ah gong story) Met a friend yesterday in COURTS while shopping for TV, he is a salesperson selling "certain" TV brand and what he told me is quite true. Nowadays no need get high specs TV as we may not be fast enough to catch up with technologies. He ask "do u change TV every year"? Of course NOT! And yes, newer version/tech are coming up every 6 months to a year. And for smart TV, everyone now is using the android mediahub, which means your Smart Tv function is useless. He say just get normal full HD and if possible, skip the Smart TV function and your tv will be cheaper.

Unless you really like certain brand like me (i prefer Samsung), then no choice cos all samsung tv comes with smart tv. But i will still get the normal/ lowest range as its at least 50% cheaper compare to latest model.

1.) Hood & Hob (Mine comes in a package with kitchen cabinet, Turbo brand)

2.) Washing Machine (LG $329, 8.0kg)

3.) Dryer (The Sun is my dryer)

4.) Fridge (LG 2 door white $899, bought in mustafa, bought this fridge as it looks big and elegant in my opinion)

Thanks, think it really make sense.

Technology is moving too fast but will still go for brands which is more proven in market for me.

Don really like the hassle of changing unless needed

like this den buy all kuche which is my plan :D

Sorry that is way off my budget... Hahahaha ~

If its within your budget and you like it then go ahead! :good:

No thanks.

Takashi, if you are buying them pls review it :P (*juz kidding)

1. Used Teka hood & hob for 15 years in previous flat - no problem even with the lighter "thingy". Change to Techno when I move flat (cut cost lor, thought not much different) - after only usage of 6months, need to change battery for the lighter thingy. Small thing but very irritating. Wish I had use back Teka. Lazy to change batteries, so now using that lighter gun thingy.

2. Samsung - so far that's the best WM i've used. Really like it - Only con is I need to bend down to take out the clothes, front loading (back ache)

3. No Dryer cause Mother nature bestow wind and sun :lol:

4. Love Fisher & Parykel fridge. Reason - Always use them. The last one last me 17 years. Bought the same one after that die of old age.

Thanks a lot for the information.

Will go and take a look at again when free

Update :

Went to inspection yesterday and found the house to be in a better condition than i expected. (Maybe can save on reno more ? )

Will be getting keys this Friday, I will post pictures of the house again.

This one i fully agree, so what if you buy very expensive and atas one? If you have the budget, go ahead, if no then skip it. One or two years later your model already discontinue because of newer model and they may or may not have the parts to repair yours if it breaks down.

Especially electrical appliances, technology too fast to catch up.

(Ah gong story) Met a friend yesterday in COURTS while shopping for TV, he is a salesperson selling "certain" TV brand and what he told me is quite true. Nowadays no need get high specs TV as we may not be fast enough to catch up with technologies. He ask "do u change TV every year"? Of course NOT! And yes, newer version/tech are coming up every 6 months to a year. And for smart TV, everyone now is using the android mediahub, which means your Smart Tv function is useless. He say just get normal full HD and if possible, skip the Smart TV function and your tv will be cheaper.

Unless you really like certain brand like me (i prefer Samsung), then no choice cos all samsung tv comes with smart tv. But i will still get the normal/ lowest range as its at least 50% cheaper compare to latest model.

1.) Hood & Hob (Mine comes in a package with kitchen cabinet, Turbo brand)

2.) Washing Machine (LG $329, 8.0kg)

3.) Dryer (The Sun is my dryer)

4.) Fridge (LG 2 door white $899, bought in mustafa, bought this fridge as it looks big and elegant in my opinion)

Agree on the TV. Or maybe we went to the same retailer - aka Courts. The salesguy actually told me no point getting super high end coz you are paying a premium for the latest technology, yet it goes outdated within 6 months. LOL.

For me personally, not fond of LG washing machine. Mom's place had a top load about 3 years ago. Either the machine's spin is very powerful or our clothing is very lousy.....coz we started seeing tears at seams of clothing....and small holes appearing on thin fabrics (like t-shirts). Good point is it gave us ladies an excuse to go shopping for new clothes...haha....

Ended up we changed out the machine within a year even though it was still functioning.

No idea what caused the problem though...we have no such problems with our old top load (Panasonic) and the top load purchased later (Toshiba) to replace this LG.

