Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
claypot

Tam-Pines Head-Dee-Bee 3-Rm Re-Newal Tea-Blog

Dear All,

I'm starting this t-blog to document my renovation journey, to thank all fellow t-bloggers and forumers for their contributions in this forum i.e. sharing their ideas, recommendations, and advice. Hope this t-blog will also help others and future forumers.

My flat unit is HDB 3I corner mid-floor in Tampines. I started viewing for 3-rm HDB flats in early Oct 2013. I only viewed about 5 units (1 unit is in Bedok and the rest in Tampines) within a single day. One of the units that suit my requirements was found on that day too. OTP was done within a week and HDB first appointment was in mid-November 2013. I've only gotten my keys on the 2nd last day of 2013.

The former owner has done some works on the WC, Bathroom and Kitchen. The Bathroom was hacked to create a doorway into the MBR, and also hacked another doorway to the WC. He also sealed up the original Bathroom doorway at the Kitchen. This provide direct access to the WC and Bathroom from the MBR. But the downside to it is that there's less space in the WC and Bathroom to mount a proper size wash basin. As it is 3I, both WC and Bathroom are tiny compared to other 3 room HDB flats, and this is one of the downsides of my flat unit.

The former owner also shrink the kitchen further in, so that the dining area is in the living room.

I've edited the floorplan to reflect the current layout.

gallery_57920_242_19652.jpg

The upside of it is that it's corner (not along corridor) and its approx 8 mins walk to Tampines MRT/bus-interchange.

ID was appointed in early Dec 2013. 1st payment of 15% was made, and off we go in this renovation journey.....

Edited by claypot

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Welcome to starting a Blog and 3 Roomer ^^

Very similar layout as mine.

Hope to see more updates and your choice of purchase and designs

Wish you a smooth Renovation journey ...

Hey claypot, it's finally your turn! Congrats on starting the renovation process. Which ID did you engage in the end?

Thanks, songz, vicx1234 & iceage.

Hacking started on the 3rd day of 2014, and completed within a day! (probably due to its small size of 69sqm :bleah: ).

Only the following was hacked:

kitchen wall tiles

kitchen floor tiles

living room floor tiles

MBR skirting

Bedroom 2 skirting

All windows will be replaced but on that day only the window grilles were removed.

WC and bathroom will be left untouched as its well-maintained by the previous owner and there was a HDB HIP (Home Improvement Programme) done recently. So brand new pipes, toilet windows and doors. Even the ID also remark that it's not necessary to renovate the toilets.

Photos to be published soon.

These are the photos of the flat prior to renovation:

From the living room, looking towards the kitchen
gallery_57920_242_55961.jpg

From the kitchen, looking towards the living room
gallery_57920_242_144055.jpg

From the living room, looking at the 2 bedroom doors.
gallery_57920_242_27048.jpg

More kitchen photos
gallery_57920_242_75049.jpg
gallery_57920_242_111756.jpg

Your house sure look colorful like mine which I have posted

too colorful for me... Look like kindergarten. May look nice at first but after over the years.... :no:

Edited by claypot

Exactly how I feel when i enter the house of mine but not kindergarten feel.

Anyway guess we will sure to paint and change it

There was a false wall in the Bedroom 2, and i was quoted $200 to dismantle it.

gallery_57920_242_45909.jpg

Try to bargain also no use, so i DIY. Used a crowbar poke a hole at the top and pull it down. $200 saved!

gallery_57920_242_112548.jpg

gallery_57920_242_169906.jpg

Hi claypot, congrats on ur unit, & welcome to the 3-roomers' club & to RT :)

You have a very clean-cut unit which makes it easy to do space planning & furnishing.. :good:

Enjoy ur reno journey! Looking forward to see the transformation! :yamseng:

very colourful indeed haha. how did they manage to feel relaxed with all those vibrant colours in their face?