Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
claypot

Tam-Pines Head-Dee-Bee 3-Rm Re-Newal Tea-Blog

Renovation works will resume after 1 week. It will be installation of L-box in the Living Room area. Time to take my mind off renovation for awhile. :)

Readers, have a blessed Lunar New Year. May health :sport-smiley-003: and prosperity come running (galloping) after you in the new year. :good::jammin:

Edited by claypot

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Not much updates due to CNY. But over the past 2 days, they have done up the L-box in the living room, and also box-up the water pipe leading into the kitchen from the living room.

IMG_4302_zpsa5510791.jpgIMG_4301_zpsc7331959.jpg

IMG_4300_zps8cf23f71.jpg

IMG_4292_zpsc696c505.jpg

Edited by claypot

Due to the aircon trunking that goes around one side of the beam, box up was done on both side of the beam (To be symmetric, the other side of the beam was box-up.) One side of the door frames was covered up as a result)

IMG_4296_zpsc3f08953.jpg

Edited by claypot

Went to GC at Changi Point today to purchase the following:

medium01.jpg

http://www.lg.com/sg/refrigerators/lg-GR-M562GSH/technical-specifications

Actually i wanted a bottom freezer, especially the only Samsung bottom freezer Bottom Freezer, RL4013UBASL due to the easy to access vegetable/fruits drawer. But then the salesman pointed out that the LG fridge is real stainless steel external and that bottom freezer may have condensation issue, it made me rethink, and since the LG fridge is at least $250 cheaper than the Samsung's, so i decided on this LG top-freezer fridge. Furthermore, it has free gift (branded chinese wok + 2 cooking utensils)

medium02.jpg

http://www.lg.com/sg/washing-machines/lg-WD-1486ADP3

It was a toss-up between Samsung and LG. LG prevail due to the direct-drive which is less nosier and since its belt-less it should have lesser wear-and-tear. Separate washer and dryer machine might have its benefits (able to stack on top of each other to save space, etc). But due to budget constraint and also to save even more space, a washer/dryer was selected. 8kg washer and 4 kg dryer should be sufficient for a single or a small family or couple. Oh well, its slightly less than $1K. so decision made...

medium01.jpg

http://www.lg.com/sg/microwave-ovens/lg-MJ3283BC-lightwave-oven

Can microwave, conventional oven, steam and even grill. And World’s 1st Charcoal Lighting Heater. and its PWP offer price (off about $200 from the usual price). So decision made. looks nice too. and easy to use due to the turning knob. Anything bigger, then i would have to get the build-in oven. But since no need so big, this size/volume should be sufficient.

Edited by claypot

• Like 1

Some minor changes:

1) laminate flooring skirting will all be Ash White

2) no more stucco wall. but thinking of having water feature and artificial grass at the foyer instead. Anyone got suggestions on where to get that?

Can't decide whether bottom-freezer refrigerator to purchase Samsung or Hitachi

Samsung RL4013UBASL/SS

http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/home-appliances/refrigerator/bottom-freezer/RL4013UBASL/SS

Hitachi R-SG37BPS

http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/sg/products_details.aspx?oid=1821

Anyone has any feedback on the 2 models mentioned above?

I am looking at the same hitachi model for my new place as well, partly cos I have a constraint of 83cm width and 70cm depth. Just curious, any reason for not choosing the hitachi?

I am looking at the same hitachi model for my new place as well, partly cos I have a constraint of 83cm width and 70cm depth. Just curious, any reason for not choosing the hitachi?

Even though Hitachi has 4-ticks, it is still not as energy efficient as Samsung.

Samsung is 450kWh for 402L

Hitachi is 423kWh for 294L

Samsung capacity is about 108L more than Hitachi, but the consumption is only 27kWh more than Hitachi

• Like 1

Even though Hitachi has 4-ticks, it is still not as energy efficient as Samsung.

Samsung is 450kWh for 402L

Hitachi is 423kWh for 294L

Samsung capacity is about 108L more than Hitachi, but the consumption is only 27kWh more than Hitachi

Hmm ok, Never really looked into power:capacity ratio, not that I believe in the ticks anyway. But looks like the Samsung does not have auto ice maker, wifey will fail it immediately. :no:

Hmm ok, Never really looked into power:capacity ratio, not that I believe in the ticks anyway. But looks like the Samsung does not have auto ice maker, wifey will fail it immediately. :no:

LOL. hubby & i did not consider power capacity ratio either but went for samsung as there was some promotion. just wanted to share that samsung does have models with auto ice maker :)

Updates on the reno over the past 1 week:

- Wall & Ceiling painting has been completed

- Laminate flooring for both bedrooms have been laid and installed

- Carpentry & Ceiling Fan discussions

Yesterday spent about 2 hours discussing about the layout of the customized carpentry for the shoe cabinet, top-hung study cabinet, kitchen cabinets (top & bottom), and the wardrobe. Most of the time was spent on the kitchen cabinets due to the position of the hob and hood. Hinges are Blum but the rest are non-Blum soft-closing rails. I also had to choose the internal laminate as mine is not the typical internal-white. The carpenter and ID also gave recommendations on which internal laminate are more durable as some can be rather thin.