Update :

Went to inspection yesterday and found the house to be in a better condition than i expected. (Maybe can save on reno more ? )

Actually for resale flat like us usually need to spend more than BTO owners as previous owner may not be maintaining their house good enough and even if they have done so, condition still incomparable to new flats. Hence, i really learn alot from my contractor on how to cut cost on renovation like overlaying tiles or plastering smooth over existing wall tiles which could easily save you a few thousands especially in the kitchen and both toilet area which you will find most tiles.

As for flooring, comparison between homogeneous and vinyl flooring price are actually quite close unless you are going for "branded" vinyl floor. For my case, i'm on tight budget and before meeting my contractor, i went to a few vinyl floor showroom and fell in love with vinyl flooring as it's not as cold compared to homogeneous and most importantly child safe (not slippery when wet) but price is :jawdrop: .

Untill my contractor say she is able to get prices similar to homogeneous if i dont mind the brand, do you think i would mind? :good:

Other things that you can save on is wardrobe. If you are going for walk-in wardrobe, you may want to consider pole system type as lesser carpentry work is required for it, do remember that carpentry is one of the pricey stuff during reno.

hope the above helps.

Agree on the TV. Or maybe we went to the same retailer - aka Courts. The salesguy actually told me no point getting super high end coz you are paying a premium for the latest technology, yet it goes outdated within 6 months. LOL.

For me personally, not fond of LG washing machine. Mom's place had a top load about 3 years ago. Either the machine's spin is very powerful or our clothing is very lousy.....coz we started seeing tears at seams of clothing....and small holes appearing on thin fabrics (like t-shirts). Good point is it gave us ladies an excuse to go shopping for new clothes...haha....

Ended up we changed out the machine within a year even though it was still functioning.

No idea what caused the problem though...we have no such problems with our old top load (Panasonic) and the top load purchased later (Toshiba) to replace this LG.

Hi koori, usually for clothes that are thinner in material or more expensive, i would use a kind of bag that looks like a net to protect it, dump into net and zip it up (I dont know the actual term). Good to protect against colour run as well, so im not so worried. :D

My 2 cents.

Hi koori, usually for clothes that are thinner in material or more expensive, i would use a kind of bag that looks like a net to protect it, dump into net and zip it up (I dont know the actual term). Good to protect against colour run as well, so im not so worried. :D

My 2 cents.

no expensive clothes. maybe that's the problem. all the 'pasar malam' clothing kenna holes. :D

I think it's called washing net? Not sure either. We use 1 for only underwear. hahahha.....other big items no net.

Songz~ If going for washer + dryer, you might want to consider front load and stackable ones to save space.

There are also machines in the market that is washer-cum-dryer....I didn't consider this though as I prefer to have them separate.

Actually for resale flat like us usually need to spend more than BTO owners as previous owner may not be maintaining their house good enough and even if they have done so, condition still incomparable to new flats. Hence, i really learn alot from my contractor on how to cut cost on renovation like overlaying tiles or plastering smooth over existing wall tiles which could easily save you a few thousands especially in the kitchen and both toilet area which you will find most tiles.

Ya, this I agree fully. Re-sale flat like us seriously spend alot more. If I had a BTO, my same mini budget can actually do quite nice reno on whole house ler. Not to mention re-sale flat itself already cost a lot more. lol

But..... haizz..... single leh, didn't manage to get that 2 room BTO.... So bo bian lor.......

If continue to wait, by the time I get my 2 rm BTO, think I will be old cock cock liao. :lol:

• Like 2

Update :

Congrats! You are going to collect your keys soon.

• Like 1

BTO is brand new flat....resale even newest will be about 5 years old liao.... :D

Resale sure have to spend more. Besides that, the 'treasures' the previous owners think were so nice probably not nice to us. hahaha....The previous owners got a 'so sayang' face when I mentioned I dismantling all the built in wardrobes. They think is treasure, I think is eyesore. :P

Update :

congrats on the upcoming key collection. Looking forward to pictures ~

While we were discussing TV fast technology, Samsung may have already launch their new "bendable" TV, zzzzzzzz how to catch up?

2tok.png

While we were discussing TV fast technology, Samsung may have already launch their new "bendable" TV, zzzzzzzz how to catch up?

2tok.png

technology... upgrades features we may not use and charge us more :(

• Like 1