Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cooknchill

Easily Impressionable Home Owners

Is the armchair from King and King Wong?

i think franc franc has a similar two seater sofa.

Was eyeing it because we were looking for a patchwork sofa too like this. any luck with finding it so far?

we have a current sofa from our current house and we were thinking to just do upholstery but it's not cheap at $1.8k!

il_570xN.546872092_ax03.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i think franc franc has a similar two seater sofa.

Was eyeing it because we were looking for a patchwork sofa too like this. any luck with finding it so far?

we have a current sofa from our current house and we were thinking to just do upholstery but it's not cheap at $1.8k!

il_570xN.546872092_ax03.jpg

mellenur, if i'm not wrong Novena furnishing also carries a patchwork sofa though not in as nice a design. You may want to check it out.

thanks vicx1234!

mellenur, if i'm not wrong Novena furnishing also carries a patchwork sofa though not in as nice a design. You may want to check it out.

hello, just enquriing where is your door to your MBR? Is that a sliding door or a normal veneer door? where's the entrance to the study area? paiseh i noob.

hello, just enquriing where is your door to your MBR? Is that a sliding door or a normal veneer door? where's the entrance to the study area? paiseh i noob.

It looks like there is no entrance, but that's cos we are making a platform where bedroom 2 used to be, so the solid lines are not walls, but the platform area... So, basically it's open door to the expanded MBR, go straight to WIW (which will swing doors at the entrance), step up to bed, step down to study.

Can I check with the home owners here, how long does it usually take for your ID to provide you with 3D drawings?

Ours is taking quite some time and the first round of 3D drawings are frankly really horrible as their in-house 3D person has quit.

Edited by cooknchill

Can I check with the home owners here, how long does it usually take for your ID to provide you with 3D drawings?

Ours is taking quite some time and the first round of 3D drawings are frankly really horrible as their in-house 3D person has quit.

Mine does not have any 3D drawing. From my understanding, 3D are outsource to others even you are using an ID.

ID will not have the time to do it themselves, given the site visit, meetings etc.

Per 3D is like $1xx plus up. The more you have, the more costly it is, per amendments may be chargeable and these cost are actually in you reno cost already.

Some say if you have like 10 x 3D with numerous amendments may cost like $1K already.

IMO, I dont like 3D. In 3D, many things are added in, such as furnitures, accessories which may not be what you will be doing.

Overall an inaccurate representation of what you have in mind. Further to that, 3D takes time and delay the start of reno.

It looks like there is no entrance, but that's cos we are making a platform where bedroom 2 used to be, so the solid lines are not walls, but the platform area... So, basically it's open door to the expanded MBR, go straight to WIW (which will swing doors at the entrance), step up to bed, step down to study.

Thanks, thats interesting. That means from the bed you will be able to see the wall (study area) through the step down opening.

My ID took about 1.5 weeks to generate the 3d renderings (which as OceanEleven mentioned was an outsourced job), but I couldn't complain cos it was so-called free. Since you paid for yours, I expect them to give you a higher standard of 3d renderings. I have seen some really good ones which come really close to the actual outcome, and since your ID is 3D Conceptwerke which charges a premium, you should expect nothing less from them!

My ID took about 1.5 weeks to generate the 3d renderings (which as OceanEleven mentioned was an outsourced job), but I couldn't complain cos it was so-called free. Since you paid for yours, I expect them to give you a higher standard of 3d renderings. I have seen some really good ones which come really close to the actual outcome, and since your ID is 3D Conceptwerke which charges a premium, you should expect nothing less from them!

Totally agreed, but unfortunately their in house person who did 3d drawings has quit and I don't think we want to wait for them to hire a new guy which will already be after CNY. The only bright side is that the real thing will 100% look better than the renderings!

The 3d renderings are still useful in helping to visualize the space, but the color and lighting are all off such that the house looks very cold. It's obvious from 3d conceptwerke's portfolio that the final product will not turn out that way, but nevertheless still quite depressing to look at the renderings

Edited by Noglossysurfacesplease

Thanks, thats interesting. That means from the bed you will be able to see the wall (study area) through the step down opening.

Yes, that's right. It will be quite a cosy space... We went for a platform because we prefer to put the mattress on the floor without a bed frame, so a raised platform works for us. Also will help to demarcate the space nicely into sleeping, wardrobe, and study. Only downside is of cos not very wheelchair friendly but for now that won't be a concern

Latest update:

Our hacking is completed! Wet works has started, but it would only be completed after CNY.

Preview of kitchen tiles

gallery_58248_240_46065.jpg

Vinyl flooring for the entire house (left-most) - was contemplating between the left and centre one, decided to go with the leftmost one in the end for a more rustic look.

gallery_58248_240_37802.jpeg

Just decided to overlay the floor tiles in the MBR toilet as well to match the wall tiles and the look I want to achieve better. The blue tile is the wall tile we have selected, and we are contemplating among the white tile options next to and below it for the floor.

gallery_58248_240_21410.jpeg

Edited by cooknchill

Quick update! Our renovation was completed in April and we moved in in the first week of May. Here are some shots off the photographer's screen when our ID came to take photos for their portfolio few weeks back. Quite happy with how it turned out.

Living room

gallery_58248_240_12685.jpg

View of kitchen from living room

gallery_58248_240_110483.jpg
Edited by cooknchill

• Like 2