Gotten 1 Fanco UFO (yellow) from someone selling ceiling fans here in RT. As i only set the appointment with him only 1 day in advance, and he has other appointments, I didn't want to take too much of his time, so discussion was pretty fast. The Fanco UFO will be at the Living Room. As for the Study Room, he advised that since i may have cupboards that have casement doors instead of sliding doors, the ceiling fan may be smaller than i originally planned (less than 48"). So i dropped the idea of having a ceiling fan in the study room, and instead rushed down to Geylang area near Paya Lebar MRT to purchase LED circular ceiling light which is tunable and dimmable and also remote controlled for the study room. Also bought 2 kitchen lights and a 1.4m LED strip with driver to be placed below the top-hung study cabinet (provide light to my study table, which I have yet to decide which to purchase).

Things are starting to be fast and furious now that CNY is over. The carpenters can fabricate and install all the customized furniture within a week or so.

I also find that prices have also dropped after CNY (post CNY sale?). Went to one of the furniture shops at Parkmall, and was surprised that they are offering 50% off selected furniture and one of them is a TV console that i was eyeing. But in the end i didn't purchase as it was slightly longer than my requirements. Anyway, I'm researching on TV console that has a height of between 55-65cm. The reason is because after seating on a recliner sofa, if the TV is placed on top a TV console, it must be of certain height so that your feet does not block your view (when reclining) and also even if you don't recline, if the TV is placed too low because of the low-height TV console, you tend to be looking down. There aren't many TV consoles that fits my requirement, as mostly are between 40 to 50cm in height. But i managed to find one: IKEA HEMNES TV bench. It's IKEA higher range model.

Hope to have spare time to post photos of the painted walls/ceiling and also the floor laminate at the 2 bedrooms, but I'll be away for work overseas this coming week.

Edited by claypot

Updates on the reno over the past 1 week:

- Wall & Ceiling painting has been completed

- Laminate flooring for both bedrooms have been laid and installed

- Carpentry & Ceiling Fan discussions

Yesterday spent about 2 hours discussing about the layout of the customized carpentry for the shoe cabinet, top-hung study cabinet, kitchen cabinets (top & bottom), and the wardrobe. Most of the time was spent on the kitchen cabinets due to the position of the hob and hood. Hinges are Blum but the rest are non-Blum soft-closing rails. I also had to choose the internal laminate as mine is not the typical internal-white. The carpenter and ID also gave recommendations on which internal laminate are more durable as some can be rather thin.

Gotten 1 Fanco UFO (yellow) from someone selling ceiling fans here in RT. As i only set the appointment with him only 1 day in advance, and he has other appointments, I didn't want to take too much of his time, so discussion was pretty fast. The Fanco UFO will be at the Living Room. As for the Study Room, he advised that since i may have cupboards that have casement doors instead of sliding doors, the ceiling fan may be smaller than i originally planned (less than 48"). So i dropped the idea of having a ceiling fan in the study room, and instead rushed down to Geylang area near Paya Lebar MRT to purchase LED circular ceiling light which is tunable and dimmable and also remote controlled for the study room. Also bought 2 kitchen lights and a 1.4m LED strip with driver to be placed below the top-hung study cabinet (provide light to my study table, which I have yet to decide which to purchase).

Things are starting to be fast and furious now that CNY is over. The carpenters can fabricate and install all the customized furniture within a week or so.

I also find that prices have also dropped after CNY (post CNY sale?). Went to one of the furniture shops at Parkmall, and was surprised that they are offering 50% off selected furniture and one of them is a TV console that i was eyeing. But in the end i didn't purchase as it was slightly longer than my requirements. Anyway, I'm researching on TV console that has a height of between 55-65cm. The reason is because after seating on a recliner sofa, if the TV is placed on top a TV console, it must be of certain height so that your feet does not block your view (when reclining) and also even if you don't recline, if the TV is placed too low because of the low-height TV console, you tend to be looking down. There aren't many TV consoles that fits my requirement, as mostly are between 40 to 50cm in height. But i managed to find one: IKEA HEMNES TV bench. It's IKEA higher range model.

Hope to have spare time to post photos of the painted walls/ceiling and also the floor laminate at the 2 bedrooms, but I'll be away for work overseas this coming week.

How much was the Fanco UFO? :)