Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cooknchill

Easily Impressionable Home Owners

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Corridor leading to master bedroom

gallery_58248_240_83702.jpg

MBR's toilet

gallery_58248_240_47649.jpg

Master bedroom with walk-in wardrobe and study

gallery_58248_240_70369.jpg

Missing photos of the study and common toilet which have yet to be sent to us by our ID.

• Like 1

Some furniture we have bought so far for the living room.

gallery_58248_240_5489.jpeg

gallery_58248_240_54647.jpeg

We bought the same sofa from franc franc! What a coincidence :)

Love how the colours mesh so nicely together. Where did you buy your funky kitchen tiles? :) Been going to a few tile shops to get a feel of the designs but haven't come across any like that.

You are using an induction hob? Can't see clearly but looks like a 3 or 4 zone hob from the pic. No issues with the electricity load?

Love how the colours mesh so nicely together. Where did you buy your funky kitchen tiles? :) Been going to a few tile shops to get a feel of the designs but haven't come across any like that.

You are using an induction hob? Can't see clearly but looks like a 3 or 4 zone hob from the pic. No issues with the electricity load?

The floor tiles are hexagonal cement tiles - I believe imported from Vietnam. Our ID sourced for them for us, but I think we saw some at Hafary and all the other tile shops - ask for their hex cement tiles and they should have. The wall tiles are from Japan - didn't see them at any tile shops but our ID sourced. Apparently from old warehouses operated by cranky old men.

For the hob, its actually only 2 zone. It's a hybrid induction + ceramic (hot plate) hob, from Mayer. The socket is the same type as the one your air con uses (15A?) so no problems for HDB - this is also one of the reasons why we got this hob because the other 3-4 zone ones will not generally work for HDB...

Hi... I'm interested to know how was the groove lines on ur kitchen cabinet door create? Care to share?

Hi. Basically once the drawings have been agreed between us and the ID, they were provided to the carpenters and they handled the rest. So really, all we had to do was just to agree on the idea - we have no idea how it was executed haha.

Same for the MBR green feature wall groove lines...

Edited by playneat

Quick update! Our renovation was completed in April and we moved in in the first week of May. Here are some shots off the photographer's screen when our ID came to take photos for their portfolio few weeks back. Quite happy with how it turned out.

Living room

gallery_58248_240_12685.jpg

View of kitchen from living room

gallery_58248_240_110483.jpg

Quite impressive. Understand that you engaged 'three-d conceptwerke' as your ID. Seen their portfolio, are they more designer kinda IDs? May I ask how did you communicate the ideas and design you wanted to the ID/contractor? As I am puzzled how you can achieve this besides having great taste of choosing furniture. Can you provide some good advice on this aspect? As I am worried whether we can achieve the theme (scandinavian/nordich) and look of our new home when we engage just an ordinary contractor.

• Like 1

Quite impressive. Understand that you engaged 'three-d conceptwerke' as your ID. Seen their portfolio, are they more designer kinda IDs? May I ask how did you communicate the ideas and design you wanted to the ID/contractor? As I am puzzled how you can achieve this besides having great taste of choosing furniture. Can you provide some good advice on this aspect? As I am worried whether we can achieve the theme (scandinavian/nordich) and look of our new home when we engage just an ordinary contractor.

Hi - not sure if this is what you mean by "more designer kinda IDs", but they do focus much more on design and planning around a space, rather than stock-standard solutions.

In terms of communicating with the ID, it really is a two-way communication. We specify our requirements, he comes up with a design that meets the requirements, we discuss and see what we like and what we do not, we brainstorm for ideas, and the process repeats itself until both ID and us are satisfied. Same process for choosing materials. For furniture, we usually send photos and get feedback from our ID.

The important thing is that we recognized from the start that our ID fits our design aesthetic very well, so whatever the ID proposes is usually not too far off from what we feel is attractive. Similarly, the ID is happy to incorporate our ideas since it fits his style well also. Same for furniture. We think this is probably the most important point - to have good rapport with your ID and one who thinks similar to you. Naturally, the results will be in line with your intentions - you just need to maybe focus on whether or not it fits yr lifestyle (not design) requirements.

In comparison with working with contractors, the difference is probably that the contractor will not provide much in terms of design input? So you will have to handle most of the design yourself and communicate exactly your requirements to the contractor.

Hope this helps.

The floor tiles are hexagonal cement tiles - I believe imported from Vietnam. Our ID sourced for them for us, but I think we saw some at Hafary and all the other tile shops - ask for their hex cement tiles and they should have. The wall tiles are from Japan - didn't see them at any tile shops but our ID sourced. Apparently from old warehouses operated by cranky old men.

For the hob, its actually only 2 zone. It's a hybrid induction + ceramic (hot plate) hob, from Mayer. The socket is the same type as the one your air con uses (15A?) so no problems for HDB - this is also one of the reasons why we got this hob because the other 3-4 zone ones will not generally work for HDB...

Thanks for sharing. Will keep a lookout for these hex cement tiles during my next visit!

Will look take a look at the Mayer hob as well. Currently thinking of combining a domino induction and a domino gas hob but that's quite ex. For some reason, the domino hobs from Bosch cost quite a lot more than the larger ones.

Hi - not sure if this is what you mean by "more designer kinda IDs", but they do focus much more on design and planning around a space, rather than stock-standard solutions.

In terms of communicating with the ID, it really is a two-way communication. We specify our requirements, he comes up with a design that meets the requirements, we discuss and see what we like and what we do not, we brainstorm for ideas, and the process repeats itself until both ID and us are satisfied. Same process for choosing materials. For furniture, we usually send photos and get feedback from our ID.

The important thing is that we recognized from the start that our ID fits our design aesthetic very well, so whatever the ID proposes is usually not too far off from what we feel is attractive. Similarly, the ID is happy to incorporate our ideas since it fits his style well also. Same for furniture. We think this is probably the most important point - to have good rapport with your ID and one who thinks similar to you. Naturally, the results will be in line with your intentions - you just need to maybe focus on whether or not it fits yr lifestyle (not design) requirements.

In comparison with working with contractors, the difference is probably that the contractor will not provide much in terms of design input? So you will have to handle most of the design yourself and communicate exactly your requirements to the contractor.

Hope this helps.

Care to share the ballpark cost of your renovation? Just wondering how much it would cost roughly to go with a proper ID that can help to create something more unique :)

Thanks for sharing. Will keep a lookout for these hex cement tiles during my next visit!

Will look take a look at the Mayer hob as well. Currently thinking of combining a domino induction and a domino gas hob but that's quite ex. For some reason, the domino hobs from Bosch cost quite a lot more than the larger ones.

Care to share the ballpark cost of your renovation? Just wondering how much it would cost roughly to go with a proper ID that can help to create something more unique :)

Haha yeah actually we considered domino hobs also to get around the HDB electrical load restrictions, but the cost did not make sense. Also, felt that since we not cooking tze char stuff, probably one induction + one ceramic hot plate will do - so we settled for the Mayer one. it's about $1,100 if i remember correctly, whereas the Bosch domino combo will be about $2,000.

Ballpark cost of renovation is around 70+? Sounds like a lot, but considering the amount of work we did (redid and expanded whole kitchen, doors, flooring, completely redo both toilets, full length living room cabinetry, kitchen cabinetry for expanded kitchen, knocking down walls, walk in wardrobe, etc. etc.), we felt it was rather reasonable. About 15-20% more expensive than using a contractor i would imagine...