Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cooknchill

Easily Impressionable Home Owners

Haha yeah actually we considered domino hobs also to get around the HDB electrical load restrictions, but the cost did not make sense. Also, felt that since we not cooking tze char stuff, probably one induction + one ceramic hot plate will do - so we settled for the Mayer one. it's about $1,100 if i remember correctly, whereas the Bosch domino combo will be about $2,000.

Ballpark cost of renovation is around 70+? Sounds like a lot, but considering the amount of work we did (redid and expanded whole kitchen, doors, flooring, completely redo both toilets, full length living room cabinetry, kitchen cabinetry for expanded kitchen, knocking down walls, walk in wardrobe, etc. etc.), we felt it was rather reasonable. About 15-20% more expensive than using a contractor i would imagine...

From the overall look, amount of work, and quality of the carpentry I feel it's quite reasonable too. You may spend less going with a contractor but it will be very hard to create something like this without knowing exactly what you want or the options available. Enjoy your new home!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Vinyl flooring for the entire house (left-most) - was contemplating between the left and centre one, decided to go with the leftmost one in the end for a more rustic look.

gallery_58248_240_37802.jpeg

Hi cooknchill, may I check where these laminates are from? Really love the rustic wood grains in left 2.

Hi cooknchill, may I check where these laminates are from? Really love the rustic wood grains in left 2.

Hi. Forgot the brand, but think its Vinyl Vista or something like that. Made in China, but actually we felt it look and feel much better than Evorich which everyone else seems to be using (which, by the way, also made in China so don't see why theirs is so much more expensive).

Thanks! Was it sourced through your contractor? I can't seem to find Vinyl Vista's company website.

Hi yes, it was sourced through our ID. I tried looking for the website before but couldn't find. In terms of price we not sure exactly cos our ID quoted for entire floor not psf, and I kinda forgot how much it was haha. But I estimate roughly 20% cheaper than evorich ba. I also prefer this vinyl's skirting. They cut from the same piece of vinyl for a consistent look - rather than a generic wooden block that evorich uses.

Hi, can share the design of your tv console? Looks fantastic and have been finding ideas for one with lots of storage without having the too heavy feel.. N urs looks great!

Quick update! Our renovation was completed in April and we moved in in the first week of May. Here are some shots off the photographer's screen when our ID came to take photos for their portfolio few weeks back. Quite happy with how it turned out.

Living room

gallery_58248_240_12685.jpg

View of kitchen from living room

gallery_58248_240_110483.jpg

may i know what is the colour of your living room wall

wow simply love your house. You mentioned that the renovation cost 70+k. Does it include all the furniture, electronic stuff like TV,Air con etc? All included or only purely stuff like flooring carpentry.. don know how u call it:)

Hi, mind sharing the contact for the windows for the kitchen? Thanks!

Hi! Are you referring to the windows with the black aluminum frame? We actually don't have individual contacts since all the work was handled and coordinated through our ID. Sorry!