Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
claypot

Tam-Pines Head-Dee-Bee 3-Rm Re-Newal Tea-Blog

Went to Cellini at Park Mall on 16 Jan 2014 to order a dining set.

Cellini Tropia:

It consist of a 1.3m quartz (from Caesarstone, so its stain/scratch-proof unlike using wooden table top) table top with real solid wood legs, 1 wood bench and 2 fabric high-back chairs (with wood legs). It comes with a 1.7m option, but its too long for me. So i just got the 1.3m. It would be ideal if there's a 1.5m option but nope, they don't have that length.

http://www.cellini.com.sg/html/#/products_info.php?id=74

This matches my white circular hanging dining light that i bought 1-2 weeks ago. The light is tunable (cool-white, day-white and warm light), and it is remote controlled (without a need to have a wall mounted switch).

Edited by claypot

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Went to lightings.com to purchase Philips lightings to get advantage of the promotion (free study table light worth $100++) last week and have them delivered last week too (before they close for a long CNY break)

Downlights (tunable and dimmable. Can change between white and warm light and yet still dimmable)

http://www.philips.com.sg/c/choose-your-luminaire/10.5-watt-711573166/prd/

LED spot light that is waterproof (actually meant for toilets) to be placed above kitchen sink:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=en&scy=gb&ctn=322131116

LED stripes 4500K 1m long (2 for kitchen cabinets and 1 for study top-cabinet)

http://www.philips.com.sg/c/Deco-Linear/linea-307343186/prd/

2 Wall lamps to be mounted on the wall beside the 2 sides of the bed in MBR (this model was chosen because its surface-mount instead of recessed-wall, and also its flexible arm is long):

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=en&scy=kr&ctn=690934866

Also bought 3 track lights (2m and 3m) and square & round white/black track fittings with halogen lights.

Living room (including the skirting) and kitchen floor tiles are laid, kitchen sink support is completed, the kitchen walls are cement-screed, the new white-powdered windows (kitchen window is pure aluminum) are all up last week.

gallery_57920_242_73929.jpg

gallery_57920_242_125734.jpg

For the time being, i'm in the midst of short-listing the following:

- hob/hood (major factor is the vertical beam along the kitchen wall where the kitchen cabinet and hob/hood will be)

- ceiling fans (major factor is the fan diameter)

- bed-frame (major factor is that there will be aircon trunking at the bottom of the wall where the bed-head is)

- refrigerator (prefer bottom-freeze)

Edited by claypot

Hi, claypot may I know how much you pay for the Philips dowlight please advise thank.

PM-ed you le

Edited by claypot

looks like very good progress! will it be ready for CNY? :)

Nope. will not be ready for CNY. Most likely early March by the looks of it. As i only got my keys at the end of last month, I already know that completing before CNY is not possible. Furthermore, i do not want them to rush and compromise on quality/workmanship. Nevertheless, i'm satisfied with the progress so far. At least all the demolition/dismantling and mansory work are completed, and all the windows are replaced. That was my initial target and it has been met.

The outstanding items are: aircon, laminate flooring at 2 bedrooms, L-box installation, stucco wall, electrical wiring, lighting/ceiling fan installation, glass backing between kitchen top and bottom cabinets, hob/hood mounting, iquartz kitchen cabinet mounting, carpentry works, plumbing and painting.

All these will complete after CNY. And due to the 2 weeks CNY break and 2 weeks required to fabricate the carpentry works, early March is possible (barring any unforeseen delays or mistakes made by sub-contractors).

Hi, don't mind PM me the quotation and contractor used? I would like to have a rough gauge of the cost. Are they responsive? Thanks!

Look forward to seeing more photos. :)

Nope. will not be ready for CNY. Most likely early March by the looks of it. As i only got my keys at the end of last month, I already know that completing before CNY is not possible. Furthermore, i do not want them to rush and compromise on quality/workmanship. Nevertheless, i'm satisfied with the progress so far. At least all the demolition/dismantling and mansory work are completed, and all the windows are replaced. That was my initial target and it has been met.

The outstanding items are: aircon, laminate flooring at 2 bedrooms, L-box installation, stucco wall, electrical wiring, lighting/ceiling fan installation, glass backing between kitchen top and bottom cabinets, hob/hood mounting, iquartz kitchen cabinet mounting, carpentry works, plumbing and painting.

All these will complete after CNY. And due to the 2 weeks CNY break and 2 weeks required to fabricate the carpentry works, early March is possible (barring any unforeseen delays or mistakes made by sub-contractors).

Totally agree that quality/workmanship is most important

Ya, no need to rush to finish it if you could afford the time.. can watch the progress & quality/worksmanship closely..

Mine took almost 3 months even without any break.. more bcos the ID/contractor slow lor & hiccups along the way.. luckily i not in a rush..

Good luck!! :thumbs up:

Edited by jus4fun

Hi, don't mind PM me the quotation and contractor used? I would like to have a rough gauge of the cost. Are they responsive? Thanks!

Look forward to seeing more photos. :)

PM you le

Regarding laminate flooring, the underlay some use are the foam-type:

gallery_57920_242_42245.jpg

gallery_57920_242_82153.jpg

However, some offered rubberized underlay (claimed by them to be better, and it is indeed slightly thicker):

gallery_57920_242_13260.jpg

gallery_57920_242_57704.jpg

Bypassing my ID (with her permission, of course) and get Sensa Laminate flooring instead of Krono-O. Ordered them at Expo 2-3 weeks ago with installation after CNY.

AC4 8mm Solido Perform Stavanger (MBR) (top in the photo below)
AC4 10mm Urban Zone Positano (white-grey) for Bedroom 2 (bottom in the photo below)
gallery_57920_242_146134.jpg

Skirting for MBR:
gallery_57920_242_52794.jpg

Skirting for Bedroom 2:
gallery_57920_242_50585.jpg

T-joint at the door between living room and bedrooms:
gallery_57920_242_10447.jpg

Can't decide whether bottom-freezer refrigerator to purchase Samsung or Hitachi

Samsung RL4013UBASL/SS

http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/home-appliances/refrigerator/bottom-freezer/RL4013UBASL/SS

Hitachi R-SG37BPS

http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/sg/products_details.aspx?oid=1821

Anyone has any feedback on the 2 models mentioned above?

Edited by claypot