Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RenoJoy

Vacuum Cleaner

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I prefer bag vacuum cleaners as its neater when clearing. Con maybe would be the cost of replacing the bag itself. Some of the bags are not cheap especially for Miele.

I prefer one with dust bag so can minimise the contact with dust. My primary objective of getting a vacuum cleaner is to avoid dust as much as possible because of family asthma & sinus health issue. I went Tangs Orchard and asked the sales person to demo few different models, samsung, electrolux, bosch, karcher, miele, both bag and bagless. After the demo, I decided to get a bagged vacuum because I cannot imagine if getting a bagless one then I have to wash the dust container plus filter with the dust flying around my sinus nose. Gathered from user reviews, forums, and conversation with sales person , I listed below my 'must have' in selecting my first vacuum cleaner.

Dust bag capacity - the bigger the better so as to save the hassle of frequent changing.

Hepa filter - I need this because of family ashthma / sinus. Otherwise can do without.

Wheels - 360 degree rotating wheels for easy maneuvering and protecting flooring.

Vacuum head/brush - I need a Parquet brush which can prevent parquet/granite flooring from scratches.

Operating radius - the longer the better so don't have to change the power plug when moving from room to room. > 8m is preferred.

Noise - not very important to me but cannot be overly loud.

Weight - not very important to me since I will be getting one with good wheels to move about, but cannot be more than 8kg.

suction power - not very important to me because most vacuum can do a decent job, don't need a super high one that sucks to the floor like super glue, around 350 Watt is good enough for me.

Input power - good to have a efficiency model e.g. 1200-1600 Watt, but 2000 Watt is also ok for me since I use it at most once a week. For larger house such as a bungalow, should get a efficiency model to save electricity cost.

If you have no issue with health (e.g.asthma) and flooring (marble/granite/parquet), then a normal vacuum should do a decent job. I have not used a Philip before but Philip annual carnival sales was just over 3 months ago. You can get very good deal at Philip annual sales at its Toa Payoh plant.

A Philip FC-9172 is about $299? For this price range I would rather go for a Miele S2121. If you just need a budget and decent entry model, perhaps can consider a samsung SC5250 at $69 best price from a seller in this forum. By the way, depending on where you buy it from, you can use your credit card or departmental card to get discounts, and remember to bargain hard for freebies such as additional brush, filter or dust bag.

Edited by gemini

• Like 1

I prefer one with dust bag so can minimise the contact with dust. My primary objective of getting a vacuum cleaner is to avoid dust as much as possible because of family asthma & sinus health issue. I went Tangs Orchard and asked the sales person to demo few different models, samsung, electrolux, bosch, karcher, miele, both bag and bagless. After the demo, I decided to get a bagged vacuum because I cannot imagine if getting a bagless one then I have to wash the dust container plus filter with the dust flying around my sinus nose. Gathered from user reviews, forums, and conversation with sales person , I listed below my 'must have' in selecting my first vacuum cleaner.

Dust bag capacity - the bigger the better so as to save the hassle of frequent changing.

Hepa filter - I need this because of family ashthma / sinus. Otherwise can do without.

Wheels - 360 degree rotating wheels for easy maneuvering and protecting flooring.

Vacuum head/brush - I need a Parquet brush which can prevent parquet/granite flooring from scratches.

Operating radius - the longer the better so don't have to change the power plug when moving from room to room. > 8m is preferred.

Noise - not very important to me but cannot be overly loud.

Weight - not very important to me since I will be getting one with good wheels to move about, but cannot be more than 8kg.

suction power - not very important to me because most vacuum can do a decent job, don't need a super high one that sucks to the floor like super glue, around 350 Watt is good enough for me.

Input power - good to have a efficiency model e.g. 1200-1600 Watt, but 2000 Watt is also ok for me since I use it at most once a week. For larger house such as a bungalow, should get a efficiency model to save electricity cost.

If you have no issue with health (e.g.asthma) and flooring (marble/granite/parquet), then a normal vacuum should do a decent job. I have not used a Philip before but Philip annual carnival sales was just over 3 months ago. You can get very good deal at Philip annual sales at its Toa Payoh plant.

A Philip FC-9172 is about $299? For this price range I would rather go for a Miele S2121. If you just need a budget and decent entry model, perhaps can consider a samsung SC5250 at $69 best price from a seller in this forum. By the way, depending on where you buy it from, you can use your credit card or departmental card to get discounts, and remember to bargain hard for freebies such as additional brush, filter or dust bag.

Wow! This is a very helpful comment. Thank you so much Gemini. I learned quite a fair bit here. :good:

I was contemplating between the Philips FC9172/67 and the Electrolux ZUSG4061. :rolleyes:

Personally I prefer the bagless type because I vacuum my house daily .It's so much easier to clean and wash the canister, especially sometimes my kids dirty the floor with bits of biscuits all over. I'm using the affordable but yet powerful suction by Samsung VCMA18AV , 1800w and so far is doing a good job .

Hi everyone , I have a very good lightly used OSIM uEco Vacuum cleaner to SELL.

It comes complete with accessories, different type of brushes for different type of flooring or surfaces.

Price Ask: $800 (or Best Offer). Retail Price: $1500.

uEco Genius revolutionary "3-in-1" cleaning system: uses only water to steam, suck and sanitise - transforms water to super dry steam at 120 degrees. Can be used to clean floor & sanitise your bed to kill germs & dust mite, clean sofa, windows, floor etc. Very suitable for family with children/ family member with asthma.

The uEco Genius uses water to capture and immobilize dirt and microbes efficiently so airflow remains free-flowing and uninterrupted, making the system efficient, and its effectiveness uncompromised.

uEco Genius also Disinfect and sanitise through the double-action of vacuum and dry steam

At 120 degrees, the super dry steam sanitises and disinfects all surfaces, killing germs, bacteria and even house mites, a cause of allergies and asthma.

The high pressure steam penetrates the mattress to kill resident dust mites, germs and bacteria, evaporating odours at the same time. It then suctions away the dead skin flakes and loosened dust particles, and traps them in the water in the container.

Interested, please contact me: 97876295

Hi Guys,

Got this vacuum cleaner as a free gift when I bought my refrigerator 2 weeks ago, but our house already bought a new vacuum cleaner before we made the purchase for the refrigerator. So there is no point of owning 2 vacuum cleaners now.

As I have problems putting the URL here, so you might have to do a manual search for the model - "Bagless Vacuum Cleaner VCMA18AV" on the Samsung consumer website or simply Google it.

• 1,800W Power, 360W Suction Power
• 1.5L Dust Capacity
• Twin Chamber System™
• Noise Level 83dBA
• EPA 11 Filter

I've checked the Samsung consumer website/brochure, and this item is listed as one of their new item in the market. This vacuum cleaner is worth $169 in our stores in Singapore, but we are willing to let it go at $150. The colour is Violet (how deep or how bright the colour is, you may refer to their website for more info), because we have no idea as the item is still in its unopened box.

Self pick-up in Tampines Central / Eastern area.

Choosing between the vacuum cleaners with or without bags is more of a personal thing. Some may like with bag vacuum cleaners while some others prefer bagless ones. But as someone already mentioned, if you or your family is suffering with breath related health issues, go with bagless ones. Replacement bags can be pricey sometimes. When selecting vacuum cleaners, there are other factors to be considered, including after sales service and warranty. When I bought my SEBO vacuum cleaners online from The Vacmaster, I got the better service and support than what I was expecting.

Found water-based VC the most 'effective' - need no worry no bag or accessories obsoletion.

Dust wouldn't anyhow 'flies' when change/clean bag/filter. Really trap 'nano dust'.

Air purifier as well - suck in air, go through water, out the purified air - hall, room....Can add different 'smell'.

Vacuum pack bags, clean bed sheet, sofa....

Analogue speed adjustment, life time warranty, one time 'investment' for life.

http://www.delphin.sg/advantages-of-l-lamella/

Expensive....~SGD3,700. Anyway, value for money.

Edited by bepgof

Tried bag filter and water filter vacuum. Nothing beats water based vacuum. Delphin all the way! Expensive but good health investment in long run.

I am seriously looking into the purchase of an air purifier (incl vacuum cleaner that can act like air purifier) and find the going tough. However, I am looking beyond just mere expressions of words. I would like to know the technical specs. Would appreciate it if you can assist recommend. Thks,

I tried calling the major vacuum cleaner company on this including Kracher about their DS6.0000 but the response from the sales was lackluster to bad, not interested. Most appreciated if somebody can help up on this.